Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: Huge moai for sale!

Pages: 1 12 replies

T

But you better get it before the warm weather sets in! (Not my auction!)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=553&item=5364458601&rd=1

I like $50,000 ice sculptures with "deep religious meening"...

H
hewey posted on Wed, Feb 16, 2005 4:20 PM

$50,000? uh, whatever...

Does anyone know of any 'proper' ice sculptures of tiki? I mean the professional really pretty ones with clear ice?

I do like the irony of an ice tiki. And if he breaks in transport, you can break him up for use in cocktails!

he's trying to sell a snoai?

I say that's disrespectful to the moai! And look at all the dirt bits...I certainly wouldn't want them in my beverages.

If anyone REALLY REALLY wants one,and they can't afford this fine specimin, I'll do one for them at a special TC 50% discount!

Any Takers?

No?

B

Does anyone know of any 'proper' ice sculptures of tiki? I mean the professional really pretty ones with clear ice?

We had one at our wedding. I'll find the photo and post it.
-Amy

B

If anyone wants an Ice tiki, I'm sure the local Culinary school would hook you up, though ice carvings are pretty expensive

T

I would buy it if it came with a lifetime warinty that it would never melt for all climates.

Nobody's mentioned that this 'snoai' (love that, Tikiwahine!) isn't exactly a carving. Judging from the skimpy layer of snow on the ground, I have to say he's a snowman! No knives, no chainsaws, no carving, no nothin' - just roll/pack the snow up into a shape (ok, maybe "carve" a nose). A $50,000 snowman, but a snowman nonetheless!!

Brilliant!!

DZ

Tikifille and I had discussed her carving a tiki ice sculpture for my Summer Spectacular last year, but for some reason we weren't able to overcome the logistics of it.

I think carving it outdoors during the middle of a So. Cal. summer might have had something to do with it...

Not to break up the ice theme, but maybe he should have a whole story about how strange things have been happening and he suspects it’s a haunted Moai?

My very best alohas,

Bosko

B

Here is the one we had. Duke did a drawing for them to work from. We were pleasently surprised with how it came out– and it lasted much longer than we expected as well. We'd never have paid for an ice sculpture, but they offered us one as part of our "wedding package" and of course we asked "Can we have a Tiki?!".
-Amy

H
hewey posted on Tue, Sep 27, 2005 7:45 AM

Wow, that tiki looks awesome!

Pages: 1 12 replies