Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Happy Thanksgiving!

Pages: 1 2 55 replies

M

Hope you all have a nice Holiday. Don't forget to make a Moai out of your mashed potatoes!

:music: In the Turkey, Turkey, Turkey, Turkey, TurkeyRoom :music:
:music: All the birds get eaten, it's their day of doom :music:

I love TurkeyCentral.

-Z

D

Everyone have a tikiturkeyriffic Thanksgiving-drive safely,and get the big half of the wishbone!

gobble freakin gobble

mmm...tryptophan...sweet, sweet, tryptophhh...snore

guys
Aloha from Australia
Hope you all have a great day
If your travelling "stay safe"
if your drnking "drink lots"
Most of all enjoy yourself.

cheers BoB

Yayyy! Turkey Day!!
Man, I have to wait 'till next October for my Turkey Day.

Every one fill their bellys for me!

thanksgiving is the main reason we built our tiki bar! now we don't have room to host a family dinner at our house!

happy thanksgiving everyone!

On 2004-11-24 16:15, the drunken hat wrote:
thanksgiving is the main reason we built our tiki bar! now we don't have room to host a family dinner at our house!

sweet!

now the next thing on the agenda is finding a way to weasel out of having to go visit family for thanksgiving! If you've figured this out already, my hat's off to you!

M

On 2004-11-24 16:24, dangergirl299 wrote:

sweet!

now the next thing on the agenda is finding a way to weasel out of having to go visit family for thanksgiving! If you've figured this out already, my hat's off to you!

All one has to do is cook and serve their relatives for Thanksgiving this year and then next year no more family obligations!!!!

(NOTE; for those with no sense of humor, the above comment by me was intended as humor!)

M

WHAT!?!? You told me the main reason you built your bar was so I could get drunk at your house!!! Now I don't know what to believe! :)

On 2004-11-24 14:18, mrsmiley wrote:
Don't forget to make a Moai out of your mashed potatoes!

Life sized?!
I need to go get more, a lot more, potatoes.

M

Happy TDAY

K

Yes, have a nice holiday everyone. See you back here on monday.

Ahu

Yes, let's enjoy the recoginition of the further destruction of native American culture and the proliferation of 'manifest destiny'...

I love how I can ride my bike down the street on Thanksgiving without getting run down and cursed at by thousands of drivers. Perhaps not what the founders of Thanksgiving had in mind, but I enjoy it. Happy Thanksgiving.

TM

Happy T-Day to everyone...Will you all be drinking as heavily as I to make it through another fun filled family day at Mom's?

On 2004-11-24 19:34, Tiki_Bong wrote:
Yes, let's enjoy the recoginition of the further destruction of native American culture and the proliferation of 'manifest destiny'...

Amen! I wrote a song on the uke you may be interested in! Let's keep in mind the people who really brought us Thanksgiving. Hint: they didn't dress in black and white clothes with a lot of brass buckles.
-FB

P.S. Be thankful for those who love/tolerate you as well as those you love/tolerate and misfortune not had!

[ Edited by: FREAKBEAR on 2004-11-24 20:48 ]

Happy family time together with your relatives. Remember your ancestors, and try not to fight about Unions like I did with my Mother in law last year. I had that song "Motherinlaw" running through my head the whole weekend...

I wonder what sort of reaction will be brought this December 25th when I wish everyone "Dies Natalis Solic Invite"?

I'm gonna go reread Burroughs' "Thanksgiving Prayer" now.

TG

I hope my editing this doesn't invalidate it...

[ Edited by: tikigardener on 2004-11-24 19:57 ]

L

There is something akin to tiki about the holiday since there were also pagans at the table right?

Happy Thanksgiving to all my TC Ohana!

I give thanks everyday that I have a decent job but would it be too much to have Thanksgiving off for a change? This is my 8th T-Day in a row that's gonna be spent bathed in the phosphorescent glow of my editing booth!

All one has to do is cook and serve their relatives for Thanksgiving this year and then next year no more family obligations!!!!

... and there you have it. If God didn't mean for us to eat people, why did he make them out of meat?

Cheers!

Pursuant to my previous post, I'll be roasting and eating a Pilgrim this year.

Cheers!

Marian and I are thankful for all the good times we've had with our friends from Tiki Central this year and that we survived the 2004 hurricane season --strangely enough -- with good memories. I bet TCers who were at the Hukilau are about the only ones who can say that!
Have a great Makahiki everyone!
KG

Aloha Everyone,

Have a Happiest Thanksgiving!

Much Mahalo's from the islands

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Best of all wishes. Pour yourselves a nice one for me.

(Pouring a nice one for myself.)

Cheers!~

M

My relatives are all too chewy or fatty to make a good meal. Old drunks have terrible meat on them.

hat: good one. But Smiley's right: Getting bent at home is reason #1 to own a home bar.

At the stroke of midnight on Turkey Day, I was sitting in Trader Dick's with a Navy Grog in one hand, a great cigar in the other (thanks, Mr. Smiley!), and $172 in video poker winnings in my pocket. Now THAT'S a Thanksgiving!

(All winnings subsequently sacrificed to the evil god roulette. Damn!)

RE: Thanksgiving-

To paraphrase the Proopdog, the reason the Pigrims were thrown out of England was because they were no damn fun. They wore belt buckles...on their heads.

Bump to 2005

I would like to give THANKS to my familia , Mrs,Bamboo, Tiki man Jack and Bonzai Blake....for understanding that this will be the first year that I will be with out them on that special day. THANKS BOO FAMILY !!!!! (boo hoo boo hoo)

I would also like to give thanks to the tiki gods for making me so god damn busy that I can barley babble on TC anymore.

Also to the KONA CLUB . Soon to be the bay areas mini Mai Kai. ( the owners are doing it right! )

Also to Crazy Al for helping me save my back on above job and future one's too.

We'll be working at the Kona Club on Thanksgiving Day. Anyone in the area driving by...... just put some leftovers on the bench outside and we'll find em.

Tiki Tiki !!!

T

Moved to Ohana!

To mis-quote Linus: "Isn't there anyone who knows what Thanksgiving is all about?"

How about George Washington?

On 2005-11-23 07:21, RevBambooBen wrote:
Bump to 2005

I would like to give THANKS to my familia , Mrs,Bamboo, Tiki man Jack and Bonzai Blake....for understanding that this will be the first year that I will be with out them on that special day. THANKS BOO FAMILY !!!!! (boo hoo boo hoo)

I would also like to give thanks to the tiki gods for making me so god damn busy that I can barley babble on TC anymore.

We'll be working at the Kona Club on Thanksgiving Day. Anyone in the area driving by...... just put some leftovers on the bench outside and we'll find em.

Ben - we surely miss the barley babble from you these days. It's just not the same...We tried Kashi babble from Tiki-Bot, but he just pissed everyone off. We'll bring you guys some leftovers on the way home from my sister's, we're taking 3 kinds of pie, pumpkin, pecan and cutie (insert photo of Carter here, I can't post pics, duh...) I cracked the whole family up with THAT one this morning!

Thanks to the Boo family for giving US Bay Area folks Ben this year, so we can have a tiki tiki Christmas and many more in 2006! Happy Tofurkey Day!

Happy Turkey Day! I hope everyone has a great holiday season.

IT'S SNOWING!!!!

(Providence, RI)

B

To everyone out there, have a Happy Thanksgiving. I hope everyone has a Special day.
Thanks.

Eat Lotsa Turkey you Turkeys!!!!

On 2005-11-24 07:41, cynfulcynner wrote:

IT'S SNOWING!!!!

(Providence, RI)

It's 70 degrees! we're eating on the patio!

(Bay Area, NorCal!)

Sorry, I grew up on the East Coast, I need to gloat....

happy T-day :)

:drink: HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!!!! :drink:

OK, it wasn't 70 degrees, but it was still nice! We took some turkey and trimmings to Ben and Al, and I will say that in a few weeks, the NorCal people will have something to be thankful for! The Kona club is coming together quite nicely. Thanks Ben and Al, for working through Thanksgiving, away from your loved ones, to give us an amazing tiki bar!

Turkey Day Sucks, if your in the hospitality business. :)

Ahhh... So much to be thankful for!
i hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.
The Royale clan had a fantastic evening at Trader Vic's in S.F. Mmmm... turkey from the Chinese oven!
The food was excellent as were the drinks and the hospitality was first-class (of course).
Aloha,
:tiki:

*On 2005-11-25 00:03, Tiki Royale wrote:*The Royale clan had a fantastic evening at Trader Vic's in S.F. Mmmm... turkey from the Chinese oven!
The food was excellent as were the drinks and the hospitality was first-class (of course).
" :music: Fa ra ra ra ra, ra ra ra ra! :music:"!!
(It sounds like a WONderful meal, BTW.)

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. Big Texas hug to my ohana eveywhere :)

Actually, I saw a History Channel show which had a spokesperson from one of the native American nations describing how Thanksgiving is a day of mourning for them because it was the beginning of the end of their culture.

On a different subject, Thanksgiving initially was a harvest feast; A day of thanksgiving would have been a religous and more subdued day.

Given all of that, the basic moral of human beings helping human beings, strangers helping strangers, is the most important message of any holiday we have.

Also, most of us probably could use such an opportunity to reflect and give thanks for the good things we enjoy.

http://www.history.com/minisites/thanksgiving/viewPage?pageId=874

[ Edited by: christiki295 2006-11-19 20:31 ]

Forbidden Island will be closed for T-day.

TofuJoe and I picked up our Now & Zen unturkey today and have been cleaning the house in preparation for my mom's immenant arrival (although, I don't know why; it'll never be clean enough for her, regardless).

T

Happy T'day, everyone,

We will be smoking a turkey breast & a ham, roasting a turkey in the oven (for those diehards who want dark meat), & hosting dinner for 16 (11 adults & 5 kids). I hope the weather is nice, so everyone can go outside.

I'm also doing apps-salami, country ham, numerous cheeses & crackers, hot crab dip, & (for the main meal), a vegetable side dish that I love-sauteed cabbage, mushrooms, sauerkraut, bacon. Everything else has been farmed out to the guests- one is doing m. potatoes & green bean cassserole, the other is doing sweet potatoes & pies. My BIL is doing breads & rolls (I have backups). My only wild card is my MIL is coming in & will do her cornbread dressing (& I have to get all the ingredients)-she likes to do 2 sheet pans, but I haven't figured out how to tell her to downsize (ok, I'm scared, I'll just let her fix what she wants)...I think it'll be a great T'giving, regardless...

Green Bean Casserole! TofuJoe and I finally decided to make one last year. We used the recipe on the back of the French's french fied onions can. Suffice to say, it truly stank (and I'm a GOOD COOK!).

Any one have a better recipe?

CL

Someone brought that greenbean casserole to Thanksgiving 2 years ago...small bites, long drawn out chews...and the remaining leftovers sat in the refrigerator for a week before we tossed it.

Did a search and this recipe looks pretty good:

Not Your Mama's Green Bean Casserole
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_35139,00.html?rsrc=search

May your giblets remain intact and undisturbed.

Gobble Gobble,
Chongolio

Pages: 1 2 55 replies