Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Otto's last gig at Conga Lounge 11-27-04 lets go!

Pages: 1 9 replies

I am going to try to be here, anyone else going??
Ps-The Tonga Room Band will NOT be playing this gig!!!!!:)

"Otto¹s Forbidden Island,
Saturday 11/27, 9pm (no cover)

Join us on Saturday for ³Otto¹s Forbidden Island² at Oakland¹s only Tiki Bar, Conga Lounge above Pizza Rustica on College Ave.
Unfortunately Tiki King Otto von Stroheim is moving out of Oakland, so this is his last event....and it¹s gearing up to be his best yet."

I'm just wondering, how come no more events? I mean, Alameda's not THAT bad of a commute...:wink:

Or is this a temporary thing? I know moving is hell...believe me, I know!!!

Anyway, if Paul's bartending I'm going to try to round up some folks to go, but be warned: his drinks are SERIOUSLY LETHAL!

XOX tikivixen

oh, whoops, I missed it! rats, I thought it was next week! oh well, questions still stand and you may call me:

time warp tikivixen

On 2004-11-29 13:08, tikivixen wrote:

Anyway, if Paul's bartending I'm going to try to round up some folks to go, but be warned: his drinks are SERIOUSLY LETHAL!

I can second that: I was seeing double after only TWO of Paul's drinks! Thus, when I went on Saturday night I only drank the red wine!

M

Too bad more TC folk weren't there--i did meet a nice new member, HelzTIKI.

[ Edited by: MRSMILEY on 2004-11-30 11:26 ]

M

I would have much prefered to be there and not stuck in the snow on I80.

It was a fun time Saturday night. Especially when it became Make Out Time!

H
Helz posted on Tue, Nov 30, 2004 2:10 AM

It was my great pleasure to meet you both (mrsmiley and dangergirl) at this event. It was one of my first Tiki events and surely hope to see you again and meet more Tiki enthusiasts! Now I just need to get the hang of shaking off those Zombies the next morning!

It was great meeting you, HelzTiki and danger girl.
Thanks too to Mr Smiley for attending nearly all of our events.
This final Otto's Forbidden Island was a blast. Thanks to all who attended.
I'd like to especially thank Otto for all his support - both hands on and behing the scenes- since our opening a year and a half ago.
The Conga will continue doing an Exotica night on the last Saturday of every month, featuring Exotica DJ's, live hula and special live entertainment. Then again, as Otto remarked on Saturday, "It's always a Tiki theme night at the Conga Lounge"

On 2004-11-29 18:36, dangergirl299 wrote:
It was a fun time Saturday night. Especially when it became Make Out Time!

OK, I gotta ask: who were you making out with?

Pages: 1 9 replies