Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Oasis V (2005) Attendance List

Pages: 1 2 3 4 179 replies

Hey Tiki Bob,

It will be nice to see you again as well as Girl Friday. It's about time she made it to one of these events. You are already a household name. Oh BTW, I made that John Buzon Trio CD two-fer for you. I will bring it to the Tiki Oasis. You are gonna love it! See ya there!!

Jeff

T

Thanks Jeff!

Did you finally find a place to stay??? We are staying at the "tony" Royal Palms (whatever that is).

What days are you going to be in LA? We need to get together and swank around!

TB

Yeah, My Dad and I are staying at the "Vagabond Inn." It sounds scary but actually looks pretty nice. I arrive in LA on Tuesday May 3rd and will be staying with my Dad. Then we leave on Friday for Palm Springs. I have your cell phone# so I will give you a call when I am in LA. It will be nice to swank around town with ya! Record stores and Tiki bars Yeah!! This is going to be a great event!!

Cheers,
Jeff

Please stop by on your way to checking into the Tiki Oasis V and have a beverage on us!

“THE SNEAKY TIKI” Group art show and tiki merchandise sale on Friday, May 6th through Sunday, May 8th at M Modern Gallery in Palm Springs. Start the Tiki Oasis V with some cool art and merchandise from M Modern Gallery.

Friday, May 6th - We begin May with a group art show and Tiki merchandise SALE entitled “THE SNEAKY TIKI”. This will be a 3 DAY ONLY Tiki exhibition and merchandise SALE that will begin Friday, May 6th and end at the close of business on Sunday, May 8th (Mothers Day). Among the many artists in the show will be SHAG, The Pizz, Joe Vitale, Bosko, Dave Burke and many more. Miles Thompson will have a selection of paintings in the show as well as some of his rare prints too! We will also be releasing an offering of Limited Edition Tiki Farm merchandise from the “It’s All About the Tiki” show from last year! Many of these items are long SOLD OUT, however, we will be discounting them anyway. Check out the amazing prices below and consider pre-ordering prior to the show as quantities are very, very, limited. Once they are gone, you will be out of luck.

Here is a list of confirmed artists with paintings in the show:

Josh (SHAG) Agle
Bryan Andrews
Bamboo Ben
Tim Biskup
Bosko
Andrew Brandou (Howdy Pardner)
Dave Burke
Cherry Carpi
Jacqueline Davies
Crazy Al Evans
Ewik (Eric Rider)
Extremo the Clown
Sam Gambino
James Naccarato
Lynne Naylor
Mitch O’Connell
Pizz
Chris Reccardi
Chris Remmers
Joey Remmers
Rikki Rockett
KRK Ryden
Dale Sizer
Stone
Miles Thompson
Donella Vitale
Joe Vitale
Heather Watts
Marc Willey
Derek Yaniger
& More…

Here are the deals!:

The Pizz – MARTIN MUG – Sold Out from the farm – Retail $ 30 – Sale $ 24
The Pizz – LEWIS MUG – Retail $ 25 – Sale $ 15
The Pizz – 5 pc. Stacker Set – Retail $ 125 – Sale $ 75
The Pizz – Frosted Black Hi-Ball 4-Pack – Retail $ 100 – Sale $ 60
Von Franco – Cockeyed Warrior Mug – Sold Out at the farm - Retail $ 30 – Sale $ 24
Von Franco – Burnin’ Love Tiki Mug – Sold Out at the farm – Retail $ 25 – Sale $ 20
Von Franco – Triple Shot o’Love 6 Pack – Retail $ 100 – Sale $ 60
V.F. – Smokin’ Joe Decanter Set – Sold Out at the farm – Retail $ 125 – Sale $ 100
Von Franco – Artist’s Series Tiki Bowl – Regular $ 70 – Sale $ 45

Sorry, there are no SHAG items left, however, we will have 5 pieces of the SHAG limited Edition Tiki Hot Wheel Sets at a Special price that day too! My wife MiShell told me I had to let these five pieces go as we will soon need another home just for our SHAG collection.

NOTE: Each of these Limited Edition items come with a Certificate of Authenticity.

Also, look for details on an EXCLUSIVE Tiki Mug from MUNKTIKI that will most likely sell out that day! You may want to preorder one of these now or risk missing out. We can’t wait! There will also be many limited edition prints on sale from artists like Dave Burke, Tim Biskup and others not to mention a few previously Sold Out SHAG prints available for purchase that day too! This show is timed with the Tiki Oasis V to be held at the Caliente Tropics here in Palm Springs. Drop in to the gallery on your way to hotel check-in and drink all weekend in chic Tiki style! This show will be free and open to the public.

CA

another year gone....can't wait..
the pics of the SF Crawl made me sad i missed it..... But Oasis will be RRrrrrrrrrrrrr'rific!!!!!!
Since i'll be around, i thought i would post this.....

!!!!Crazy AL's Tikimania !!!!
"Oasis 'V' Presale Store"
Don't want to bring loads of cash to Oasis???
Love your Credit Card???
!!!BUY NOW!!!
WITH CREDIT CARD OR PAYPAL
(Before May 1st - While Supplies Last)
SAVE ON SHIPPING!!
SAVE TAX ON OUT OF STATE SALES!!
SAVE ON LOWER ORANGE CO. CA 7.75% TAX!!
Buy now and pick your order up in Palm Springs!!See Ya There!

CHECK IT OUT!!!
http://www.tikimania.com/docs/oasis_store.html

i'll only be taking credit cards for orders and deposits, so if you want to use plastic and walk with your goodies, then buy now....... thanks

'Tis a shame that the only real pirate here at Tiki Central won't be makin' the voyage to the fair waters of Oasis.... didn't realize I needed to book official passage (buy a day pass) to come aboard for just the day.... if I am readin' this incorrectly please advise but from what Baby Doe says in this here thread back on page 6, no day passes - means no one can come just for the day/night (?) I was not planning to stay over due to time contraints but was going to come maybe Saturday or Friday and hang out and spend me doubloons with the merchant traders... Er, Oh well. That's the way the wind blows.

B

Wanna get in FREE to Tiki Oasis? Do 2 shifts!
Forgot to get a weekend pass to Tiki Oasis? Still wanna come to the event?

Well why don't you volunteer! You ONLY have to do 2 shifts to get in FREE to TIki Oasis.

Wow, not bad for a sold-out event!

Tiki Oasis is a volunteer-run event so a few hours helping out and you can still meet all the Tiki Oasis attendees and join in on the fun!

FRIDAY
NEW SHIFT! STAGE SETUP
12:00 - 4:00p Need two volunteers

DOOR TWO - SIDE GATE
5:15 - 7:30 need one volunteer

SATURDAY
DOOR ONE - MAIN ENTRANCE (2 volunteers per shift)
9:15 - 11:30pm
11:15 - 1:00a

DOOR TWO - SIDE GATE

DOOR THREE - BAR GATE
7:15- 9:30pm

Tiki News Booth:
Seeking people who know the Tiki News product
Saturday 11am –1pm
Saturday 1pm – 3pm
Sunday 11am – 2pm

If interested e-mail Mateo at

B

Tiki Oasis V  is ALMOST here! Below you will find out a few more details on some super surprises we have in store for you. (hummm.. I guess they are not really a surprise if I am telling you!)

SATURDAY NIGHT:
We are excited to announce that Sven Kirsten aka Sventiki will be  presenting "Unseen Images from the Kirsten Archives" a selection of images that have not been published, and show a small preview of material for his upcoming Book of  Witco.

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

SATURDAY NIGHT:
The US Pre-Premiere showing of the dvd  ARMCHAIR TRAVELLING IN THE WORLD OF TIKI!
One guerilla film crew has travelled the Pacific for 101 days to capture both, the true South Sea and its pop culture reinvention. In this short excerpt from ARMCHAIR TRAVELLING IN THE WORLD OF TIKI  you will get insight in the work of veteran and present day tiki artists: Writers, musicians, painters, carvers, illustrators and, of course, bartenders. Meet all the exciting tiki people in detailed interviews - travel to all the magic places in Polynesia and beyond.

ALL WEEKEND:
West Coast debut of Fisherman's new album "Psychic Jungle Malfunction" Hot off the presses, this is the FIRST full-length pressed album by New York's favorite Vibraphonic Trio!   for ordering information, go to http://www.fishermansburlesque.com/ , or contact Tiki Jive Records at [email protected]

BEFORE THE EVENT:
Crazy AL's  "Oasis 'V' Presale Store"
Buy now and pick your order up in Palm Springs!
WITH CREDIT CARD OR PAYPAL
(Before May 1st - While Supplies Last)
Custom Hardwood Tikis, Tiki Chess Set, Custom Painted Mugs.. and more
SAVE ON SHIPPING!! SAVE TAX ON OUT OF STATE SALES!!
SAVE ON LOWER ORANGE CO. CA 7.75% TAX!!

ALL WEEKEND COSTUME CONTESTS:
Friday night best dressed PIRATE costume * Winner gets TWO tickets to Shag with a Twist
Saturday night best dressed SAVAGE costume * Winner gets TWO tickets to Shag with a Twist
Saturday afternoon best dressed KIDS contest *Winner gets prizes from Coconut Kiss and Rockit Baby
Saturday afternoon best dressed DOG/PET contest *Winner gets prize from Palm Springs, Cold Nose Warm Heart

VARIOUS WEEKEND FUN
VooDoo Rum giveaways
Beachbum Berry signing all three of his books
Derek Yaniger signing his art, mugs, and Tiki Art Now! books
King Kukulele leads a PIRATE treasure hunt
Tiki Oasis V t-shirts and posters
Guest bartenders and a FULLY stocked REEF bar!

CELEBRATIONS
May 6 birthday celebration of Nena Von Veithe aka Blue Angel of Babes in Sin
Mr and Mrs Pineapple Wedding Anniversary

STILL WANNA JOIN IN ON THE FUN??

The Tiki Bus DEPARTS San Francisco on Thursday night from the Odeon to Palm Springs  (approx 11 pm arrives PS approx 8 am) DEPARTS back to SF on Sunday early afternoon.  

Quench your thirst for the exotic at...
The Tiki Oasis V!  
May 5, 6, 7, 8th!!
The original Tiki weekender!
Go to http://www.tikinews.com for more info

• this event is sold out UNLESS you ride the bus!

$150 per person includes ticket to Tiki Oasis.
$110 per person JUST the bus to Palm Springs and back to SF.

Yes, there will be live entertainment on the bus trip
Yes, people can take the bus one way and fly the other and just pay half ($55 + $40 for Tiki Oasis ticket = $95)
Yes, people can drink on the bus (no smoking, drugs).
Yes, you can sleep comfortable on the bus (it sleeps at least 40 while moving).
Yes, the bus drivers are qualified, sober and safe.
Yes, you can bring a dog or a child
No, you cannot sleep on the bus over the weekend
No, the bus will not make other pick up stops along the way

The vehicle is always serviced and checked by a licensed mechanic before it goes out on a trip. The coach is 40' long, and in great mechanical shape. It's a former Green Tortoise bus. There is a roof rack for bikes. There is a small potty (peeing only please) for your peeing pleasure. There is personal lights with every seat for reading. There are 2 dinettes for 8 - 10 people to play scrabble or cards or quarters. The coach travels at an average 65 miles per hour (20 mph up steep hills, though). 2 drivers means a safe journey through night.
Questions e-mail [email protected]

payment method is same as for Tiki Oasis tickets
use Paypal payable to [email protected] or mail a check and confirm that you have done so by e-mailing Otto so that he does not oversell the bus and end up returning your money

If you are interested in booking voyage on this bus e-mail Otto attention TIKI BUS at: [email protected]    
++++++++++++++

S

Travelocity is rubbing it in on me! They emailed me today:

"FareWatcherSM Update Cities

Nashville, TN (BNA) New Price: $284.00+
Old Price: $413.00 You save: $129.00
Palm Springs, CA (PSP)"

$284 round trip. Jeez. I wish I had known to be saving up, but I gave up on Oasis a while ago.

Will anyone be bringing a laptop that will have internet access? I need a way to use paypal but I dont own a laptop? I will pay you $5 per transaction if you are willing.

This is assuming that the buyer and seller both have their OWN paypal accounts.

I plan on having my laptop there. Caliente Tropics has dial-up internet access only and I have dial-up access through earthlink, which has a local PS number. I don't know about Vagabond.

TikiCrow and Ms. TikiCrow (aka Suzanne) will be there. We just got in due to the Royal Sun booking snafu - Yea!!!

We are going to try to see SWAT Thursday night on our way down.

My dad and I will be there with our Munktiki vending machine.
Hey,... anybody else been watching the extended weather forecast for Palm springs. Showing now that it might rain that saturday. Wonder what plans are in place if it does?

-stuckie

If it rains theres only one thing to do. Cover the entire lanai with one of these..... Shaded for the sun, covered for the rain. Has anyone mentioned it to otto?

It's more likely you'll have to get under one of these:

nah just get drunk enough you don't notice the liquid sunshine....besides everyone knows it never rains in southern california

I got my shifts on the door on Saturday and Sunday so I will be there.

On 2005-04-29 11:48, suicide_sam wrote:
I got my shifts on the door on Saturday and Sunday so I will be there.

Way to go Sam! We'll see ya there!

ROOM AVAILABLE!!!!! At the Vagabond Inn.....I have an extra room reserved. Let me know if you need it. No tix for the Oasis though.

SoccerTiki and WooHoo Wahine will B there!

I can't wait to see if anyone knows how to Woo Hoo? (I know Soccer Tiki can)

MT

I managed to get two shifts as well. So I'll be there! And I'll be wearing this:

M

SWEET FEZ!!!!!

MT

Thanks, Monkeyman! I was sweating it out that it wouldn't arrive on time, like the smoking jacket I ordered for the Bay Area Tiki Crawl (which didn't arrive until the Monday after the crawl!) But this one made it! Whew!!!

Hey, that was my 100th post!

B

We are driving to Palm Springs tomorrow!

I want to send a special thanks to Otto von Stroheim of the Tiki News for making our Tiki Oasis dreams a reality!

Ok maybe it is weird to send a public e-mail about your husband BUT I do want to tell everyone how proud I am of my man. The amount of HOURS that this one guy has put into this show is tremendous. He works a full time job, get home late and works on Tiki Oasis til the wee hours all for OUR fun and enjoyment at Tiki Oasis! Just weeks before the event the hotel changed management and Otto then had to deal with the 3 hotels separately as well as a new bar manager. He didn’t complain (ok, not that much) and he just dove right in and made sure the event would be a success for all the attendees. He was also in full production on the next Tiki News and had to put that on hold for the event which was a disappointment (so don’t give him too hard of a time for not having an issue).

Anyway, the Tiki Oasis V will be the best EVER due to this man’s passion for making these things happen. Please kiss Otto (even the girls) OR hug him OR just give him a high-5 for all his energy and enthusiasm for the Tiki Oasis.

XOXO Baby Doe

M

Baby Doe, we truly do appreciate all of his and your hard work. It really is amazing how this event has grown and keeps most of us coming back over and over again.

Congratulations on the pending eve of Oasis 2005.

Cool fez Mai Tai.

MAHALO NUI LOA OTTO!!!

Late to post, yes. Late to Oasis? No Way! Weird Unc will be there! I'm giving a lift to The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa and the fellows in The Maikai Gents. WOWEEE!

-Weird Unc

T

Better late than never? Add Tiki Crow & Suzanne

P

[ Edited by: PiPhiRho on 2005-05-04 19:36 ]

P

[ Edited by: PiPhiRho on 2005-05-04 19:36 ]

I'm so anxious I can't stand it!! Considering how they treated Casey, at the
end of the festivities we should all pee in the pool!

C

Have a great time at Tiki Oasis V! I hope to see you all there!

Casey, I'm sure everyone would love to see you if you can make it!

[ Edited by: coconutgirls on 2005-05-30 15:02 ]

D

I bet his wife knows where he is, maybe you can ask her :D

Pages: 1 2 3 4 179 replies