Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Seen at Big Lots

Pages: 1 20 replies

Unbeknownst to many scholars and anthropologists, in addition to the Long-Ears and Short-Ears, there was also a third group on Rapa Nui...the No-Ears.

S

Those are kinda creepy.

The missing link to prove that Moais WERE made by aliens.

P

Jay Leno.

John Kerry.

kung fu.

B

Hear no Evil but see it all

Oh thats just not right.

I look at those things, and instead of wanting a tiki drink, I want a chastity belt to protect me from an anal probe.

[ Edited by: kipepeo on 2005-01-31 06:33 ]

T

OK - so Big Lots used to be known as 'Pic N' Save' - and in the 1970s, they had a funny little mascot - kind of a nebbish cartoony guy, looked a litle like the 'Oaf' from the Hawaiian Punch commercials - but with no pants & a doller sign growing out of his head... I've been looking for a pic of this guy for years... Can anyone help me out?

T

You can Pic' N Save, and You can Pick your Nose, but you can't pick your friends nose!

P
Philot posted on Mon, Feb 7, 2005 7:27 AM

Big Lots used to be Pic N Save?!!!!!

That's where we used to buy cheap crap when I was in college!

More (or less) relevant, Pic N Save carried the exclusive Steve Spurrier line of collegiatewear when he was coach at Florida. One for the WTF file.

T

Looks like the ancestors of Christopher Walken!

S

Speaking of probes, that elephant in the lower right looks like he's about to get an unwelcome visit from a star cruiser or something.

J

Big Lots in Florida used to be McFrugals (Fine purveyors of cheap, scottish bric-a-brac).

Speaking of probes, that elephant in the lower right looks like he's about to get an unwelcome visit from a star cruiser or something.

Tee Hee!

UJ

"MR TIKI HEAD ~ HE'S A PARTY ANIMAL!"

yeah he looks like it.

I think we should establish a thread called

"Retro shTiki- the most mislead attempts of jumping on the Tiki train".

for any modern Tiki portrayals that are so bad it's funny. There is more and more of that out there. I have a shirt that is supposed to portray my beloved City of Refuge, but the Tikis look like children's cartoons of Seminole Indians, it was sooo bad I had to get it.

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki on 2005-02-08 15:42 ]

TD

BUT,you got it ,didn't you? TD

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki on 2005-02-08 20:11 ]

KK

bigbro, I recommend the Moai Newburg- it's so bad...well it's just plain bad.

Pages: 1 20 replies