Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Benzarts Surgery went fine

Pages: 1 40 replies

B

Today I had Minor surgery to correct a "Trigger Finger" ailment that has kept me grounded for awhile. I'v had it done previously to both Middle fingers (no comment) and it has been a quick and easy recovery. I was in and out of the outpatient surgery center within 2 hours which is really fast. Only about 30 mins in OR.
Typing isn't bad since I hunt and peck, but the mouse isn't easy as the cut was made at the base of the ring finger on the palm side and the doc seems to think I'm playing Baseball or something else that needs 6 inches of padding.
Anyway, I'm good. Thanks for all your inquiries

Wonderful! I know this is hard, but... quit typing for a little while... DR's ORDERS! Save it for the carving!

Aaron

Glad to hear it all went well. Here's to a speedy recovery. I can't wait to see what's next on your carving block.

Thats good news , hope the recovery is fast. Just take care of yourself first and foremost.

O

Hey Ben..glad it's all ok..you will be back at it soon I'm sure.. tell us a little about that cruise!!

D

ben! glad you're fixed (so to speak!) ~ here's to a speedy recovery :drink:

elicia

ps: yeah, what they said about typing ... gotta save your fingers for carving too!

all the best for a speedy finger healin'!

Ben-
I am glad that your surgury went well!! Like all the others said already I hope you have a speedy recovery and I can't wait to see what Works of Art will come out of you next!!!
Later,
Spermy

M

Speedy recovery lad. Glad all went well sir.

Can`t wait to see future Benzart #s

Mahalo

McTiki

Hey Benze,
Glad it went well. Take care of that magic hand and allow it to heal.
TT

Good healing vibes to you, Benzo!

Yahoo, the woodchips are gonna be flyin' now! I want a lifesized reproduction of Queequeg, please!
Ben, I am glad to hear that the person who carved around on you was equal to your carving talents!

All the speedy recovery vibes heading your way from down under.

cheers
BoB

Way to go Benzy! Get that finger fixed. I don't want to imagine TC without you. I gotta show you my surgery I had done in W. Palm beach, you'll love it!!
http://www.e-hand.com/img/14496.htm

B

Yeah that looks like it might have hurt a bit. Glad its all better.
BigBro, do you have a Pic of Queequeg? if so, Ill make you one.
PJ, Those vibes are strong, I'l be carving it a week.
Bobby Peru. I need all the help I can get and From down under even, that is the Most powerful of all.
Tikitanked McTiki, Spearmy, thanks for the comps and hope and adoration?
Aarons yes son, I'll behave and follow the doc's orders...(for awhile anyway).
Raffertiki and rodeotiki, I love being the bearer of good news and yes it went well. Be back in no time. Get those chisels ready, we're gonna do some carving.
Onatiki, Be back before you know it. Cruise, what cruise. Oh that 4 day 3 niter to the Bahamas, Nassau, Carnival cruiseship Miracle.
http://www.carnival.com/Ship_Detail.aspx?shipCode=MI
963 feet by about 126 ' beam. She will be 1 year old this month, state of the art, thair pledge is to fed you til you have to buy new clothes. Excellent food, service, events, entertainment. Excellent time. It is now heading to Tampa, St Pete and will sail western Caribbean cruises from there. A Fantastic time was had by all. Highly recommended.
Dogbytes and Johnny Dollar, Thanks for the "Best wishes. I can't wait to get back to carving, it's tearin me up not to be able to make sawdust.
And to all the guys this morning on Tiki Shout who were awake with me cause I couldn't sleep, Thanks for all the good vibes and wishes. Thanks for thesuport and love for my work. I Love All you guys and can't wait to blow you away with some new art pretty soon
Big Mahalos to you ALL

Best wishes Ben for speedy recovery!

I'm blowing that conch shell to summon the healing gods to you...

This week's work is dedicated to you!

O

Happy to hear that all went well.

O

We love you too man. The trip sounds great. Where are the pics?

Hey Ben, good to hear you are good. I give you another ph. call one of these days!

T

Glad to know you're OK.... best wishes from southern Kahliforniah (as Ahnold says it..._

Glad to hear it Ben! Look after yourself

Glad to hear that you've cleared that fence!

Was the ailment a result of carving or just bad luck?

Best wishes for a super-speedy recovery.

Trader Woody

D

Hope your recovery goes well-be careful-you only get one set of hands.

Well, Ben. It's great to hear that your surgery went well. Now you'll have to exercise that finger thoroughly with more cool carving.

T

Glad it went well. Wishing you a speedy and full recovery!

V

All the good mana goes to you dear Benz.
BTW, I read an article about you in a french fanzine, you were great.

:drink: :drink:

Take 2, every hour on the hour.

hope your back in top form ASAP!

-Z

H
hewey posted on Wed, Feb 16, 2005 4:28 PM

you could have saved some dough and got a cool carved tiki finger in the process if you did it yourself.

Good to know you are well - bring on the new carvings!

(If they are red splattered, we know you didnt let the stitches heal long enough)

B

Glad all is well. Seems like you're over the hump.

So what are you doing with those fingers to need all that surgery?

hmmmmm?

HT

Come on, let's see some scar pictures like the ones I posted after my surgery!

Get well soon, and stay away from the knives for at least a week.

Good luck!

T

Glad all went well.

Wishing you the best.

J

Good news Ben! Hopefully you'll be back up carving in no time...my name isn't even on your carving list but I love seeing the mini wooden miracles you turn out! Best wishes and continued good health!

B

MAHALOS to All you guys and gals, I appreciate the best wishes form everyone. Man it was just a simple procedure although it fixed a big issue. I can't Wait to get back to carving, its driving me crazy.
You guys are Great. TC Rocks!!!
HappyHappyHappy

M

Much aloha to you to focus on your creative hands. Now they can work as a team again.

See if you can reconfigure the mouse to use as a left handed so you can use another finger to click. You may even consider switching hands with the mouse. I've done that because of wrist pain. It won't take longer than a week to get used to it.

T

I've always heard that keeping an ice cold Mai Tai in your hand helps keeps the swelling down. WIsh you a speedy recovery!

MD

Glad it all went well. I'll drink to your speedy recovery. Hell, I'll drink to anything!

T

Ben, it's great to hear all went well. Enjoy the time off as it looks to be a busy summer.
Take care!

Wishing you a speedy, and complete recovery. Don't try to do too much too soon. :)

Hope yr feeling fine in record time Ben!

hey ben, glad to hear you are doing well. Here's to the next carvings!

B

Stitches came out today HOORAAYYY.
Doc said to take it esy for a week. Yeah, I'll take it easy all right. Real easy carving those tikis. Thanks to everyone for the well wishes and great suggestions. I think the best and the most advised was to keep MaiTais in that hand all day. Thanks again and now back to work..

Pages: 1 40 replies