Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Sin City - The movie

Pages: 1 16 replies

Is anyone else out there going nuts waiting for the release of the new Robert Rodriguez film Sin City? This movie looks absolutely visually breathtaking. Rodriguez managed to make the film look exactly like Frank Miller's graphic novel. Rumor has it this movie is introducing a whole new technology that will set the film world on end like the original "Matrix" did.

Check out the trailer

A

Mach,
I can't wait, it will be epic.
Mahalo,
Al

M

When I first saw the trailers, I was blown away!!! Can you imagine what the premiere for this is going to be like? Half Comicon crowd/half of Hollywood's elite.

I can't wait to see it. @;-)

If they do such a great look with this movie, I can't wait for them to attempt the Dark Knight series!

T

The Yahoo site also has a great 11 minute preview/making-of movie with lotsa clips and actor & filmmaker interviews.

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/sincity.html

M

Thanks for the link Tiki-bot!!

Haven't seen the preview but the commericals make it look baaaaaaad. :(

P

Frank Miller was there to help with the film and Quentin T. directed a scene as well.
Wired had a pretty good article about the film.

There was a great article in Entertainment Weekly a month or so ago showing how Rodriguez recreated the film to match the comic book frame to frame. He wanted it to look like the pages were coming alive. Comic book fans are always hypercrytical of their favorites, but this one looks interesting enough for me on an artistic level. Plus I love Robert Rodriguez movies, good & bad...

B

I think I'm gonna have to take a "long lunch" on friday & go check it out. Looks like its VERY faithful to Miller's source material.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!! First Sin City, and now the WATCHMEN movie is finally moving forward too. FF movie comming.....and Batman Begins.....

has there EVER been a better time to be a fanboy??

On 2005-03-24 02:27, hanford_lemoore wrote:
Haven't seen the preview but the commericals make it look baaaaaaad. :(

Do you mean baaaaaaaaaad as in good, or baaaaaaaad as in just plain bad...?

R

I have my ticket already. By the way, Frank Miller more than helped Robert Rodriguez with the movie, he co-directed it! And since the American Directors Guilde refuses to acknowledge that two people can direct a movie, Rodriguez had to turn over his membership card in order to allow Miller to co-direct. A really cool move of him to do it.

What did everyone think of it?

I went and saw it Saturday night. I was blown away by how beautiful it was and Mickey Rourke as Marv was amazing. Some of the subject matter is a bit disturbing but my husband who is a fan of the Graphic Novels was super impressed.

M

I'm not going to have a chance to see this until this Saturday... I'd love to hear everyone's reviews. Was it really as violent & bloody as the reviews make it out to be?

K
kctiki posted on Tue, Apr 5, 2005 6:16 PM

It looked great. Computer generated scenery was mind blowing. Mickey Rourke was perfect for his role.

But good noir sets a bleak mood that I didn't really feel - it was a little too slick I guess, and not gritty enough for my taste.

However, the first little piece with the lady in red, that seemed like real old time noir to me.

D

i saw the flick on Saturday. WOW. Pure testosterone ~ and estrogen. Eye candy for fetish folks and those who are into the graphics, too. Violent and fantastic. I kept looking at Marv, and was trying to imagine Mickey Rourke under there.

I’ve never read the ‘graphic novels’ ~ but at some points, it felt like the movie was being projected up from a comic book. Surreal.

Definitely all thumbs up for this movvie

HH

I saw it last night and thought is was great . Ive been a fan of this comic from day 1 and frank miler is da man. My ex went with me and she loved it too and she never read the books. A great cast , it was like watching all the stories at one time. A true comic book come to life, no crappy cut out or mis interpitations just raw frank miller on the big screen. ok well there was one thing i didnt like and that was miho. If you know the story she rides around on roller blades, but not in the movie which is ok because the change was well worth it. huminahuminahumina.

Pages: 1 16 replies