Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Where can I buy Realistic looking Fake Bones?

Pages: 1 11 replies

I've got a project in mind that will have a head hunter theme to it but I want to decorate it with realisticly shaded bones (like a short femur shaped one, maybe 8"-10" long)

Does anyone know where something like that could be purchased? I have already found medical/skeleton manufacturers but they are making human bones and they are really expensive.

Something more Amusement Park or Craft like....

Anyone, anyone?

Try the Bone Room in Berkeley -- they have lots of different animal bones, and they do mail order.

http://www.boneroom.com/

How big a bone you need? Design Toscano has these:

They're over 3 1/2 feet long, but they're 200 bucks a pop!

Archie McPhee has a 3 1/2" x 2 1/2" Monkey skull for only $7:

Try resin novelty makers & sellers, someone'll have something realistically femur-like.

smaller.

8"-10" long.

I might just try and carve them.

RR

On 2005-02-14 14:57, Monkeyman wrote:
I've got a project in mind that will have a head hunter theme to it but I want to decorate it with realisticly shaded bones (like a short femur shaped one, maybe 8"-10" long)

Does anyone know where something like that could be purchased? I have already found medical/skeleton manufacturers but they are making human bones and they are really expensive.

Something more Amusement Park or Craft like....

Anyone, anyone?

Try http://anatomical.com/default.asp
Go to the halloween section. You can buy bags of bones there.

Your options probably the medical and science supplies, and they are usually expensive. it may be easier to make what you are looking for, and that way you would be able to pour up as many as you want. Some clay, armature wire, a little wood base for the sculpture. mold it in moldmaking silicone with a plaster jacket. pour it up in a hobby resin, or silwhite from an effects supply house. It will take you a little more time than ordering one, but then you will be able to pour up many for the price of a couple at a med supply

Definately bucky's boneyard at the anatomical link above.They supply a lot of halloween haunts their bones and are really very reasonable.

I just walk over to the pasture and get cow bones. After they've been bleached (for health purposes) I do my magic.

I got a bag of bones from this place for a Halloween party this past year, and I was very pleased with them. They are full size and very realistic, which makes me believe that they are science model rejects. They also have a pretty cool shrunken head on there!

• Kahiki Johnny

http://store.frankensteinlabs.com/yhst-85120160741914/bagofbones.html

B

I was going to suggest that you carve them yourself as I Know you have the ability. It may be a hassel tho. Just clean a chicken leg bone and use it for the pattern

T

My artist daughter makes ceramic bones from a cast of a real human femur bone. She says that she can make them in any length and color.
Her email address is [email protected]

tikiboy

Excellent. When the time comes to move forward with my project, I will email your daughter.

Thanks

Pages: 1 11 replies