Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Moatu Limited Edition Decanter & Skull Shot Set

Pages: 1 14 replies

I love this set! 500 limited edition set. 50 were suppose to be ready for the first fifty buyers at The Bash, but only 14 were actually completed (kiln problems). The remaining 36 buyers got their order in, and the rest will be available at retailers. $150 at The Bash. Yes, it's steep for some, but hey, I've spent more than that at a hotel with bad service and walked away with nothing but a crummy hotel towel. Get one if you have a chance...Oh, and one word of caution: If you handle one of the boxes, DON'T turn it over without supporting the decanter and stirrers! The decanter will fall out (as some people found out while purchasing theirs). Also, I found that even keeping it upright as a displayed piece will have the stirrers falling off overnight, since it is only held in place by rubber glue. I almost had a heart-attack when I woke up the next morning to find the stirrers remounted at the bottom & front of the box. I carefully peeled the stirrers away from the box and reattached them to the green backing. Better keep it at an angle just to be safe.
SugarCaddyDaddy

FRONT

BACK

Man! What time did you have to get in line to get yours? We were there by 5:20 and it took 1 hour plus to get in and they was GONE!

I did however buy Chikitiki's very cool Moai end table.

Believe me when I tell you that we are definitely addressing the "glue" issue - we only had these small glue dots (fugitive dots) - there are other options out there that we are reviewing that are both strong and removable!
Holden

WOW!! That is beautiful! Seriously, if anybody would like to sell one, please drop me a line. I would really love to try to get one of those.

Where can I get a set?!?!?!?!?

D

i arrived "fashionably late" at 6:45..and the line was long..and i didnt see the shag set..ARGH!

and whilst im regreting things.. i shoulda snagged a bellybutton tiki too.

elicia

Yowzer!!! i love the Shag Decanter.
Anybody know if anywhere's do these mail order coz i'm In London, England and it's fair 'ole treck to California (even at the weekend).Is Tiki Farm planing to mail order it.Any help would be great coz i reckon they won'y last long.
Cheers
Neilie Neilster

I spoke to Holden yesterday. He said that 50 were sold at the bash and the rest are going to the retailers, none will be sold by Tiki Farm. These are sure to be gems and quite difficult to obtain. Please somebody get me one!! I will pay!!!

any chance Holden can give us a list of retailers? And possible shipping times?
tg
http://www.exotic-tiki-gardens.com

M

Hey,
We've given out stores names to clients and now our stores are calling and saying "STOP" - they're already pre-sold! Who cares - call me anyways and I'll give you local stores and you can bug them even more! The "Moatu's" are baking in the oven as I write this and the "Aku-Aku's" (lavendar stone grey mugs with pale turquoise shots/swizzles) are still being "glaze prototyped" but look strong for late November... Moatu's are on for the end of October!
Holden

[ Edited by: smogbreather on 2002-10-02 21:47 ]

Tiki Farm's Moatu decanter by SHAG is one of my favorites, and I can hardly wait for the next batch to be made available so I too can obtain one of these Fine
works of art .
(Place them in covered cabinets or wire
across the front of your mugs to prevent toppling in the earthquake coming.)

(I tried to reply to this last night and had some trouble.)

Smog-You know anywhere in Ohio that will be selling them?

I'll be honest, THIS could make me jump on that Shag-in' Band Wagon! They look really cool. A little pricey, as is most of the stuff we collect, I guess.

But if I can grab one of these sets out here in the Tiki Dustbowl of Ohio, then I just may have to part with the money.

Thanks for the post!
-C.

I can see one of these never in my future. I even offered Holden a couple of nights with my wife and no luck. Boy I hope she dont find out I did that! Oh well, you do what ya gotta do for a tiki habit that is addicting as cocaine!

M

On 2002-10-02 21:38, smogbreather wrote:
Hey,
We've given out stores names to clients and now our stores are calling and saying "STOP" - they're already pre-sold! Who cares - call me anyways and I'll give you local stores and you can bug them even more! The "Moatu's" are baking in the oven as I write this and the "Aku-Aku's" (lavendar stone grey mugs with pale turquoise shots/swizzles) are still being "glaze prototyped" but look strong for late November... Moatu's are on for the end of October!
Holden

Holden-

What's the latest on the Moatus? Also- Is the Akuku the same design in a different colored glaze?

Hope all is well....

-martin

Moatu is due in 2 lots - 1 in early November and the latter in mid November. Akuku is in a lavendar stone ultra matte glaze with the skull shots in light blue and Shag's box art in blue tones. Akuku will be shipping out around the first of December! After all of the allocation to our stores is done and if we have some sets left over, I'm going to announce it through our opt-in email list and here at Tiki Central. It's too early to say if/how many sets will be available. Some of our stores who do big business with us are geographically "Shag" challenged and don't even want the sets - they don't even know who Shag is... unbelievable!
Holden

[ Edited by: smogbreather on 2002-10-31 20:21 ]

Pages: 1 14 replies