Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Tiki mug drink sets at Albertson's Supermarket

Pages: 1 17 replies

D

I don't know if anyone has posted this yet,but Albertson's has two different Tiki mugs with drink mixes.
The box set is labeled "Freaki Tiki".One comes wth the mug,a bottle with "tiki sugar",pina colada mix ,and a small bottle of Ron Vicaro Barbados Rum.
The other comes with the mug,a bottle of "tiki sugar",berry mix,and a small bottle of Six vodka.Both were $9.99 each.
On the back of the box it says "Distributed by Albertson's Inc."

S
sinner posted on Wed, Dec 8, 2004 3:59 PM

There is an Albertsons about two blocks from my house, so I might check this one out :D

Mmmmmm, Tiki Sugar.....

dangergirl299 wrote:
Mmmmmm, Tiki Sugar.....

Yes dear..you called me? haha!

DMilkMan, I'm almost afraid to ask what the mugs look like...

Z

One style of the mugs is marked "Shonfeld's USA. Inc." and it is the style of the orchids of Hawaii R-72.
Page 16, top row of Tiki Quest, cast looks most like the picture at the top left corner of the page.
I presumed these were old news to most, so didn't post about it before. Silly me, looking for groceries instead of tikitunities (might be my own new word, tiki opportunities) in the grocery store!

On 2004-12-08 17:55, ZebraTiki wrote:
One style of the mugs is marked "Shonfeld's USA. Inc." and it is the style of the orchids of Hawaii R-72.

These may be related to the mugs discussed here:
https://tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=7790&forum=5&start=0

TM

Here ya go....

Tiki Mugs, Vintage, Tiki Bars, Carved Tiki Poles, Apparel and more!
Everything Tiki at: http://www.bartiki.com

[ Edited by: Tiki Matt on 2004-12-08 22:06 ]

H
Helz posted on Thu, Dec 9, 2004 1:44 AM

My local Albertson's (Los Altos, CA) got these in about a week ago, though the packaging is different than the ones in the picture. The one that I picked up (The Green Orchids rip off) also came with a mini bottle of Ronrico Rum. Sadly I didn't take pics of the box together, but I have some of the package contents seperated out I might post if I can figure out how.

You might want to be a little careful though, as the mug I got had several flaws on it. So now it has been my go-to mug for most non-tiki moment applications (i.e. Having a little beverage while crusing the TC boards at 1:00am), because if it meets an ill fate, so be it.

All I can say is it's definately no Miehana...

Just dipping my toes in the clear blue water...

[ Edited by: HelzTiki on 2004-12-09 01:47 ]

[ Edited by: HelzTiki on 2004-12-09 01:57 ]

HT

These are the same sets offered at Spencers over the summer, and Marshalls this fall. Although Marshalls' undoubtedly got them from somewhere that couldn't sell them over the summer. I've also seeen them offered at kitchen stores. This is the same company that offered the set of shotglasses, with the little dish. Not that this information helps anyone, but meh. ALoha!

Just wanted to let you know I found a set of four of these at a TJ Maxx here in Toledo. Tiki Mee Mee has a Mai Tai mix, Tiki Tee Tee has a Blue Hawaiian mix, Tiki Jee Jee has a Pina Colada mix, and Tiki Dee Dee has a Daquiri mix. I got them all for about 4 bucks eachand I'm just leaving them in their packaging. It's attractive and I know how to make all the drinks without the mixes or the sugar that comes with them. Anyhoo, if you're looking around, that's where I found the whole set!

Just wanted to let you know I found a set of four of these at a TJ Maxx here in Toledo. Tiki Mee Mee has a Mai Tai mix, Tiki Tee Tee has a Blue Hawaiian mix, Tiki Jee Jee has a Pina Colada mix, and Tiki Dee Dee has a Daquiri mix. I got them all for about 4 bucks eachand I'm just leaving them in their packaging. It's attractive and I know how to make all the drinks without the mixes or the sugar that comes with them. Anyhoo, if you're looking around, that's where I found the whole set!

On 2004-12-12 11:16, SwingingTiki wrote:

Does anyone know if TJ Max has these mug sets? :D

8T

Unga, you crack me up!

Unga, you crack me up!

Unga, you crack me up!

Unga, you crack me up!

See what happens when you drink the contents of all those tiny bottles you got with all those sets, then wash it down with the tiki sugar?

I think I just pissed myself

S

I stopped by the albertsons in eagle rock this past friday to see if they had these mugs. They had both mugs pictured, and in addition, they also had trader vic's mai tai mix, hot buttered rum batter, and tom and jerry mix. I was pleasantly surprised :D

Pages: 1 17 replies