Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

TIKI FARM Drei Moai tiki mug Squid Ltd ed

Pages: 1 2 80 replies

Just got mine last night...What an awesome mug.Nice and big.(and heavy).fits nicely in the hand...

Picked up # 92 in Murphys last night. This is a BIG BOY! Thanks Hudson Classics!

T

Yes, the guy at Therapy was very nice. He mentioned to us that he had 10 of these mugs at his other store in San Luis Obispo, so if you're really desperate for one, I suggest contacting him at Therapy and asking him about them.

I'm really glad that you guys like the good people at Therapy - my bro Wayne is I'm sure who you're referring to. Wayne has been a good friend of mine now for years, since starting Tiki Farm. Billy Shire (La Luz/Soap Plant) and Wayne of Therapy were some of my very first customers and both have gone on to be some of my best allies in "the trenches of Tiki" and best bros - shop at their places whenever you can.
Mahaloz!!
Holden

Hey for anybody interested- Me and my brother (Riptide) found 4 of these mugs at the House of Tiki in Newport Beach. Needless to say there are 2 left so you might want to look there!!
Later,
Spermy

J
Jawa posted on Wed, Mar 16, 2005 6:40 AM

I had the boxed mug awaiting my return here at work...man I love a 4 day weekend, lol.

Anyway, the mug is a brute, and a beaut, thanks stuff! Thanks Tiki Farm & Squid!

Hi, as promised I had two people that did not come through on their requests for a DREI MOAI mug so they are for sale. $24.95 + 9.95 shipping. Feel free to call our shop
805-772-8610
Thanks
Hot Rod Tiki..

DREI's are gone & payed for, Thanks to you It works for all of us..Tiki Central

Thanks hotrodtiki for coming through for me. Great mug tikifarm and squid!

J
Jawa posted on Wed, Mar 16, 2005 12:25 PM

Wow! Looks like I made a wise investment!!! :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29460&item=3964000721&rd=1

• Not my auction by the way...

Jason Wathey
Tampa, Florida

http://www.wathey.com

[ Edited by: Jawa on 2005-03-16 12:26 ]

[ Edited by: Jawa on 2005-03-16 18:12 ]

Hay Jawa, I was watching the auction too, glad I've still got mine though.

It was a good way to explain to the wife my reason for purchasing the mug in the first place... for investment purposes! sure... If she tried to sell one of my mugs she'd have to pry it outta my cold dead hands! hahaha

Just don't start looking at all your mug collecting as an "Investment". When I first started collecting I saw the prices for some of my pieces go sky high, so I sold some and now I kick myself for it and miss them dearly! The whole bottom may fall out of the "Tiki Mug Market" someday and some people will only be stuck with some painted clay, but I'll have a wonderful art collection of mugs! Of course, once ya have a mug it's your choice what you do with it, but trust me, you'll miss any you ever part with! Peace-Out.

[ Edited by: aquaorama on 2005-03-16 17:46 ]

J
Jawa posted on Wed, Mar 16, 2005 6:46 PM

Hahaha, no...I didn't mean to imply I would sell mine! But like roadkutter said, it's something nice to tell the wife...although I don't think she would want to sell them either. :)

I know what you mean Jawa....My Ex Wife gave me a choice, My Star Wars figures or my Mugs....Well, I secretly kept buying both....Then got rid of her!! I'm such a junkie!!

We are an authorized Tiki Farm retailer in Mystic, Ct. Holden from Tiki farm just hooked us up with 4 additional Drei Moai tikis. According to him, number 250 was given to Squid for his personal collection. Call Tidal River 860-536-6371 11-6pm EST 7 day. Plus, we currently have over 10 different designs in house...including the popular martiki glass

Oh look two threads with the exact SAME subject line, one right after the other!
That's necessary...

OWWWCccHHHHH.
Point made!!

TD

At least some of us that did not get one of the LE appreciate the separate post. Thank you mistiki-boutiki, at least there is still hope!

I think you folks who appreciated this notification of where to buy this mug might have seen it if it had been added on to the OTHER thread just as well.

Oh please people, Hanford has asked everyone to cut down on multiple threads ( those yellow boxes, remember? Here's a reminder...
"Tiki Central has over 11,000 topics!

Before posting, please use our Search page.

Your post probably fits best in an existing topic instead of a new one. You can click here to post a new topic If you're confident your topic has not already been discussed.

Thank You!")

Stop sniveling and just do it!

P.S. Bandwidth costs money.

[ Edited by: purple jade on 2005-03-16 21:04 ]

Mr. TIKI DUDE ,Did you want one? I would sell my last one, the one for my own collection, I know sometimes it gets tough to get "in" on a LTD mug.
let me know
Mahalo

Thanks Hot Rod Tiki, I really appreciate your offer but couldn’t take your last one especially if it was for your collection. I ordered one last week from the Ron Jon web site and it’s been “in processing” ever since. If the order gets canceled I’ll try and pick one up from ebay. I’ve seen the other post and that you helped out others, Hot Rod Tiki and you are to be commended.

On the other hand the other poster, I’m glad we have the post police on patrol. When someone post their first post it may be less than ideal. No reason to be rude to the person.

Tiki Dude, Before selling your soul to "the Bay" for this, let us know, I might be able to help.
Mahalo
Don

J
Jawa posted on Thu, Mar 17, 2005 5:36 AM

Hahaha, thats good! Better to get rid of a wife than a precious collection...makes me happy I married a collector too :wink:

Well, now that we are totally off topic...lol...

Aquaorama, thats a classic, it bought a tear to my eye with laughter!

And the only investment I see in my mugs is my happiness, and I mean the kind of happiness that is experienced with a full mug!

M

A big thank you to stuff-o-rama for a big beautiful mug!

okay so i'm kind of new at this bear with me,I just thought i'd drop by and let you all know that Therapy in sf has four of the ltd ed mugs.
And we are selling them for 24.95. Not more. You can call to put one on hold til later on in the week. Sorry to all of you out of state tikifiles, we're not set up to ship. you can call us at 415-621-5902. we're open til 7 pm daily. And thanks to Holden and everyone else for their kind words. mahalo

Thank Holden & Squid! I was at Wacko/La Luz de Jesus today and they've got two on the shelves for $24.00. They're not in the front end of the store but in the back gallery in a large Tiki Farm mug display. La Luz gallery is inside Wacko on Hollywood Blvd (I don't know the exact address but it's in the 4000 block of Hollywood Blvd, where Hollywood & Sunset merge together.)

[ Edited by: stuff-o-rama on 2005-03-20 00:14 ]

Would like to send a huge thank you out to Mistiki-Boutiki (especially Stephanie) I got the last Drei mugs yesterday. They or should I say Stephanie was so nice,helpful and understanding plus going out of her way calling me back . This is my first purchase thru them but not my last .they are an A+ operation

Thanks for the news on the mug at La Luz stuff-o-rama! Just called them and have a squid mug coming my way. Us midwest folks need all the help we can get for tiki.

mahalo!

tj

Thanks a lot tc'ers for the emails on Drei Moai. We'll take them into consideration for future runs along w/the bowl & scorpion bowl requests. Interesting stuff...
Mahaloz,
Holden

Just got my mug in the mail today from La Luz. #36. The mug rocks!

tj

M

Can you believe it, I actually got one on Maui and didn't have to Pay HUGE shipping costs!

There are actually two stores on Maui with them, but the guy at Beach Bumz seems to be hoarding the 5 that he got. I talked to his wife and she said he'd had them for a week but hadn't brought them to the store because he hadn't figured out what he was going to sell them for. I asked her to call me when they brought them in, but no call. They'll probably turn up on e-bay.

Holden, No more linited edition mugs for this guy!

Pages: 1 2 80 replies