Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Kind of slow through the Weekend

Pages: 1 12 replies

Are we burning out on things to talk about? Have we covered just about all topics, other than whats new on ebay? What happened? My God, I can't breath! Everything is going dark! AAHHHHHHHHH!

Well, I just got your mugs, mucho mahalo, and the steel glaze is awesome! I have that guy as a tea candle holder with marble eyes, as a Crying Tiki candle, and as red rhinestoned S&P shakers, but this one is my fave.
Since I am not reaping any royalties of the B.O.T., it is nice to here and there receive material rewards like a native: trading in heads!

I would have tons of subjects to write about here, but that would keep me even more from getting a handle on that damn WITCO book, and the other projects I am working on....oh yeah, and then there is paying the bills somehow also.

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki on 2002-10-14 13:47 ]

What is the general attitude of the members of Tiki Central regarding e-bay announcements and artists trying to promote and sell their work through e-bay? I am an new member who has been poking around for several months before joining. I did not join this group to make a buck. I joined cause I dig the aloha spirit, the tropical vibe and a coconut full of rum. There also seemed to be quite a few artists in here as well. If the majority of TC doesn't want to hear about e-bay auctions. I will stop posting them immediately. I am new to e-bay also and thought it was kind of cool all the tiki stuff you could find and sell. My sincere apologies if I was irritating.
Chongolio

Chongolio,
Many TC'ers post an announcement when they have items up for sale on eBay. Click on the House Rules link at the top of this page to see the guidelines. I believe eBay announcements should be posted in the Collecting Tiki forum.

There is nothing wrong with an ebay post, I was just asking about it being kind of slow. I post my mugs on ebay and advertise here like everyone else does.

Bigbro, I am glad you like the mugs. How about when you get your Whitco book out, sign a copy and send it to me. I will pay you for it, not asking for a free one. Your signature is worth a lot more to me than the mugs I sent you. I also want a copy of your video and will get the 20 to you soon. Thanks again, Donald

Oh and tell all these guys here about the quality of my mugs.

Kokomotikibar&grill,

You bring up a good point. How much can one write about collecting all things tiki? I don't know if anyone's noticed, but my posts are usually of a tiki-social commentary nature.

I enjoy taking events and turning them on angle and looking at them.

I think it's important to sythesize what's happening into the non-obvious food groups to gain another perspective on things.

(Either that or I'm full of sh#$!)

What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! Was it over when Abraham Lincoln crossed the Delaware, Hell No!.And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the going gets tough . . . the tough get going. Who's with me? Let's Go! Come on! AAAAEEEEEGGGHHHH!!

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily

B

Ahhh Bluto...an inspiration to us all...

Maybe it's just b/c tiki stuff is so popular right now. I mean, there's Tiki Punch (tm) for christ's sake! (Which, btw, tastes like sh*t, if you didn't already know). So maybe you've all just run out of stuff to talk about, in other words.
I'm new to tiki central, but I;ve been using Buletin boards, list serves, and chat rooms long enough to notice that certain patterns always emerge:

1. Group starts out with good intentions. People are excited and actually post thing s that other group members are actually interested in.
  2. Not long thereafter, messages are posted about politics and/or religion. Differences of opinion emerge.
  3. Childish name-calling erupts. Some members, seeing how stupid their fellow members are, start typing the most offensive shit they can b/c they know it will really piss people and be really funny.
  4. Several members complain "F*** this, I'm leaving!" and start their own group.
  5. Cycle repeats until members realize that this process is inevitable on the internet.

However, if you feel that not enough interesting things are being said, I'm new here, and have lots to say. Let the posting begin.
Trader Rick
Santa Barbara, CA

I actually found some of the stuff posted over the weekend much more interesting than much of the inane name-calling posted previously.

Trader Woody

I find the argument posts the most amusing. Especially when you throw in someone like Mad Tiki who does not have a positive thing to say about anything.

[ Edited by: KokomoTikiBar&Grill on 2002-10-15 09:25 ]

Well I'm sure it's all very exciting and amusing when you are embroiled in a war of words on a bulletin board, but it can be pretty dull for others having to wade through all the extraneous posts trying to find something of real interest.

I'm all for healthy, even heated debates about topics related to Tiki but most of the recent mudslinging has put me into a semi-coma.

But hey, thats just me....

Trader Woody

T

Jeez, I just thought everyone was out getting "blotto-ed" over the weekend!

I just owed it to myself to end up face down in the gutter!" :wink:

Pages: 1 12 replies