Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

New Model Army in L.A.!!

Pages: 1 2 replies

Probably the best 80's post-punk bands New Model Army will be at the Knitting Factory tomorrow (3/23). They don't come to the US very often and the last time they came it was an acoustic tour, this time they are electric and should prove to be an intense show. Unfortunately they will be minus incredible drummer/bass/songwriter Robert Heaton who sadly died in Nov.'04...he will be missed, especially by drummers who were inspired by him, including myself. Anyhoo, they will no doubt rock hard in Robert's memory and anyone that likes powerful, emotional music should come and support this legendary band.

S

YES!! Another NMA fan! I strongly second that. Go see this band! Northern England Rockers that weave celt, tribal, folk, and mercenary anthems into an unforgetable experience!
I've followed these boys from Bradford since their first album 20 some years ago.
I toured with them, stayed at their home, and even worked for them. One of the few bands that walk their talk- and theres some big talk to be sure. Robert was a dear friend and one of the finest men I've ever known. He is missed deeply, but the band plays on. I'm more than a little upset that this, the first US tour in many many years for the entire band, is skipping Portland(where they have a strong and loyal following, I might add) but I did get to see Justin last year on his solo tour which mystifying as well.
They'll be in San Francisco the 24th too.
http://www.newmodelarmy.org/fhome.htm

Wow, touring with them must have been amazing to say the least. I toured with The Damned and became pretty good pals, and as i'm sure you know "Moose" from NMA played a coupla years with them (an interersting version of The Damned for sure). Can't F#&%ing wait to see MNA tomorrow, too bad your gonna miss 'em. I'll tell 'em you said hi.

Pages: 1 2 replies