Name:Tiki Party
Type:store
Street:444 Foothill Blvd.
City:La Canada
State:CA
Zip:91011
Phone:(818) 949-0033

Description:
I finally stopped by this place yesterday - it was about what I suspected... A all too-common "Sun & Surf - yet kinda retro" shop on Foothill Blvd. It's too bad - with a name like "Tiki Party" they could have been great - and with a selection of vintage & retro items (like 8 Ball in Burbank) it could have been something. However, would this store make it with a real retro theme in family-oriented La Crescenta? Probably not... Still - in a store named Tiki Party, one would expect to find more than 2 or 3 lonely, small tikis... Did I mention they were closed on a Sunday? I'm not sure this place will stay open very long.

Not really worth a visit.

[ Edited by: Tangaroa on 2005-01-17 14:43 ]

Think of it this way. The more cheesy vintage places that are tiki themed and go into business, the more Tiki Farm bars are sold, and so, Tiki Farm gets business, and there's always the chance of the bars being sold aftermarket, which allows tiki philes that want one, but don't have the cash to pay for the bar, to perhaps get one. SOooooo, everyone benefits! :D

T

I didn't know that was a Tiki Farm bar! Well - anything that supports them is a good thing.....

HT

I think it's an official Tiki Farm bar. The first place I ever saw one a few years ago was on Tiki Farm. It's what I lusted for before I built my own bar.

Pages: 1 3 replies