Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Why is posting drunk so fun? Please share...

Pages: 1 16 replies

Alcohol, man's faithful sidekick for centuries sure is a mysterious bitch, isn't he.

At first he fills the spirit with righteousness and profoundidity (I made that word up, ask me how), then she dumps your used ass off on the side of the road like a cheap hooker.

Posting with the buzz, yes or yes.

Please feel free to post your thoughts on this witless topic.

(Go.)

Probably the same reason why there are so many "drink and dials".Liquer certainly loosens tongues,and keyboards equally.Think of all the brilliant writers who were gassed when they wrote their masterpieces.I can't think of any offhand,but there were quite a few.

I'm sure Stephen King has some input on typing-while-intoxicated! While we're on Stephens, I'd love to hear Steven Hawking say something drunk! Smart people and booz are fun!
-FB

H
hewey posted on Tue, Dec 28, 2004 4:29 AM

Posting drunk is sooo fun 'cause you can hop back on when you are sober and laugh at the crap you have written.

I used to send my mates 'drunk-male' - an email letting them know about my intoxicated state and whatever else took my fancy at the time. A sure fire favourite that still gets laughed at years down the track.

H
hewey posted on Tue, Dec 28, 2004 4:39 AM

I once got a message on my mobile (cell) from my brother at 2:00am outlining his idea to hot rod an old Massey Ferguson tractor with a V8 flathead motor out of an old ford...

isnt alcohol a wonderful thing?

(isnt technology a wonderful thing letting us communicate our innebriated ways to our freinds?)

I was wondering the same thing about posting sober.

Anybody ever try that?

I've heard about it, but...

I

Although the physical ability to hit the right keys in order can be a challenge, posting while drunk is otherwise relatively effortless.

For a real challenge, try writing a decent or humorous post while suffering from a bad hangover.

Vern

On 2004-12-19 21:23, Tiki_Bong wrote:
Alcohol, man's faithful sidekick for centuries sure is a mysterious bitch, isn't he.

At first he fills the spirit with righteousness and profoundidity (I made that word up, ask me how), then she dumps your used ass off on the side of the road like a cheap hooker.

Posting with the buzz, yes or yes.

Please feel free to post your thoughts on this witless topic.

(Go.)

Damn it, Bong...I swore off posting a month or so ago. Since no one has asked yet, I'll bite.

You refer to alcolhol...
1)...as a "mysterious bitch"
2)...as a "he"
and 3)...as a "she"

What the heck??? (It IS ok to say 'heck' on TC these days, isn't it??) Is it a he or a she... or a heshe or something else!!! I'm sooooo confused! :-?

Hey Bong! This Bud's for You!!!!

http://www.pukepics.com/pukepics.htm

This site rocks!!!!

(not for the hoity toities and or pinky lifters.Trust me. )

I love puking, cause it means you're ready for another Bud!

I

From the March, 2005 issue of The Atlantic magazine....

"Friends Don't Let Friends Dial Drunk"

What do most people do on a Saturday night when they've had one too many? 95% of Virgin Mobile customers reach for their cell phones, according to a recent survey conducted by the phone company's Austrailian branch. Who are the lucky recipients of their sloshed calls? Among those admitting to DUI ("dialing under the influence"), only 19% felt inspired to chat with their current romantic partners - wheresas 30% reported calling their exes. The largest group of respondants (36% of the total) rang up "anyone and everyone" - a category that presumably includes bosses and parents.

Drunk dialing is so common that Virgin Mobile now offers customers the option of blacklisting selected phone numbers (at a cost of 25 cents per number) before heading out for a night on the town. The process only takes a minute, and the blacklisted numbers are off limit until six o'clock the next morning.

Vern

On 2005-02-15 04:57, ikitnrev wrote:
From the March, 2005 issue of The Atlantic magazine....

"Friends Don't Let Friends Dial Drunk"

What do most people do on a Saturday night when they've had one too many? 95% of Virgin Mobile customers reach for their cell phones, according to a recent survey conducted by the phone company's Austrailian branch. Who are the lucky recipients of their sloshed calls? Among those admitting to DUI ("dialing under the influence"), only 19% felt inspired to chat with their current romantic partners - wheresas 30% reported calling their exes. The largest group of respondants (36% of the total) rang up "anyone and everyone" - a category that presumably includes bosses and parents.

and it's for this reason you'll never find my boss's home phone number on my speed dial.

TM

Now THIS is Deja vu, baby!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zBT3-tL08o

D
TM

.....Because I am on my 6th Gin and Tonic (made with the Bombay Sapphire of course) AND I am listening to PEREZ PRADO on VYNYL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Teh d3adly kwan)

I am pretty drunk. I haD A party at my house tonight. I made some awesome daiquiris. Fresh squezzed lime juic, a simple syruop I made and some rum. Ernest hemmingway daiquirsi. Not as many people showed as were expected and I had leftover liquort that I didn't want to go to waste. I talked my not daughter in law, my grandson's baby mamam, who I love dearly, into consuming some leftovers but I still finished a fair amount of daiquiris by myself. I don't think I shouls text under the influence but I'm hitting sned anyways.

HJ

Because while posting alcohol-impaired, one thinks oneself outrageously clever until rereading the posts sober and realizes one came off as something written by a third grader collaborating with a learning-disadvantaged orangutan.

Pages: 1 16 replies