Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Questions about SF Tiki Crawl V. Please post here!

Pages: 1 2 56 replies

M

Let us know if you have questions or concerns here.

You should be concerned about the hangover.

M

what time is the bus scheduled to leave Trad'r Sam on Thursday?

T

Where do we sign up for the bus?

You can now sign up for the Tiki Bus here:

http://www.tikicentral.com/misc/cart.php

Seating is limited! Get yours today!

T

Thanks Hanford!

Will there be vending like last year?

G

I've tried to join the crawl mailing list a couple of times (including a few months back), and have yet to see anything from it. I don't have any spam controls on.

Any way I can be added manually?

Cheers,
Gwen Smith

Is that sexy sunuvagun tikimonkey going to be there in full swing?

Answer - yes

M

On 2005-03-02 15:46, mrsmiley wrote:
what time is the bus scheduled to leave Trad'r Sam on Thursday?

The shuttle will Leave Sam's at about 6:30 on thursday.

M

On 2005-03-02 21:54, gwenners wrote:
I've tried to join the crawl mailing list a couple of times (including a few months back), and have yet to see anything from it. I don't have any spam controls on.

Any way I can be added manually?

Cheers,
Gwen Smith

Haven't been any emails, so don't panic- you're probably in there!

M

On 2005-03-02 20:22, PolynesianPop wrote:
Will there be vending like last year?

Not like last year. Vic's will be selling at both SF and Emeryville, but no vendor room. Some folks may sell out of their rooms at the Phoenix, but will be seperate from the crawl and not during crawl hours.

T

Ah, so if I get in to SF around 8:00 thursday, I should skip Sam's and go to the next event, yes?

P
pablus posted on Thu, Mar 3, 2005 9:15 AM

Can the bus swing by Tampa and pick up Angela and I ?

Thanks.

M

On 2005-03-03 08:34, tikifish wrote:
Ah, so if I get in to SF around 8:00 thursday, I should skip Sam's and go to the next event, yes?

Yes. Plus, as you'll recall, they're weird about Canadians there.

"Shots for the Canadian Girls!"

M

On 2005-03-03 09:15, pablus wrote:
Can the bus swing by Tampa and pick up Angela and I ?

Thanks.

No, but we'll be thinking about you, and glad that you're in Tampa so there's some rum to go around. :wink:

V
virani posted on Thu, Mar 3, 2005 9:59 AM

Can the bus let me at my friends place on friday and saturday nights (near Castro station) ?
At what time the friday evening will end ? Will the shuttle go to the Conga for the DJ Mano after the Trader Vic's or will it go downtown ?
will I be the first european to do the SF tiki crawl ?

M

On 2005-03-03 09:59, virani wrote:
Can the bus let me at my friends place on friday and saturday nights (near Castro station) ?

Probably. (Hey everyone- the shuttle will not make custom stops as a rule- The French have privileges)

At what time the friday evening will end ?

Good question. Vic's will end at 11:30pm -who knows what else people will get up to?

Will the shuttle go to the Conga for the DJ Mano after the Trader Vic's or will it go downtown ?

We'll take a vote among the passengers. I'm happy to drive over there if enough people want to go.

will I be the first european to do the SF tiki crawl ?

It looks that way! Congrats and vive la France!

MT

What does the t-shirt look like for this year? Just curious. I'm sure Chongolio will do an awesome job (I get a lot of compliments on the t-shirt from last year), and knowing so I went ahead and purchased a shirt along with the bus seats for this year's crawl - just curious as to what the shirt looks like.

T

My home base will be 1 St Francis Place, apparently this is in an area called 'south of market'.

I really have no idea where this is!

T

Yes, to second what Mai Tai said, I'd be interested in a shirt, but would like to see it before I buy.

S

I got my Saturday bus ticket!!! YAY!!!
Tikifish!!! I won't be in till Friday morning, thus, missing out on my favorite bar of them all, Trad'r Sams, maybe we can get an early drinkiepoo over there at some point! Can't wait to see you!
Can't wait to see EVERYONE!!!
Wheeeeeeeee!
PEa

M

I will bring a selection of vintage aloha shirts if any one is interested. I will vend them from my room at the Phoenix.

I have about 40 shirts (30 are vintage barkcloth and 10 are modern rayon Reyn Spooners ($75 new), Kahala, and others.

Seek the Monkeyman
Obey Monkeyman

T

Is anyone else arriving at the SF airport on thursday night?

I was just recently contacted to do the shirts again, so we are still working on the details. We have the concept down and rough drafts approved and I will get crankin on final art this weekend. But I still need to get color and format sizes nailed down.(Mig, Martiki?)
I will post something as soon as I have something close to the finished art.
It's going to be tough to beat last year's shirt, but we have a nifty concept that is going to be cool!
I am ready for that lava bowl!
Chongolio

-- I believe that our Heavenly Father invented the monkey because he was disappointed in man."
... Mark Twain

Come explore http://www.lost-isle.com

S
seamus posted on Fri, Mar 4, 2005 4:50 PM

Is there any other fees than the bus to attend each night??

S
seamus posted on Fri, Mar 4, 2005 5:12 PM

I will be bringing some of my Tikis and Plaques with me to sell and trade from my room. I'm also donating something special to the raffle Please contact me ASAP if there's anything in particular you want me to bring. This is a great chance to save on shipping costs, so order now!!

TikisbySeamus.com

[ Edited by: seamus on 2005-03-06 13:54 ]

T

Sweetpea! So good to hear you are coming! And the lovely Crystal Cahdeleir is coming too, she will be excited to know you will be there!

On 2005-03-04 16:50, seamus wrote:
Is there any other fees than the bus to attend each night??

There will be a cover charge at the Bamboo Bar for the live music on Thursday.

M

On 2005-03-04 11:06, tikifish wrote:
Is anyone else arriving at the SF airport on thursday night?

BART goes from both SFO and Oakland to downtown San Francisco. If you are staying at the Phoenix, get off at Civic Center and take a very short cab ride there. (it is walkable, but through a dicey neighborhood)

More details about BART http://www.bart.gov

I did a search & couldn't find much. Is the Lingba Lounge the spot where the LiLo Lounge used to be on Potrero Hill?

M

On 2005-03-09 14:14, bigbadtikidaddy wrote:
I did a search & couldn't find much. Is the Lingba Lounge the spot where the LiLo Lounge used to be on Potrero Hill?

Yep!

Martiki,
check you PMs
Chongolio

Cant Wait. Yee Haw and Boy Howdy

What time does the Thursday night event start at Conga Lounge? Do I still get to go if I'm not riding the bus?

M

Thursday is the Trad'r Sam's and Pimento/APE concert in Fairfax which you can't miss.

Friday is the Conga Lounge from 5 to 7:30 and Vic's Emeryville from 8 to 11:30.

Full Schedule here:

http://www.tikicentral.com/misc/schedule.htm

And, YES! We absolutely want you to come even if you're not on the bus! Don't let that stop you!

Will Pop Ylop or his cousin Hop Sing be crooning a tune for us?

T

For any tiki mug hunters visiting for crawl weekend with the stamina to get up early after the main event, on Sunday April 3rd. is the monthly Antiques by the Bay in Alameda. This show is huge - 800 sellers, and is located on a spectacular site on the bay.

Good luck, and I'll see you at Club Mallard with your finds!

http://www.antiquesbybay.com/

Also, if anyone wants to see one of the last original outdoor tikis left in the bay area, cruise by the Tropic Sands Apartments at 2485 Shoreline Dr. in Alameda. From San Francisco take I-80 across the bay bridge to I-880 South, exit at 23rd. Avenue, drive straight through the traffic light, and across the bridge onto Alameda island. Stay on this street (now Park Street) until it deadends at the bay, and turn left on Shoreline Dr. The aprtments are on your left just before the street makes a left turn.

O.K. the shirt details are hammered out a printer has been found and I will be finishing up the art over the next couple of days. I will get a preview up as soon as I can.
Cheers,
Chongolio

Is anyone staying at a nearby hotel that's NOT the Phoenix? I don't want Mr. Pineapple to drive home after the crawl :) I'm doing my designated driver duty by proxy!
mrs. p

"You're the mayor of shark city, people think you want the beaches open."

[ Edited by: mrs. pineapple on 2005-03-21 13:14 ]

[ Edited by: mrs. pineapple on 2005-03-21 13:15 ]

M

On 2005-03-21 12:52, mrs. pineapple wrote:
Is anyone staying at a nearby hotel that's NOT the Phoenix? I don't want Mr. Pineapple to drive home after the crawl :) I'm doing my designated driver duty by proxy!
mrs. p

THE Mosser on Fourth near Market(across from the Marriott) has been a past fave of a few TC folk. Currently Travelocity is offering a Queen room with a shared bathroom down the hall for $70 Sat night. If one is staying only Sat you can street park. Other nights you should pay for the Valet parking -about $25 a night. I didn;t check their website http://www.themosser.com. It is a great little CLEAN hotel. Fancy but oftem cheap!

Thanks Mr. Smiley, I know exactly where this is!

Just purchased another lot of vintage aloha shirts. I will be bringing a killer selection of more that 50 shirts for your purchasing pleasure. All shirts are priced at $20 or less.

I will vend from my room at the Phoenix. I will do some trading too.

Seek the Monkeyman.

[ Edited by: Monkeyman on 2005-03-25 10:08 ]

S

Trades too?? I'm bringing a fair selection of Tikis and plaques for showing selling and trading.

M

Just a note for everyone that all vending and trading will be in hotel rooms at the Phoenix and not at any of the venues. Vending and Trading is is not an "official" part of the event...but it's fine with me!

Is there anything going on after the Bamboo Bar in Fairfax?
I'm picking up Tikifishs' partner in crime, the lovely Crystal Chandelier, at the SF airport at 11pm.
This doesnt leave much hope for making the scene in Fairfax...

H

On 2005-03-30 15:51, bigbadtikidaddy wrote:
Is there anything going on after the Bamboo Bar in Fairfax?
I'm picking up Tikifishs' partner in crime, the lovely Crystal Chandelier, at the SF airport at 11pm.
This doesnt leave much hope for making the scene in Fairfax...

If you PM me your cell, I'll call you so you guys can meet up with us.

M

Please do that. BBTD- Humu will coordinate.

On 2005-03-25 18:39, martiki wrote:
Just a note for everyone that all vending and trading will be in hotel rooms at the Phoenix and not at any of the venues. Vending and Trading is is not an "official" part of the event...but it's fine with me!

You Da Mart Man!

Pages: 1 2 56 replies