Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Don't let this happen to your tiki bottle!

Pages: 1 20 replies

8T

When I bought this last year I used to have a bottle full of RED strawberry daiquiri mix in this T. J. Maxx bottle. But after a few days exposure to sunlight it now appears that I have a 800ml tiki urine sample. Now I know why this bastard is suffering! Makes me wonder what color my urine would be if I drank this stuff in its altered state. Anyone else have a similar experience? Please no details of visits to your urologist.

I have mine standing in front of a bright lightbulb, and it used to glow vividly red, but now is leaning towards orange. Thanks for warning me what I can look forward to: Urine glow light.

Happened to me too. If you shake it up a bit, the red comes back a bit. Not to the original color, but less Pee looking.

Oh that's pretty gross, I say dump it and fill it with something less toxic..maybe cornflakes in oil? Or perhaps beans? :wink:

Or maybe turn it into a lamp! (like that really nice painted black one, or how about a lava lamp?)

On 2005-02-02 11:07, Tikiwahine wrote:
Oh that's pretty gross, I say dump it and fill it with something less toxic..maybe cornflakes in oil? Or perhaps beans? :wink:

Or maybe turn it into a lamp! (like that really nice painted black one, or how about a lava lamp?)

I don't think I have I posted these links for DIY Lava Lamps before:

http://www.oozinggoo.com/howto.html
http://chemistry.about.com/cs/howtos/ht/lavalampreal.htm
http://www.erowid.org/archive/hyperreal/drugs/misc/lava.lamp.plans
http://210.243.112.240/ms/webdes/lavalamp/diy.htm

just don't boil the lava lamp in your trailer. that's askin' for it.

B

Or maybe turn it into a lamp! (like that really nice painted black one...

Why thank you Hine.......[wink]

[ Edited by: badmojo on 2005-02-02 19:03 ]

UJ

Hey Mojo!
How's about a link for the new kids and for us forgetful drunks... er...um.

T
teaKEY posted on Wed, Feb 2, 2005 8:35 PM

You actually painted that. It looks like the mug. What is that paint if that is paint?? it has texture

B
T
teaKEY posted on Thu, Feb 3, 2005 7:11 AM

ok, fleckstone then the black paint over. Wow you are smart, never would have thought that and I think a lot.

On 2005-02-02 19:02, badmojo wrote:

Why thank you Hine.......[wink]

Well, I've always loved that lamp you made blush

Reviewing the original thread has made me decide to get off my arse and make one for myself! It really is Polypoptastic.

Not to detract from that idea of painting the bottle opaque, but what I like about those drink mix bottles is that they are translucent. I love clear vintage resin objects, and very few were done in Tiki shape. I have a clear resin Marquesan statue I bought in Papeete that glows against my window, and years ago, at the first Chicago Tiki show (way before EXOTICA) some girl was making and selling resin Tiki amulets of which I got two, they are very nice too.

It would be nice to be able to fill them with something that would stay it's original colour. I really liked the translucent blue, and red would be nice too.

It reminds me of the goblets my Grandmother used to keep by the window in her kitchen...they were filled with collected beach glass that glowed when the sun hit them. Kind of nautical in itself.

HT

Anyone have one of these they want to trade for 2 moai heads? I bought like 4 of them.

J

8FT:

I have the same bottle, but mine are blue and yellow. They were drink mixes I bought from Marshalls a year or so ago. (Pictured below - same as the ones posted on the http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=7790&forum=5 thread). I've kept mine displayed on my bar which is on my patio (so it gets plenty of light) and they have not changed color.

Its funny that Tikiwahine suggested putting beans in your bottle. I remember that when I bought my two bottles from Marshalls, there were several others that did not contain drink mixes, but which actually did contain beans soaked in oil.

[ Edited by: joefla70 on 2005-02-03 20:52 ]

DZ

Mine has been sittin' on my bar for almost a year now, and the delightful DARK RED KIDNEY BEAN INFUSED OIL hasn't changed a bit. It looks as "fresh" as it did the day I brought it home.

I haven't had the opportunity/need to crack it open yet - I'm still waiting for Al & Shelley to come over so I can make their favorite drink:

On 2004-02-20 23:21, Alnshely wrote:

The Dark Red Kidney Bean Infused Oil Daiquiri

1 oz Dark Red Kidney Bean Infused Oil
1 oz Neats Foot Oil
1 Oz Herbs of Fish or Tumeric
Juice of one Kumquat
Wisk vigorously with Fine Ice and Woolite.
Strain into Cordial Glass
Garnish with Pickled Egg and Cocktail Onions.
Shelley loves 'em!!!!!

switched at birth?

On 2005-02-03 20:51, joefla70 wrote:
8FT:
Its funny that Tikiwahine suggested putting beans in your bottle. I remember that when I bought my two bottles from Marshalls, there were several others that did not contain drink mixes, but which actually did contain beans soaked in oil.

Heh, sorry about that, I was being sarcastic beacuse I knew that some did come with beans and oil, hence the wink at the end.

Naughty wahine.

On 2005-02-04 11:20, Tikiwahine wrote:
Naughty wahine.

we prefer the naughty wahines :wink:

8ft --
I checked my red bottle and it hasn't faded just yet but I did notice some tuft-like, cotton ball looking stuff floating around inside.

My plan all along was to drain them all and put pour spouts on them for use in my future home bar, but now I don't even want to open the bottle.

Eccchhhh.....

Pages: 1 20 replies