Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

#1 Mug I want...

Pages: 1 25 replies

R

The Politiki Reagan mug. It combines my love of Politics and Tiki. I guess the other president mugs are close seconds. But as a Republican, I really need that Reagan Mug.

Please don't start a political discussion. Just help me get a Reagan mug.

I love this plan.....add a whole line of famous mugs

TM

I dig the Politiki Mugs too. I know, some will have me flogged, but I like 'em. I have a Reagan and a FDR, I'd like to get the whole set....

the real score would be to hork the lincoln and roosevelt carved tikis that are still on front of the building, flanking the sign that says "POUR*HOUSE"

Politiki is a sad example of the kind of unique (however strange it may be!) concept that TIKI stands for totally bypassing and being wasted on the general public.

No offense to anyone, but my first reaction was, WTF? politiki?........I won't even go there... :D
But, having said that, Iam curious (morbid curiousity perhaps) to see what they look like.Can someone post a photo?

TM

On 2005-03-16 21:24, bigbrotiki wrote:
Politiki is a sad example of the kind of unique (however strange it may be!) concept that TIKI stands for totally bypassing and being wasted on the general public.

I've never actually been to the PoliTiki. All the same, the mugs are interesting and different....

Tiki Mugs, Vintage, Tiki Bars, Carved Tiki Poles, Apparel and more!
Everything Tiki at: http://www.bartiki.com

[ Edited by: Tiki Matt on 2005-03-16 21:37 ]

TM

On 2005-03-16 21:30, freakytiki wrote:*
No offense to anyone, but my first reaction was, WTF? politiki?........I won't even go there... :D
But, having said that, Iam curious (morbid curiousity perhaps) to see what they look like.Can someone post a photo?

The Reagan is in the front, FDR is looking on from the back...

Sven, old pic from a previous post...I swear I didn't put you next to Ronnie on purpose!

Thanks for posting the pic....I just found out Politiki is a bar in D.C. it's making sense now..
Isn't that photo ironic? especially after what Sven said.....I bet you must be shaking your head Sven :lol:

NEVER would I have thought it possible to have my (however remote) likeness shown next to this blown-out-of-proportion empty head! (this description can be read as completely factual!) :lol:

K

I have a Reagan, FDR, and Carter. I would love to get Lincoln and Nixon!

Kanaka

T

I have a Reagan, FDR, and Lincoln. I would love to get Carter and Nixon! @ one point they were offering the full set on their site. They never did have them though. I emailed them a few times and they were always kind of cavalier about them "missing in shipping on the way to Politiki". Always had a good time there with the MDVADC Tikiphiles.

[ Edited by: Turbogod on 2005-03-17 05:18 ]

R

Well... I'd love the whole dang set too, but I haven't got any and Reagan is the one I want the most. I've seen some on ebay in the past, but man... I just can't swing that kind of cash right now for a mug.

Also... I'm getting a lot of snide comments pm'd to me about being a Republican. I don't lecture you on your politics or religion and I don't appreciate it from some of you. I've heard nothing but good things about (most) of you on this page but I haven't exactly recieved that kind of good vibe lately. (although I should admit some, like tiki-bot have been informative, helpful, and pretty much polite about it) I repeat... I don't want a political discussion, I'm not trolling or playing devils advocate here, I just followed some other examples of posting my "holy grail."

[ Edited by: Rorysm on 2005-03-17 07:23 ]

TM

On 2005-03-16 22:13, bigbrotiki wrote:
NEVER would I have thought it possible to have my (however remote) likeness shown next to this blown-out-of-proportion empty head! (this description can be read as completely factual!) :lol:

Sven, Your likeness has now been moved as far away from Ronnie as possible in my collection!

I have been searching for the elusive poli-tiki mugs and have only fdr, I would like a nixon but have yet to even see a picture of one(now this is where some lucky collector's picture of one is entered in to the mix).

T

I cant believe people are sending you snide PM's about being republican. That is completely absurd.

For anyone who did that, please see me in my office, you need a damn good spanking. In case you hadn't noticed, people in the US (and most other places) are allowed to vote for whoever they like. That's what makes democracy such a lovely thing.

End of rant!

TM

On 2005-03-20 02:30, tikifish wrote:
I cant believe people are sending you snide PM's about being republican. That is completely absurd.

For anyone who did that, please see me in my office, you need a damn good spanking. In case you hadn't noticed, people in the US (and most other places) are allowed to vote for whoever they like. That's what makes democracy such a lovely thing.

End of rant!

I'll be in your office in two shakes of a lambs tail.

Tiki Mugs, Vintage, Tiki Bars, Carved Tiki Poles, Apparel and more!
Everything Tiki at: http://www.bartiki.com

[ Edited by: Tiki Matt on 2005-03-20 08:46 ]

On 2005-03-20 02:30, tikifish wrote:
I cant believe people are sending you snide PM's about being republican.

I agree, not cool, and I hope I did not encourage such a poli-tikal missbehaviour.

For anyone who did that, please see me in my office, you need a damn good spanking.

Hmmm! What will you be wearing? :wink:

In case you hadn't noticed, people in the US (and most other places) are allowed to vote for whoever they like. That's what makes democracy such a lovely thing.

That's easy for you to say from a place were the electorate still seems to be dominated by common sense... :)

I thought we weren't allowed to talk politics? I really want that reagan politiki mug also, not telling what I want to do with it.

[ Edited by: McDougall on 2005-03-20 22:01 ]

On 2005-03-20 22:00, McDougall wrote:
...not telling what I want to do with it.

I know, you're gonna make one of those shrines for it like they have in Thai Restaurants, with incense, and golden/red plastic ornaments!

Ok, that's it, I shut up now, no more funny politiki talk!

I've always been fond of the lincoln mug, but have come to the conclusion that I have a better chance winning the lottery(that I don't buy tickets for), than ending up with one. C'est la vie!

[ Edited by: Tikiwahine on 2005-03-21 13:51 ]

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-13 12:12 ]

J

So, at this PoliTiki place, do they just have the mugs, or do they have bowls as well?

If not, I was thinking, they could do a Mount Rushmore style bowl with ol' George, Thom, Teddy and Abe engraved on the side. They could call it "Mount Lush-more" and it could look something like this:

What do you think? I know... I have WAY too much time on my hands!

DZ

I know that Johnnie Velour has the full set - maybe if you're nice, he'll post a pic...

Rorysm-

I've got a Reagan Politiki mug (procured there on a WONderful evening with various fabulous DC/ Maryland types, after dinner at the now-gone Honolulu). My favorite part, though, is Nancy on the back dancing a hula with a ukelele, surrounded by swirling astrological signs! It was the only one of the Presidents that I wanted and bought that night.

I'll trade ya - if ya got a Ren Clark severed head....or an Elvis' "Blue Hawaii" Tiki Bob (HA! my Holy Grails....and most everybody else's). Seriously, though, if you have something great to trade, I might be talked out of it. I'd love everyone to have their Grail. Email me.

T

I came across this Bob Hope Tiki, which isn't politics and tiki, but an interesting portrait.

Pages: 1 25 replies