Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

help name a tiki bar in snow country

Pages: 1 30 replies

So I know that Tiki and snow don't really go hand in hand, but the other night friends and I were hanging out with some libations and started talking about tiki and bars and "stuff" and we thought what if there were a tiki bar in snow country? We were snowboarding that day si thats part of the story too! Anyway some of the names we came up with were - "Snow Tiki", White Tiki, Rad Tiki, Cold Tiki - I know lame but I figured I'd throw it out at you guys and see what comes out of the TC area. So let em rip - and just so you know there are some tiki images on skis form Dynastar and a couple custom snowboards that have tikis on em too! So its not that too far fetched - plus many people who play the snow like to have fun and consume alcholic beverages!

Voodoo Rum has a snowboard with Tikis on it

http://www.redrum.com/merchandise.php

What about Rum Dogs? After the St. Brrrnards.

Tiki Yeti?

Tiki is about escape. Where else is escape more appealing than in the middle of a cold snowy winter. A tiki bar in a snow town would be totally appropriate.

Good luck with your name search. Remember, it doesn't necessarily need to have the word tiki in it to be effective.

S

You can make some killer tikis out of snow.
I used to have a place up in N.Idaho and I would build big snow Tikis to stand guard at the top of the driveway.

Tiki-a-Snow-go ? BaliFreeze ?

King Komoninouttadacold

Ice Station Tiki

The Snoai
With a huge snow-moai as a mascot

sno bali-hi ni

The Frozen Islander.

Don The Tundracomber

N

How about the Frosted Tiki. The logo could have a tiki-snowman hybrid. I wouldn't know how to do that but I'm sure somebody would.

I

A few names ...

• Iced Tiki (reminds me of iced tea)

• Snow Island Iced Tiki (variation of the Long Island drink)

• The Island of Misfit Tikis

• The Frozen Volcano.

• The Cold, Cold, Coconut Room

• Rudolph's Rum Hut

• Frosty's Rumming Here and There Room

Vern

The Abominable Tiki Room

or

The Manua Kea Room

Mauna Kea or White Mountain, from its undersea base of -19,000 feet to the wind-swept peaks of 13,796 feet, is the world's highest mountain and offers some of the world's highest skiing.

Ice Volcanos

They are a natural occurance here on the Great Lakes in winter... sort of like a blowhole on the ocean... water spouts up through a hole in the shoreice and creates a volcano

Would you really want a snow theme in the name? How many months of the year is there snow where you will build the bar/restaurant? Is is always snowing or simply cold?

It's 10 degrees outside the Kahiki Moon here in lovely Burlington, Vermont. I am only 45 minutes away from Stowe, VT the areas premier resort. I find that people like to escape the elements not be reminded of them.

Good Luck!

Tiki Jungle!!!

Mount Tiki!

I think when its freezing outside, the presence of tiki, a warm, blazing fireplace, bamboo & Hawaiian tunes would be particularly in order.

Not fully considering making a "Tiki Bar" for operation $$$ - more thinking of names if I made home version...... However Its fun to think about a possible name of place taking in money for fun at a tiki type bar. The snow where I am thinking in VT is seasonal, so it would also be hoppin for summertime action too! - If it were to happen $$$? - Kahiki Moon - wanna buy a place in Southern VT by a Creek and a couple ski places - including Stratton? Maybe "creeky tiki". Its already got a deck - there is a restaurant for sale it used be called Mitirianis - very seasonal though not like B-town.

J

How about "Ski Tiki"?

S

I've written elsewhere here on Tiki central about going into the Kahiki in Columbus Ohio on a cold January night, enjoying the immersive tropics (and NO windows!) then coming out to our freshly snow covered car and driving home in the snowstorm- some of my best Tiki memories ever, by the way!

Rather than incorporating 'Snow' or 'cold' into the name, think of what you want to do when you're somewhere cold and snowy. "Kahiki" meant 'sail away to Tahiti' and that's exactly what those warm tropical hours were in Freezing January.

You just need lots of Fire, lots of tropical plants, tropical fish, and a name that implies absolute escapism. The contrast is what makes the illusion that much the stronger.

Names already taken in one form or another:

"Baked Alaska"

"White Zombie"

"Hawaiian Ice"

...or maybe:

"Moai Balls" like Snow Balls (Beavis laugh here). Did someone already list this?

"Big Pine-Apple" Like "The Big Apple"!

My brother helped to create this work of art, it has to be the coldest tiki and the Southernmost tiki in the world. Here it is:

It is exactly what it appears to be, a huge several ton ice moai head, located only a few feet from the geographic South pole.

[ Edited by: captnkirk on 2005-01-22 22:01 ]

parrotice tiki bar

T

On 2005-01-22 21:58, captnkirk wrote:
My brother helped to create this work of art, it has to be the coldest tiki and the Southernmost tiki in the world. Here it is:

It is exactly what it appears to be, a huge several ton ice moai head, located only a few feet from the geographic South pole.

[ Edited by: captnkirk on 2005-01-22 22:01 ]

Greatest. Moai. Ever! Nice work. And I like "Hawaiian Ice" as a name.

TT

I love "Frozen Volcano" the best. I agree with the aspect of walking out of a great Tiki bar into the world of snow, lots of snow. Seems to make the trip to the bar that much better. Luckily, I have a nice Tiki Bar within two miles of my house and there is lots of snow on the ground.

How about Trader Inuvik's
(Inuvik is a town 200 miles north of the Arctic Circle)

Being a Geography major, I definitely have to say that this is one of the coolest tikis ever.

Part of me wishes that the picture was flipped upside down - then one could get a better sense of it sitting there at the 'bottom of the earth.' If a fly can stick upside-down to a ceiling, then surely a Moai can stick upside-down to the earth.

Vern

Frozen Kahuna's. Sort of a turn on Cajones, you know those bits you don't want frozen.

TG

How about the...
Nor'easter Bamboo Bar

Pages: 1 30 replies