Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Witco Furniture

Pages: 1 2 57 replies

Personally speaking of tiki-related witco, and because I'm so darned practical, I'd rate the furniture first.

However, fountains & tikis are always very first.

Bars
Stools for bar
Chairs
Loveseats
Tables

love the cats

anything with leopard print, yum!

T

John, I forget the exact name. Of course I already tossed the box. I got it at a pet store in Lancaster that has a huge reptile dept. It was called something fogger. It is just this little chrome piece about 1 inch or so in diameter and hight. It has a little red led light on it and a small brass area about the size of a dime. This is where the water hits it to make it fog. It has a small cord running out of that piece into a box and then a plug from the box into a outlet. As soon as it is plugged in with water hitting it it fogs. It is to raise humidity in reptile aquariums. It was $29.99 It works in 2 inches of standing water or as long as water is running over it which is perfect for the fountain.

Top 5 Witcos.
Bar
fountains
tikis
masks
wall art

I ran across this possible Witco alligator today and noticed that it is a bit different than the one shown in tikicar's webshots. Here is his: http://community.webshots.com/photo/277581721/322988443sHVJdt
Here's what I saw today:

Is it Witco, or did someone imitate the Witcogator way back in the day?

T

My guess is that is a Witco gator. It looks like mine. Just the seat is recovered and missing the knobs for eyes. Are there holes there? Since each one is carved they each would be slightly different. Scott

It does have places where the rods that held the eyes simply broke off. I went ahead and bought it...$100...steep for my neck of the woods but I had competition from an alligator collector. I plan to alter the seat and use the platform for a plant stand or a display stand for something that should be seen in the round.

Hello All, I just bought this great tiki fireplace tool set from an estate sale for $10. The house had an awsome tiki bar complete with a floor to ceiling waterfall! Anyhow, I was wondering if anybody thinks this is a Witco piece, or an imatator? I haven't been able to find anything about Witco making fireplace tools anywhere on the internet, and there are so many Witco experts on here! Thanks all!
Kahiki Johnny

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6dc22b3127cce97512f0899cf00000015108BcNWjhs5cC

R

my guess would be yes.

K

Kahiki Johnny, that is a Witco called " Fire god tool holder " item # f-20 I found it in a 1969 Witco catalog. Nice find!!

Kahiki Johnny,
Keigs is totally mistaken. It's not a Witco.

I'll give you $50 for it.

Ha, just kidding. That is one very, very good (Witco) find!

Enjoy!

Wow, Thanks everybody for your help! I'm not giving this baby up :)

Pages: 1 2 57 replies