Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Unsweetened Pineapple Juice vs. ?

Pages: 1 2 replies

I see MANY recipes calling for unsweetened pineapple juice and a few that will just say pineapple juice.

I would assume that Dole canned pineapple juice is also unsweetened pineapple juice as it only contains pineapple juice and ascorbic acid (vitamin c), correct?

And IS there a company that would ADD sugar to pineapple juice?!

Thanks to all who clear this one up for me.

Yes!

That's the short answer. Most organic juices and Dole pineapple in a can is unsweetened 100% juice. However, if I'm not mistaken, Goya is 10% juice. Just the pineapple. I can't think. I know there's some reason I never buy the Goya pineapple. Also, there are pineapple juice mixes, concentrates, etc. I've also seen pineapple juice, filtered. Where there was no pulp. Unfiltered is basically saying, "as pure as you can get itt." Without being able to make the juice yourself.

Post script later in the day:
I had just woke up when I posted this, so, the information isn't necessarily correct. Aloha!

[ Edited by: Hale Tiki on 2005-01-14 12:52 ]

On 2005-01-14 11:10, Hale Tiki wrote:
Post script later in the day:
I had just woke up when I posted this, so, the information isn't necessarily correct. Aloha!

Hale Tiki, you crack me up! Anything I say in the first 4 hours of my day is subject to being backwards, half right, or a Mad Lib memorized from grade school!

I've seen pineapple juice that has corn syrup added, (yikes!) I presume to enhance the texture, or shelf life. I can't remember the brand, but it would make your teeth jump out, it's so sweet.

Pages: 1 2 replies