Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

So Cal New Years Eve Events?

Pages: 1 8 replies

UB

Hello fellow TCers!
Unga Bunga will be down in Southern California for the holidays, and I don't have plans yet for New Years Eve.
I was hoping some of you might have a suggestion and I hope to see some of you while I'm down there.
Mahalo in advance.

M

Were gonna get wild, wear non matching socks, play parcheesi, and get hammered on nyquil.

Its a take no prisoners kind of night.....

PS curfew is at 9:30

DZ

Well, Wersmo Derinc hasn't "officially" posted it yet, but the Purple Orchid is having their annual New Year's party. He mentioned it briefly on another post:
"And speaking of holidays, we will be having a New Year's Eve party. Dawn Shipley and the Sharpshooters will be rockin' da house, champagne at midnight, and we will have a balloon drop if I can figure out how to keep the puffer fish from popping the balloons. Hor D'oeurves all night."

Here's last year's thread, with plenty of pix!
As you can see, an awesome time was had by all, and DolphinTiki & I will be there again to usher in 2005 (just keep the Good Doctor away from the tequila. Please. :wink: )

Hey Unga, how far south are you goin'. We were thinking about checking into Humphrey's Half Moon for the New Year's Eve party but I would rather do a TC party somewhere...much more da kine.

New Year's eve in Pasadena is very festive and you can see all the floats in person before the parade. Then there's no need to actually stay for the parade. I have been going there for years. I may do something different this year, but it is hard to imagine sitting it out! It can get pretty cold and it can be a long evening because I like to get there early when the best parking is available. There's a lot of walking, too. It's pretty fun and there's the opportunity for New Year's revelry.

[ Edited by: floratina on 2004-12-10 07:05 ]

Unga, stop by or die...

On 2004-12-09 22:54, Shipwreckjoey wrote:
Hey Unga, how far south are you goin'. We were thinking about checking into Humphrey's Half Moon for the New Year's Eve party but I would rather do a TC party somewhere...much more da kine.

No plans, San Diego is part of it too.
Wish Del Mar race track was open.

O

We wish the track was open too. We can always have a TC poker night if you want to gamble...

If you do make it to San Diego, we hope to meet up with you. Keep us posted.

On Dec. 30th is the finals for the 2004 Wiener Nationals Dachshund race, the winning wiener gets to ride on a float in the Port of San Diego Big Bay Balloon Parade. The race is, of course, sponsored by Der Wienerschnitzel.

Pages: 1 8 replies