Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Want to feel good now? Ask me how!

Pages: 1 5 replies

Install a new garbage disposal.

You see, I'd had this elephant of a problem living under my kitchen sink for the last 2 weeks - a leaking garbage disposal!

Yeah, I knew it was there, with its drip, drip, drip. But I'm cool with it, I can deal with that. I'll just mop up the water every day or so...

But as Freud said "damn Bong, you're one anal homie."

So this moring, in a panic-attack frenzie, and without knowing anything about a) garbage disposal repair, b) plumbing, c)electricity, or d) women's issues in Sarabakto, I as carefully as a bomb-defuser with Parkenson's, de-installed the old garbage disposal!

OK, I'm the man now! I go down to Home Depot and buy an exact replacement, install it with the help of the idiOt proof directions,... and I am feeling LARGE now! Design the next World Trade Center, I'm your man!

All day, whenever I'd get down or just need a quick adrenaline fix, I'd go and peer underneith my kitchen sink. There it was - the Power Grinder GXL2000. It's chrome and deck steel. Ready to grind baby.

And I - TIKI BONG 2000 - installed it.

Anyway, any moron could replace one of these, but the feeling of accomplishment is so great, that I STRONGLY suggest you all go and replace your garbage disposals immediatly (whether they need it or not).

thats kinda like the same sort of feeling I got (well maybe not but it was pretty close anyway) when I replaced a cracked toilet seat in my bathroom...except I put the adhesive gaskets on wrong side up.

Tell me ... is your wife having any problems that I might attend to?

I've installed an entire kitchen, so I feel more than qualified ....

(p.s. -- Ernest Hemingway says a man is not a man until he's had a son, but I say this in not correct; a man is not a man until he's installed a sink.)

I did that in my kitchen too.
Guess I'm a manly man.

On 2005-02-12 19:58, Tiki_Bong wrote:
... any moron could replace one of these, but the feeling of accomplishment is so great, that I STRONGLY suggest you all go and replace your garbage disposals immediatly (whether they need it or not).

I was feeling a bit down so I thought I'd try out Tiki_Bong's advice.

Nevertheless, I guess I am not a moron since my garbage disposal replacement project was not a success. Either that or I'm not just "any moron".

Thank you Tiki_Bong...

M

I changed mine about 6 months ago and got a similar feeling.
To this day I sometimes head to the kitchen and flip the switch just to hear the soft purr of electric destruction patiently waiting beneath my sink.

Pages: 1 5 replies