Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Product test panel . com

Pages: 1 5 replies

Right now there is an ad on Vegas Vic's Tiki Lounge from ProductTestPanel.com that says if you sign up for focus group thingy you will get a free iPod and an XM radio.

I realize you'll probably get a ton of junk mail and spam, but other than that, I can't find any financial penalties.

Does anybody know if this is for real?

S
sinner posted on Wed, Jan 5, 2005 5:37 PM

I havent heard of this outfit but I'll remind you of the old adage: If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Don't forget that I got a free ipod (thanks to Tiki Central members) and that others are waiting to get theirs too ... check out:

Hanford will get you a free iPod

It's legit ... it took 2 months for me to get mine, but it was a brand-new 20gb ipod shipped directly from Apple's manufacturer.

Mahalo,

Hanford

There are real paid focus groups out there. I did one a while back that I think was sponsored by Apple. At least I think so (they don't tell you who it's for). But it seemed a lot about OS X (when it was new) and asked if people would switch from PC to Mac (or vice versa) if the operating systems were more like the other. It was a well paid 2 hours though. Legit companies will tell you exactly how much you will be paid and how long the survey or focus group is.

S

Oh, I almost forgot: http://www.congalines.info

F

Thanks everyone. I know the whole "if it seems to good to be true then it probably is" thing. I was just wondering if anyone had tried this or something similar. I see now that Hanford had done something similar with success. I will check out his link and see what happens.

Thanks again.

Pages: 1 5 replies