Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

christmas coctail vol3

Pages: 1 5 replies

has anyone forkout out the 30 bucks for this cocktail chrismas set yet? i already have vol 1 and 2 wondering if 3 is worth the money caue you have to buy 1 & 2 again to get it so any heads up by anyone who has it yet most of the songs strangle enoughi have on other capital cd's by artiest like dean and bing so just curious?

The 3rd CD is good but definitely not worth $30! Honestly it's like your average run of the mill Christmas album - it lacks that certain punch the first 2 volumes of Christmas Cocktails packed! It's almost as if Capitol has decided that there is no longer an interest in "lounge" and kept the 3rd volume rather tame.

K

I have the set. My copies of 1 & 2 were low quality MP3's so for me it was worth the investment.

[ Edited by: Juno on 2004-12-11 07:00 ]

K

(oops)

[ Edited by: Juno on 2004-12-10 13:17 ]

I'm disappointed with the last three Ultra lounge releases. Most of the previous titles have been fantastic so much so that I've bought the entire collection!

Vegas Baby - Too similiar to the Wild, Cool and Swingin' editions and with a full five of the nineteen songs already available on previous volumes it makes for a weak entry in the series.

Cocktails with Cole Porter - Better than Vegas Baby in that all the tunes are fresh but somehow the 'look' and 'presentation' of the package just isn't anywhere near as great as the earlier series. I notice that its an entirely different production team too which may have something to do with the fall off in quality.

Christmas Cocktails Vol.3. - Only available with Vol.1. & .2. in a box set. The first two volumes are fun at Christmas and easily my fave Xmas music. I don't have the new boxset but a look and listen to the samples on Amazon indicate that its a weaker companion to the first two editions. Less tracks and playing time too.

Maybe Capitol have just plain run out of inspiration on this series.

I'd love to see More Organs in Orbit!!

Chris

thanks guys for the info i guess i'll spend my money on others albums not really a tiki album but i got christmas with jimmy mcgriff at http://www.oldies.com for 3.88 not a bad price for a cd and it is more jazz lounge then tiki but it's right up there with my esquivel and arthur lyman xmas cd's

Pages: 1 5 replies