Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Official Announcement of Hukilau 2005

Pages: 1 10 replies

I am excited to announce plans for Hukilau 2005 and underway! The dates for Hukilau 2005 are Oct 6 - 8. We will once again honor the Mai Kai as previously stated in the Chicago/Ft. Lauderdale thread. We are still in the planning stages for the event so if you are not signed up for news please visit http://www.thehukilau.com and sign up today. As soon as the site is updated and things are a go we will send out a news mail and post here!

I am also thrilled to announce that James Teitelbaum will be assisting me this year in light of Swanky's resignation. Welcome James!

I will update as soon as things progress but mark your calendars!

Yee-Haw & Aloha,

The World of Tiki Kiliki

[ Edited by: tiki_kiliki on 2005-01-12 15:12 ]

T

Hey everybody.

Just wanted to say that that I hope I can live up to the legacy that Christie and Tim have established for past Hukilau events.

We are already working on a truly exciting array of talent to perform for you all.

Christie and I have been throwing ideas around for the past month or so, and I think we have some really great surprises cooked up already, even though the event is still nine months away!

Wish I could tell you about it all right now, but I don't want to jinx anything that isn't a done-deal... so watch this space as well as http://www.thehukilau.com .

See you all there!

[ Edited by: tikibars on 2005-01-12 15:24 ]

M

On 2005-01-12 15:11, tiki_kiliki wrote:
I am excited to announce plans for Hukilau 2005 and underway! The dates for Hukilau 2005 are Oct 6 - 8. We will once again honor the Mai Kai as previously stated in the Chicago/Ft. Lauderdale thread. mark your calendars!

Yee-Haw & Aloha,
Tiki Kiliki

Oh, great!! Just plan Hukilau on some major Holidays why don't you?!?! October 6 is German-American Day, October 7 is United Nations Childrens Day AND East German Republic Day, and October 8 is the anniversary of The Great Chicago Fire! (Good thing Hukilau is not being held there)
As an under age East German who belongs to the UN and has ties to Chicago I regret to inform you all that I will not be able to attend!! tee hee :)

excellent james and christie!!! many mahalos for your efforts!

don't worry mrsmiley, we can bring a piece of "die mauer" to hukilau to keep you feeling at home. howzabout a "mauer moai..."

Sounds like the party remains in very capabale hands. Thanks for stepping up for this James, and please let your Florida cousins know if you need any help.
KG

M

On 2005-01-13 06:53, Johnny Dollar wrote:
excellent james and christie!!! many mahalos for your efforts!

don't worry mrsmiley, we can bring a piece of "die mauer" to hukilau to keep you feeling at home. howzabout a "mauer moai..."

ZAZZ!

B

Well I am SO Glad it is going to be here in SoFlo again. I will be there again and hopefully this time for the whole gig. Looking forward to meeting you all again and playing a bit this time.
HappyHappyHappy

Congrats James! It will be fun watching you pull a tiki outta yer hat. Heh heh.

I really, really can't wait and I am NOT drinking any weird dangerous drinks this year. Nope. No way. Well, not on an empty stomach anyway.

:) tikivixen

On 2005-01-13 09:02, Kailuageoff wrote:
Sounds like the party remains in very capabale hands. Thanks for stepping up for this James, and please let your Florida cousins know if you need any help.
KG

Very capable hands indeed. James is handling all entertainment booking and sound so if you guys have any ideas just send them his way!

If anyone has questions regarding vendors, artists, volunteering, general info please do not hesitate to email me directly.

Yay! I am so excited that its here again! :) WhooHOOOO!!!!!!!! I never get sick of The Mai Kai. Just ask the people who work there... though I am willing to bet that they are getting sick of me. LOL!

I will email you soon! :)

Lenore

Lenoore,

Can't wait to meet you too and have many nights at the Mai Kai in the future.

Take care and I'll be in touch very soon!

Pages: 1 10 replies