Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Grand Membership One year Anniversary

Pages: 1 16 replies

Aloha,

Today is the one year anniversary of the Tiki Central Grand Membership program. With over 250 Grand Members, I must say it is a smashing success – way beyond my wildest expectations. While I’ve always loved running Tiki Central, having the Grand Membership program pay for beyond it’s expenses makes it easy for me to justify spending time adding features and improvements.

When I launched the Grand Membership program I was not sure how many people would take me up on the offer, so I did very little in the way of automating it, so every time someone got a Grand Membership, I would have to manually adjust the user account, add them to the GCFoM, and add their name into the Registry. And often times I’d miss a step or two.

At this point I’m finishing up the automation of Grand Memberships. Until this is complete, all expiration of Grand Memberships will be on hold. I hope to have the code finished this week, and have some leeway in the term of expiration for charter members so that everyone who’d like to continue their Grand Membership will have ample warning before it expires.

Thanks to everyone for caring so much about Tiki Central!

Mahalo,

Hanford

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2005-01-14 16:06 ]

What? Out of 2760 registered users, only 250 have signed up for Grand Membership? Hanford must put a huge amount of time, effort, and expertise into keeping this thing going. I check in every day, and I always find something interesting or amusing to read. $24.00 per year is a very small price to pay for what we get.

Come on you deadbeat cheapskates, time to pony up!

DZ

I am equally surprised at the number of folks that have become Grand Members that I don't ever recall seeing make a post! To actually put forth some hard earned $$ for a forum that you just 'lurk' in or post to very infrequently - now THAT is saying something!

I'm ready to renew when you are, Hanford!!

B

I don't know when my year is coming up, butTC has been a big part of my life since I joined iI have been a member over a year and I use it every day. All you other TCr'swho aren't grand members ought to think about it and join the ranks. I'm prowd to help sponsor a retreat such as this and you will be too.

This past year has been a blast. I'm ready to re-enlist.

I dunno...I hardly ever use TC...and I feel like I am not getting enough FEEDBACK!
(snicker)

No really, which author can revel in the luxury to see and feel the effects of his work so directly, it is sooo rewarding!
Thanks to you Hanford, and to all the TCers, grand members or not.

Without you, I might have moved on to CONQUISTADOR decor with my research long ago!

I’ve said it before, it’s amazing how powerful a simple website can be, to where I even alter my vacation plans to hang out with the people that are a part of this really cool medium, TIKI.
Once again Hanford, we love ya!
Oh and, Thank you! Thank You! Thank you! Thank You! Thank you! Thank You! Thank you! Thank You! Thank you! Thank You! Thank you! Thank You! Thank you! Thank You! Thank you! Thank You! Thank you! Thank You! Thank you! Thank You! Thank you! Thank You! Thank you! Thank You! Thank you! Thank You! Thank you! Thank You! Thank you! Thank You! Thank you! Thank You! And Thank You!
(What a kiss ass, Unga)

B

Oh, yes, Big thanks to Hanford for keeping BigBroTiki around. Sven, your being here has helped make TC what it is today. I mean, Where else can you interact with a fanous author on a daily, friendly basis? Nowhere but our own TikiCentral.
HappyHappyHappy

M

Thanks Hanford. I'm ready to re-enlist anytime as well.

hey hanford,
I love this site - it's the only one I check on a near daily basis (aside from my email). I learned so much in the first couple of days after finding this site, that it just seemed like common sense to join the grand membership and pitch in to help keep the site up and running.
I'm ready to sign up again too!

[newbie]me too!!![/newbie]

:drink: :drink: :drink:

T

I'm not on here very often - but I'd like to check out that Shout feature one of these days....

I'll sign up again for sure!

On 2005-01-14 21:30, bigbrotiki wrote:
Without you, I might have moved on to CONQUISTADOR decor with my research long ago!

I had an uncle that had what we called "Ador Decor". He had conquistador and matador images everywhere. Matador painted on a velvet bedspread. His saving grace was that he had converted the entire lower floor to a tiki bar.

I am still in awe that so many artisically talented, endlessly interesting, incredibly funny people are on TC. I always learn new things, or get a great laugh here. Where else can you learn about tiki carving, lampreys, exotica, and get expert rum opinions in one place? This site is priceless! I am more than happy to help support it, worth every penny.

Thanks again Hanford! let me know when I'm due for a "renewal." :D

B

Any chance we can pay for more than one year when we renew?

Grandma and grandpa gave me money this year and i want to put it to good use.

Yeah, there's people who owe their livelihoods to Tiki Central.

I've certainly met a whole bunch of great people that I'd never have known if it wasn't for TC. $24 is incredible value considering what I get out of it.

Trader Woody

T

I thought that I would be the first non-Grand member to post here. Actually nothing that I have posted has been replied to. Oh well, I do mostly like to read the posts anyway. Things would be 100 percent better if I could figure out how to post a picture however. Shag prints are nice but how about a mug to sell. If would be nice to have a new item each year up for grabs.

Pages: 1 16 replies