Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Hanford City? Lemoore City? What gives?

Pages: 1 3 replies

Hey Hanford, I just got back from doing a job at the Navel Air Base in a town called Lemoore, which is located right next to a town called Hanford about 100 miles north of Bakersfield, Ca.. Coincidence? I think not, what gives? Were you born in this area and your parents really loved the town names? It's OK, my last name coinsides with a certain city in "the OC", AND I grew up there too.

D

So it's like that is it? A secret identity. Well the sleuth in me (sloth? slouch? whatever), and the subtle hints given on the above thread lead me to this conclusion:
Mr. Lemoore(if that is your real name) was a Navy Brat and was indeed born in the Hanford/Lemoore area, as it is home to the largest Naval Air Base in California. When Mr. Lemoore(if that is your real name) came "of age" he realized that he was the product of the evil Military Industrial Complex, and that didn't jive with his developing political ideology. So he moved to a location that was more condusive to his beliefs (Merced), Changing his name to Hanford Lemoore to pay homage to his roots, so he could concentrate on his lifelong dream of creating a movement that would spread TIKIishness and TIKIosity into the farthest reaches of the world, like Denver. Thus TikiCentral was born! And we owe it all to the Military Industrial Complex!

...or, not.

Pages: 1 3 replies