Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Bash 2002 Pictures!

Pages: 1 21 replies

WOOOHOOO! I sure hope there are more Bash's soon! Have fun with the pictures below. There are alot, so those of you with only dial-up connections will have to be patient.

SugarCaddyDaddy

Alnshely = Al and Shelley

"Are you sure I'll get the recommended daily allowance of vitamins from just ONE of these?"

Bamboo Ben's shirt (with that funny piece of bamboo sticking out the top)

Bamboo Ben, pink honey, and Mrs. Bamboo

Cheer up Sven! (Sven & VintageGirl)

CRRRRRRRRRRAZY AL!

Debi from Total Recall (movie with Arnold Schwarzenegger) and SugarCaddyDaddy

Frank (DawnTiki's husband), Bamboo Ben and SugarCaddyDaddy

Souvenirs from the bar (cup, stirrers, napkin, coaster)

From the goody bag given out as you entered The Bash (Shag stationary, 2 Trader Vic paddle drink stirrers, invitation to The Bash, and the limited mug with "Big 'ol Tiki Bash 2002" on back.

Holden and The Farmettes

King Kukulele putting everyone in a Tiki Trans with his fantastic songs....Look! The guy behind him is already there!

King Kukulele, SugarCaddyDaddy & Bamboo Ben. (King's eyes are red from the camera flash, Ben's eyes are red from the Rum.)

Mrs. SugarCaddyDaddy & Shelley

SugarCaddyDaddy: "C'mon Holden let's take a picture"
Holden: "Uh..ok..but let's make it quick because I REALLY have to go to the bathroom!"

Sven: "Why don't these people buy me a Mai Tai as many times as they take my picture!!"
(SugarCaddyDaddy, Shelley & Sven)

TikiBong & KC from Beachdude, Inc.!

VintageGirl: "Oooo SugarCaddyDaddy, is that a Tiki in your pants or are you just happy to see me?!"

TraderPup completing his one-of-a-kind Tiki Totem.

Trader Vic's Bartenders shakin' it up!

12 foot Trader Vic's sign above the bar. Luckily the guy upstairs (see above the sign) is just contemplating life rather than losing his cookies all over the crowd below.

Tiki Central Sticker worn by some members. (courtesy of TraderPup)

[ Edited by: sugarcaddydaddy on 2002-09-30 15:50 ]

[ Edited by: sugarcaddydaddy on 2002-09-30 16:34 ]

M

Great pix, SCD! Keep 'em coming everyone!

-martin

SugarCaddyDaddy,

Yeah! Great Pictures.

The guy in the picture with me is KC from Beachdude Inc. A great guy and purveyor of fine koa and rattan furniture as well as tiki this and that.

Almost forgot to show The Bash Shirt! Sorry if it came out a little fuzzy. I was in a hurry because I'm barbecueing and need to get back to the grill..
SugarCaddyDaddy

FRONT. Tiki Farm logo & Nalu Surf on arm

BACK

H

Ok, that does it -- next year I have got to go.

J

My god that looked like fun...wow! Hey - where can I get some official Tiki Central stickers for the MD/DC/VA Tiki Regalia on October 12th?

:drink:

D

How much fun was that?!!! Aren't SugarCaddyDaddy and the Mrs. are the cutest! I just wish I had gotten a chance to mingle a bit more with the TC crowd. I couldn't wait for the pictures, by the look in EVERYONE'S (Glowing) eyes, the crowd was def·i·nite·ly under Tiki's spell! :tiki: Aloha - Dawn

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2002-09-30 21:47 ]

Aloha Sugar,
Great pics!!! My right eye has a broken blood vessel. The left one is from the rum!

A

Holden,
Thanks for hosting what will live on in legend as the Tiki Event of the Century.

Chiki Tiki and his big Tiki Mug carving. It's the coolest.

Cynfull Cyner, the woman who found Trader Vic's Corpse.

The adorable Inky Louise, all the way from New Yawk City

Charlie Rubel, a Bro from the old neighborhood. He's the Flash wizard behind Tiki Farm's Website. Along with the Bali Hai's, Drew Brophy's and others. Charlie is an Artiste.

The Strattons, CB Howlie and Futura Girl

Wes and Shell in the Pacific.
HOUSE OF TIKI
1860 NEWPORT BLVD.
COSTA MESA, CA 92627
(949) 642~TIKI
[email protected]
COME CHECK OUT THE ULTIMATE SOURCE FOR ISLAND
DECOR AND A WHOLE LOT MORE.
Mahalos! Wes

AquaRJ and Naomi

The Sexy women of Tiki Central

Hanford Lenmore, our Fearless Leader. Truly an honor to meet you, Hanford. Shelley and I enjoy the board very much. Tiki Central and its denizens keep us busy and entertained. More fun than a barrel of monkeys. A bottomless Maitai on the luau that is the World Wide Web.

BC DaDa, an interesting cat. You have to post some info on your magazine, Dude.

Debbie Bullat, (Madam Bong), note the Punchy shirt.

OC regular Paul, a frequent reveler in So Cal Events ( Paul I'm sorry what do you post under) I also got to meet Dawn Tiki, but I didn't get a picture.

And finally Holden (Smog Breather), a dedicated and tireless proponent of Tiki. Long hours in the gravel pit of commerce have not dulled his vision of a Tiki-er tomorrow. Though lonliness and privation are his constant companions, the true path to the future of Tiki lies firmly in his grasp. We can learn a lot from his hard work, perserverence and sacrifice. Holden we tip our Mai Tai to you.
Mahalo,
Al

[ Edited by: Alnshely on 2002-10-01 07:46 ]

Hey,
The party was great!
I was honored to be able to help out any way I could.
I made the Easter Island display w/Aku Moai and the Limited Mug given out that night.
-Marcus Pizzuti

Hey,
The party was great!
I was honored to be able to help out any way I could.
I made the Easter Island display w/Aku Moai and the Limited Mug given out that night.
-Marcus Pizzuti

MC

Yeah, Inky!
Way to REPRESENT NYC!

HH

just a few of my pics

The bar

me and some guy

killer art

from the balcony

a little closer

the wife and I

crazy ppl

more craziness

easter island

G
GECKO posted on Thu, Oct 3, 2002 1:39 PM

EY WAZZUP SUGAR CADDY !

Likes da pictures brah! Likes da outfit u had on to! That was sweet! made it yourself? Like I said on da otha pictures posted, It's nice to see faces.

Hey Chikki
That's some nice carvings you had displayed. Likes da mug dude! That was a cool idea!

Everyone was lookin sharp!!!!
Vintage girl was lookin nice 2! nice outfit!

The shirt of the day award goes to Bamboo ben...u crazy brhada. ey is dat smell local bamboo u wearin? smells great!

Bong, Love the Aloha shirt!sweeet! dats da kine u got from OA ya! Al& Shelly were there to lookin good...DAM. Every body was there!!

ey i gon be at da nex wun brahda.
Alooooooha!
Gecko

Hey Gecko,

I was lookin' nice cuz my man Atomic Cocktail made that outfit for me. He also made the chinese food pattern shirt he was wearing. Other owners of Atomic's aloha wear include Sven and Bamboo Ben.

However Atomic cannot take credit for Sven's shirt in this photo.

A

Gecko,
If you liked Vintage Girl in that outfit, you should have seen her out of it. Hubba Hubba!!!!.
Al

Oops! That must've been my cousin, Naughty Nurse Trixie making a "brief" appearance. I think she got a little confused and thought she was at Tease-o-rama for a while. :oops:

G
GECKO posted on Fri, Oct 4, 2002 10:21 AM

AL.... Now how in da hell did u get to see Naughty Nurse Trixie without Mrs.Shely around!! U lucky DOG!! How does this local boy get to meet this NURSE? I'm feeling a little blue from my uncle's coconut milk and chicken soup!

Gotta get somadat Atomic gear on my back!

Honestly everyone looked nice including that cool cool Hawaiian punch shirt that da Mrs Bong had on. That was cute.

Aloooooha

Thank's for the props Gecko. That mug was a mutha to carve. Once I tipped over that heavy-a$$ log, I had to hollow it out. Must have weighed 700lbs +.

M
mig posted on Wed, Oct 9, 2002 4:01 PM

You all suck.

Okay, not really. I'm just jealous that I couldn't be there... looks like quite a ride. I was busy getting my monkey on at Tease-o-rama...

DANGIT!

:)
mig

A
aquarj posted on Sun, Nov 3, 2002 3:45 PM

Got some Bash photos I've been meaning to post!

The Easter Island wall, and also Sven's rattan throne.

Me, a tipsy Kraut, and Eileen.

Sven, Randy, Mike, Rebecca, Martin, Eileen.

Quick, someone get help! The volcano's swallowing him!

-Randy

C

Good Lawd have mercy that looked fun. Its a blast putting the faces to the names at T.C. I recognize King Kukulele from the Las Vegas Grind a few years back. That dude is pure comedy and one of my favorite memories from that event. You have to love anybody that can wear a grass skirt and heckle gambling rednecks
Chongolio

Pages: 1 21 replies