Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Monkey MaiTai Contest with APE!!

Pages: 1 41 replies

CA

Some Holiday fun from the World's Finest and most Fun!
Exotic Band!....APE!

As you may know,,,,
The Fabulous and Loooong Awaited- Sold Out - Limited Edition - Lidded - Double Dipped - Hand painted - "Fez Wearing Monkey Mug" is about to start shipping out in the new year!!!!!!!

Missed Out On This Mug?
You can win an Ape CD and one of these very special sold out APE Mugs!!!
All you need is a great taste in libations as well as music.

APE is announcing it's signature drink!
the "MONKEY MAI TAI" !!!!!!!!!!

all we need is a recipe.........
email your creations to [email protected]
OR post one here to enter the contest. !

If you keep the ingredients simple and easy to find you might have a better chance of winning one of the Limited Edition APE MUGs.

Winner will be posted shortly after the New Year........ stay tuned for results and Contest developments...........

If you must have a Fez Wearing Monkey Mug..... a production model is available....... 6in. one color.... available in "Honey Bear" color for a limited time.

AND!
If you are getting a holiday bonus! and don't know what to spend it on...
try this Crazy AL - Custom Glazed - Made to Order -

HAVE A VERY TIKI HOLIDAY!!!!!

STAY TIKI!!

[ Edited by: crazy al on 2004-12-29 01:33 ]

HT

How many contest entries are we allowed to submit? I like a challenge, ask BambooBen.

within reason, of course.

[ Edited by: Hale Tiki on 2004-12-23 22:06 ]

I spied the C-Al hand-painted APE mug at the November Cruz Show, and it was... Fabulous indeed!

CA

the yummiest jobber is going to win

should be a MaiTai however

1 ounce Coruba Dark Jamaican Rum
1 ounce Bacardi 8
1 ounce Pineapple Juice (100%)
1/2 ounce Orange Curacao
1/4 ounce Rock Candy Syrup
Juice from one fresh lime
1 large frozen Banana

Mix all ingredients sans banana into a shaker with 1 cup of crushed ice. Shake. Shave frozen banana into ape mug, using potato peeler or ice shaver, depending on availibility, but it must be fine, not chunks. Pour contents of shaker into ape mug. Garnish with a slice of banana under a marischino cherry on the straw.

Make as many as necessary to fill the mug.

The key to the banana is the shave it so that it stays frozen, yet be palatable, so that you can taste it when the drink hits your tongue.

Post script:
I'm considering a splash of banana liqueur. Just a small amount. Enough to give a hint of banana.

Don't worry, this is my one and only entry folks. Unless I stumble across something else.

[ Edited by: Hale Tiki on 2004-12-24 13:37 ]

CA

remember the Ape Mug has a lid and a long "straw" is to be used....... maybe
a large shake straw would suck this bad boy up just fine........

c'al~ how many ounces does the mug hold so we can come up with something that will fill that bad boy up?

CA

the edition guy holds 16 - 20oz

the production guy holds 10 - 16oz

mix responsibly, don't drink and swing on vines this holiday season!

OK ... I'm on my ass drunk, so this will probably take awhile but here goes:

1.5 oz. Goslings Black Seal Rum
1.5 oz. St. James Martinique Hors d'Age Gold Rum
3/4 oz. Llords or DeKuyper Banana Liquer
1/4 oz. Banana Syrup (Monin is best)
1.5 to 2 oz. fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
1 cup Crushed Ice

Shake all ingredients until shaker frosts; pour into mug and garnish with alternating banana slices and marischino cherries on a "Fez Monkey" swizzle stick.

Swizzles available at http://www.vintagevending.com/products_shop-detail.cfm?PID=1351&CID=177

Cheers!

Try this one on for size.......

ALL EQUAL PARTS (or to taste)

Light Rum

Dark Rum

(from Barbados only!!!)

Galliano (that tall bottle stuff)

Fresh Orange Juice

Fresh Pineapple Juice

Fuck the garnish! (Sam Lord did not do garnishes!!)

Arrrrrrrrrrr!!!

What's the name of this drink??

16oz's and you'll be walking the plank!!!

32oz's and you're shark food!!

WTF? is a mai tai??

How bout, Meyers rum and ??

[ Edited by: revbambooben on 2005-01-05 22:12 ]

HT

Okay, so not many have responded to this, so I'm going to have to come up with a few new concoctures. Here's one Donn Beach style:

Ape Mai Tai
1 Bottle of Jamaican Rum, preferably dark
1 Bunch of Bananas
1 Crazy Al

The AL is to eat the bananas.

Aloha!
Expect more recipies in the next few days.

Okay, so, ever the one to want to mix new drinks, here goes:

MONKEY Mai Tai
3oz Appleton Estate Extra Jamaican Rum
3oz Mount Gay Eclipse Barbados Rum
1oz Banana Liquor
1oz Rock Candy Syrup
1oz Almond Syrup or Orgeat
Juice from one Lime

Pour ingredients into a blender, along with 7 ice cubes and a whole banana.

That should fill either glass pretty well. For the production model, float lime on top of the glass with a touch of 151 and a banana inside the lime, light and serve. Blow out before drinking for your own safety, though not necessary.

For the special edition mug, cut a 1" length of banana, place large straw through banana, sucking out the banana that is stuck in the straw, place in lid. Leave enough of the straw visible to allow consumption. Eat banana afterwards for nutritional value, and tasty goodness.

[ Edited by: Hale Tiki on 2004-12-28 22:13 ]

Here's my entry. I'm tryin' to stick to a mai tai since it's in the name. I'm not clear if this recipe is for the 10oz or 16oz mug, so adjust your ice accordingly.

The Monkey Mai Tai-

Juice from 1/2 lime
1/2 oz Orange Curacao
1/2 oz orgeat syrup
1/2 oz rock candy syrup
1 oz Cruzan Black Strap rum
1/2 oz Bacardi 8 rum
1 oz Cruzan Banana rum
3 oz Banana puree

Shake everything in a shaker with ice and pour it all into your super cool Fez Monkey Mug and enjoy!

I'm not including any garnish since you said their is a lid, but if there's not, then drop in a whole banana and a long parasol pick.

Thanks!

Here's one to knock you on your ass, the Cruzan Monkey Mai Tai:
3oz Cruzan Banana Rum
2oz Cruzan Estate Diamond Rum
2oz Cruzan Estate Dark Rum
1oz Pineapple Juice
1/2oz Orange Curaco
1/2oz Rock Candy Syrup
Juice from Half a lime

This one is meant to be stirred. Stir with banana swizzle, found here http://www.islandmadness.com/swizzles3.html
with several ice cubes. No crushed ice!

H

I've got the album:

I've got the keychain:

I've got the mug:

I've even got a goddamned APE sweater (beat that!):

So I don't need to enter this contest.

You know what I do need, though?

I need my APE jones fixed.

When you boys gonna play your next gig?

Huh?

K

"The Monkey Mai Tai"

or

"Ape's Monkey Maitini"

It's simple enough folks, give 'er a try will ya?

1 oz Appleton Estate Rum
1 oz Cruzan Light Rum
1 1/2 oz Fresh Lemon Juice
1/2 oz "99 Bananas" 99 proof banana schnaps
1/4 oz Peach Brandy
1/4 oz Benedictine
1/2 oz Sugar Syrup
1/4 tsp or say a tiny splash Butterscotch Schnaps

Shake vigorously with a cup of ice and pour all contents into a monkey with a fez mug.

or

Shake with one cup of ice and strain into a chilled large martini glass (if your feelin' like a sophisticated primate).

Garnish with a bamboo skewer of three of those alien green maraschino cherries.

Monkey business ensues!

Ku Ku

HT

The Bacardi Ape Mai Tai

3oz Banana Juice (Goya has it)
2oz Bacardi 8
2oz Bacardi Anejo`
1oz Unfiltered Pineapple Juice
.5oz Rock Candy
.25oz Sweet & Sour
Juice from half a lime

Prepare as you wish, perhaps using shaved ice.

Here is my entry...I make this all the time and it is really yummy, don't even realize that you are f*ck up until it is too late. Lots of alcohol! Mix it in a shaker and pour over ice, it's easy!!!

1 oz Malibu Rum
1 oz Bacardi O
1 oz Blue Curazao
1 oz Peach Schnaps
1 oz Madori
1 oz Bannana Schnaps
2 oz Pineapple Juice
2 oz Sweet n Sour

For some reason I'm so thirsty. Is it too early to start drinking?

[ Edited by: Atomicchick on 2005-01-05 12:35 ]

alooooooha! here is my monkey mai tai entry! it is a variation of a traditional mai tai and is quite good if i do say so myself. i used my favorite mix of rums for a mai tai but any dark jamaican and martinique rums will work as well. here it go:

1 oz mt gay extra old
1 oz cruzan single barrel
1 oz bols creme de banana
1/4 rock candy syrup
1/2 passion fruit syrup
1 oz fresh lime juice

shake with ice and strain into mug filled with crushed or shaved ice.

when not in a lidded mug i would garnish with a sprig of mint and a paper lantern speared to a banana chunk and orange slice on the edge of mug/glass.

when are you guys going to be in nor-cal again.....cleen and i would love to make one of your shows!

[edited by the drunken hat because i forgot the goddamn lime juice yet again]__________________
...liquor in the front, poker in the rear...

[ Edited by: the drunken hat on 2005-01-05 18:45 ]

UB

That one sounds good Scott!
Here's mine:
1 bottle of Sailor Jerry’s rum
1 banana
1 Straw

Peel banana
Place straw in bottle.
And enjoy how beautiful my Ape mug looks up on the shelf, because I know if I take it down and use it, I will be making a new submission into PolynesianPop’s Tiki Mug Misfortunes

CA

Man o'monkey! the chimps are work'n overtime try to make a decision......

submissions will end 10:00 PM pacific time tonight the 5th......

the semi finalist will be announced very soon......stay tuned for more of this banana Bonanza!!!!!!!

N

Alright Al, I have to put in my entry. This follows the T.V. mai tai formula with slight changes:

1.5oz fresh squeezed lime juice
.5oz passion fruit syrup
1oz creme de banana
1oz appleton gold
1oz martinque or trader vics amber rum

Shake with ice and serve in ape mug filled with ice.

HT

Here's my final entry, last minute:

3oz Gold Rum
3oz Dark Jamaican
2oz Coco Lopez
1oz Creme de Banana
Shake with crushed ice, pour into mug.
For larger mug, multiply ingredients by 1.5

Just in from AP news.......

Crazy Al's Radio Party
Rock n' Roll hits from the 50's, 60's, and 70's

Radio personality Crazy Al has propelled http://www.Tikimania.com and their daily oldies web-based radio broadcast to the top of the charts in just one year. Originating from their studios in the affluent Orange County suburb of Huntington Beach, California, Crazy Al’s Radio Party serves up an eclectic and unique blend of quintessential classic oldies rock n’ roll. And what better place to play the hits – Bill Haley and the Comets started it all in Huntington Beach with their infamous Rock Around The Alarm Clock!

The proprietary Spectrum broadcast format is the original work of longtime radio personalities Crazy Al and on-air sidekick Rad Brad. The one-of-a-kind Spectrum is a 50-year rock n’ roll celebration that ingeniously intertwines song titles (uncommon in mainstream broadcasting), artist’s interpersonal relationships and factual commentary detailing how and why the music was made. Adding to the mix is the loveable and laughable bantering between Crazy Al and Rad Brad, who also produces the show. The extraordinary success of the show lies in doing what other broadcasters and corporate radio have failed to do – entertain. Spiked with tiki artist histories and classic oldies trivia the Radio Party has attracted large numbers of dedicated fans and listeners from around the globe in unlikely and far-away countries such as Canada, Japan, Germany and the UK – in addition to their leading American audience.

The union of classic oldies and news integrates smoothly with hourly tiki news reports bringing tiki news to listeners around the world. News content is provided by Tikimania.com‘s renowned market research and extensive breaking industrial news coverage of domestic and global market trends, forecast and capital spending.

The three hour program is recorded LIVE each weekday morning from 8 to 11am (PST) and rebroadcast from 1 to 4pm and 6 to 9pm (PST) daily. For general inquiries or to submit your request or dedication, feel free to email Crazy Al directly at [email protected].

CA

f' you Ben'o

Who won, who won? I sure hope I did :)

HT

Me too. :D

CA

thanks for all the tasty ideas!!!!!!!!
i had a few yummie ones last night... more to come

details will be posted Monday... the judges are sipping away..........

On 2005-01-07 14:50, crazy al wrote:
f' you Ben'o

CLASSIC!!!

CA

too much fun sucking down the monkey mania...

look here tomorrow.....

On 2005-01-10 21:25, crazy al wrote:
too much fun sucking down the monkey mania...
look here tomorrow.....

God dammed dirty ape (taken from “Planet Of The Apes” (Duh!))
Pick Me! :D

Hale Tiki: I love every ape I see,
From chimpan-A to chimpanzee,
No, you'll never make a monkey out of me!

I've crossed my fingers so much I've got a claw.

K

On 2005-01-10 22:40, Hale Tiki wrote:
Hale Tiki: I love every ape I see,
From chimpan-A to chimpanzee,
No, you'll never make a monkey out of me!

I've crossed my fingers so much I've got a claw.

Never make a wish on a monkeys paw.

Ahu

M

I also sell frozen yogurt, which I call frogurt!

K

Hey monkey, you want a peanut?

Ahu

"No more rhyming and I mean it."
"Anybody want a Peanut."

No peanuts, just want to know who won. Please, please, please, please, let it be me! :)

CA

slurp...slurp.... hick'Up

maybe one more.

HT

you're killin us al!

i'm so impatient i had to come up with a new drink to pass the time.

(see other forum for recipe)

This sure has been fun! We've all been hanging on the edge of our chairs waiting to see who Crazy Al will pick AND we all learned some new killer drinks to make.I think we all won on this contest!
Thanks for fun and excitement!
Ok, my husband just came through and read what I wrote and told me I am a shameless suck up.:blush:

CA

the judging has been slow.... must judge responsibly...

ok... so here is the plan o action.........
tomorrow I will post four semi-finalists!
TC'ers can mix upon these semi-finalists till Wed the 19th, and post their favorite of the four.
Then Two finalists will have their recipes tested against each other at an event near you.....ya right....
However there will be a "Monkey Mai Tai Taste Off" here in S.Cal at the brand new 'Lucky Tiki' on Sat. the 22nd of Jan.
4$ Monkey Mai Tais!
there will be 'production' Ape Mugs available as well!!!
look for events post soon.

The winning receipe of this event will determine what the final Monkey Mai Tai is 'based' on, and the winner of a Sold Out Limited Edition Mug!

If you are interested in a 'Monkey Mai Tai Taste Off' near you ... then go for it.... see if your favorite Tiki Bar will host a taste off with the two final receipes.... contact me for details.

see you tomorrow....

RR

On 2005-01-11 23:12, crazy al wrote:
the judging has been slow.... must judge responsibly...

ok... so here is the plan o action.........
tomorrow I will post four semi-finalists!
TC'ers can mix upon these semi-finalists till Wed the 19th, and post their favorite of the four.
Then Two finalists will have their recipes tested against each other at an event near you.....ya right....
However there will be a "Monkey Mai Tai Taste Off" here in S.Cal at the brand new 'Lucky Tiki' on Sat. the 22nd of Jan.
4$ Monkey Mai Tais!
there will be 'production' Ape Mugs available as well!!!
look for events post soon.

The winning receipe of this event will determine what the final Monkey Mai Tai is 'based' on, and the winner of a Sold Out Limited Edition Mug!

If you are interested in a 'Monkey Mai Tai Taste Off' near you ... then go for it.... see if your favorite Tiki Bar will host a taste off with the two final receipes.... contact me for details.

see you tomorrow....

What time?

Pages: 1 41 replies