Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

SF Tiki Crawl V Raffle: Incredible Prizes!!! April 1st

Pages: 1 2 51 replies

M

Man, oh man. You've probably noticed the ever-growing list of sponsors on the TC home page. Well, thanks to the amazing generosity of so many people, we have assembled the greatest tiki raffle in history! No foolin'!
On Friday, April 1st at Trader Vic’s Emeryville, we’ve got a stellar lineup of prizes that you will have to see to believe!

Original art, jewelry, and scuplture from Crazy Al, Purple Jade, Benzart, Jungle Trader, Raffertiki, Tiki Tony, Seamus, keigs20, susane, Polynesiac, Monkeyman, and more!

Mugs galore from Munktiki & Tiki Farm!

An original Bamboo Ben bar!

Great gifts and vintage items from Hot Rod Tiki, Cpt. Midnite, stuff-o-rama, Trader Pup, Maui Tiki, Alameda Sports Cards & Comics, and more!!!!

Raffle tickets will be on sale starting Thursday night in Fairfax at the kickoff concert, and until the raffle at Trader Vic’s Emeryville on Friday night. You MUST be present to win! It’s going to be incredible!!!!

all the info as always at: http://www.tikicrawl.com

[ Edited by: martiki on 2005-03-22 12:23 ]

[ Edited by: martiki on 2005-03-22 12:23 ]

THANK YOU SPONSORS!!!

(As well as Hanford, Martin and Mig)
Great friends and alcohol, can't wait!

we should just our tickets to Cindy now and skip the formality...

:)

On 2005-03-22 13:25, mrs. pineapple wrote:

what? Are you talking about me?

On 2005-03-22 14:05, cynfulcynner wrote:

On 2005-03-22 13:25, mrs. pineapple wrote:

what? Are you talking about me?

We only ever win anything when we leave early and give you our tickets :)

"You're the mayor of shark city, people think you want the beaches open."

[ Edited by: mrs. pineapple on 2005-03-22 14:48 ]

Please note that this is on FRIDAY, not Saturday. So plan on coming to every night!

GO GO GO

T

How much are raffle tickets going to cost?

M

1 ticket for $1, 10 tickets for $5, 25 tickets for $10.

On 2005-03-22 14:48, mrs. pineapple wrote:
We only ever win anything when we leave early and give you our tickets :)

Oh, that's right! I'd forgotten about that. 8D

M

Gotta post a picture of this gem from our own Ken AKA keigs20 AKA Pleasant Tikis.

Check out this gorgeous lamp!!!

It could be yours for only the price of a raffle ticket!

Thanks so much Ken!

I'll post pix of other amazing things as they come up.

How on earth can you miss this raffle??

I wish I could buy tickets...but, I think my wife can.....

Heres a contribution from BamBoo Ben

(still needs a clear coat)

It's a special V bar for the V crawl?. The inset can hold a special V mug or what not. Decopage' with all the bands and bars, etc. for the crawl(wanted to hand paint it but just ran out o time).Trimmed out Bamboo Ben style with lots o burnage/retro boo. One of da kine fo sure! Hope it go's to a good home.

Holy burnt wood Batman! That lamp is killer! I'm taking out a second mortgage just to by up all the raffle tickets.

Yeah, I know I could just buy another lamp from Ken with that money, but I like winning stuff!

I am proud to participate as a donor/sponsor and truly appreciate all the effort that our esteemed bay area crew has put into the SF Crawl. Its a thankless job Im sure.

Here are my contributions. They pay homage to San Francisco Bay Area Tiki.

An 8"x10" Trader Vic Frame

A 5"x7" Tiki Bob

M

oh.

my.

god.

you really outdid yourself on these. and for little ol' us.

I, for one, am honored

I'm also buying tickets! Try to stop me, fuckers!

On 2005-03-28 22:06, martiki wrote:
oh.

you really outdid yourself on these. and for little ol' us.

I'm also buying tickets! Try to stop me, fuckers!

You can buy as many tickets as you want-but we WON'T let you win!!!!! ha ha ha..

Are you going to have Online Raffle Tickets avail??

For other TC who can't attend??

( you guys would make bank!!)

On 2005-03-29 12:30, RevBambooBen wrote:

What?! Are you on glue?
Get your lazy ass up here!
(Thanks for donating the bar Ben)

M

On 2005-03-29 12:30, RevBambooBen wrote:

( you guys would make bank!!)

Sorry, Ben- I'd love to, but I can't spend the next six months shipping all these beautful prizes all over the world. Maybe you can ask some southlanders to to buy tickets for you and bring goodies back!

You must be present to win!

Hiya!
I realize this is short notice, but as the procrastinator that I am, I am currently finishing up my contribution to the crawl (picture coming soon - about 1.5 hours when the first coat of stain dries) and was wondering....could anyone from the Los Angeles area take it up with them?
As you will see, it is a small tiki (a little over a foot) carved from a redwood 4x4, very light and would take up next to no space at all. I would be willing to travel to meet you tomorrow (wednesday) night after work - I could probably leave the Pedro area around 6ish. BAhooka? Sam's Seafood? trader Vics? Purple Orchid?Lucky Tiki? you name the place.

Feel free to email or PM me
[email protected]
and we can work out the details
THanks in advance!

"Hey, at least I'm housebroken."

[ Edited by: Polynesiac on 2005-03-29 22:32 ]

Martiki, maybe you get lucky and get to go home with me.
if not you somebody else gonna win a copy of the first volume of my adventures on Oahu dis friday night.
Oh braddah, Oh sistah dis gonna be some luau!

Da Pig God of Hawaii

Here is the tiki. It still needs more stain, a protective clear coat and a ride to SF if anyone is leaving from the Los Angeles area. PM or email me if you can:
[email protected]

the front:

and the back:

B

Poly,Thats a really nice piece. Must have taken forever to do the inscription. Somebody's gonna be Lucky to get that.
Here is #57 I donated to the festivities..

Ya'll go ahead and have fun without me, 'ya hear.
Of all the events to miss, I'd say this has to be the MOST Difficult.

M

Would you look at all this gorgeous stuff?

Someone please give Polynesiac's Tiki a ride!!

Polynesiac,

I live in Carson, which is just a 10-minute drive up the 110 fwy from you, (or less). I can't leave the house tonight, but if you want to drop it by, I'd be happy to take it up to the crawl. I can P.M. you directions to my house if that works.

Sabu.

PS: I'm also grateful for all the work that's going into making this Crawl successful. As a small token of thanks, I'm donating a Pele mug and a Speed Tiki mug to the raffle.

(I hope the Monkeybus can hold all of this stuff)

Sabu

special shout out to Monkeyman and Sabu. THanks for giving my tiki a ride.

I wish I was going with it to put $$$ on those prizes! WOW, I'm with you Ben, this is going to be a tough one to miss.

M

Hot dang, this raffle is looking pretty good!

Great stuff, some nice carvings and assorted items. I'm a breaking piggy's ass wide open for this one, buy me some tickets. On that note, those who donated can buy tix, yes?

Looking foward to Friday...
midnite

M

On 2005-03-30 18:58, midnite_tiki wrote:
On that note, those who donated can buy tix, yes?

Sure, why not? You might win your stuff back, though.

I know, I know, please no more calls, there's a a huge demand for me to raffle the penis carving, but really folks, the wife would get bent if I gave it away. As it is I'm taking a lot of heat for just bringing it, (she wants to lock it up and put it in a drawer). This trip we will highlight the many capacities of the 4 footer. Somes uses are: Battering ram for breaking down doors, best friend, (it was Poly Pop but not anymore), chick trap, etc. Don't miss out, there will be lots of fun for the whole family. Please be on the lookout for wannabes and impersonators. Just think, IT could be your best friend.

This is gonna be the mother of all Tiki Raffles! The Maikai Gents Featuring The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa humbly donate five(5) certificates good for one(1) CD each when released. Can't wait for tomorrow night!

-Iuka Grogg

Contained withing these sacred ceremonial vessels are two Full Moon mugs, to be offered up at the raffle!

What could possibly be held within these mysterious crypts?

See y'all there!

T

I am SO buying a gajillion raffle tickets!

H

WANT.

M

Man, oh man: I know I don't have to sell this raffle anymore, but I have to post a picture of this. This was generously donated by our own SES, jewelry maker and goldsmith, all the way out in Rhode Island. Check it out!

It's Tiki Bob in sterling silver with a 14k gold eye. You must see to believe! The texture on Bob is incredible.

Thank you SES!!!!!!!

Forget Buddhism!

DESIRE AWAY YA CRAZIES!

M

"sacred ceremonial vessels "

Yikes, Pup...Those containers alone are better than what I donated, wow. Great, great stuff. I likes Tiki Bob too, I'd probably wear it on my belly chain. I'll be sure to wear a belly-shirt tomorrow just in case I get lucky (or win a raffle item), and will shave appropriately... it is Vic's we're talking about.

I never win anything. There, said it, got it out of the way. Now, maybe some reverse psychology/mojo will work on my usual dismal luck.

Probably not...
midnite

B

SES, that bob IS Incredible! How did you get that spectacular finish. (maybe the blood on the mizy wheel, mixed with the acid bath and the polish formula)
Thats the nicest Bob I've seen

S
SES posted on Fri, Apr 1, 2005 10:30 AM

The texture is done by roller printing the annealed sheet metal with grasscloth so the grasscloth pattern ends up on the metal.

Clever girl!

We WON!!! the Monkey Man Tiki Bob frame! woo hoo!

I SAID WOO, HOO!

I want to thank John Ravitch, who is Otto and Doe's former upstairs neighbor, who was at TV's and had to leave, and gave us his tickets, which won the Bob frame. I told him if we won anything good we'd share. FAT CHANCE! Mr. Pineapple Bot is NOT giving up that frame! And we don't have to name the baby Martin or Hanford!

A good time was had by all, really nice stuff was had by a few!

mrs. pineapple

M

The planets aligned into a strange configuration of dumb luck or pity, and team midnite actually won something. Of course, we won a Tiki bowl/mug... but a very stylin' Von Franco bowl at that. Weeee! A few lucky patrons made out like bandits, there were some very nice prizes indeed.

Friday at Vic's as good fun, nice to see some old TC'ers and meet some new ones. Special treat was meeting a few long time TC members for the first time. Always good to spend some time with our illustrious and enigmatic proprietor Hanford "HL" Lemoore (if that was really him and not of several look-alikes). Still, I have to say a personal highlight of the evening was meeting the infamous Koalacharms.

The Mai-Kai Gents put on a good show, and Emeryville Vic's was its usual first-rate operation. Specific kudos to Martin and Rebecca for their masterful raffling (?) efforts.

midnite

T

On 2005-04-02 11:34, midnite_tiki wrote:
Still, I have to say a personal highlight of the evening was meeting the infamous Koalacharms.

Wait Midnite, I met Kohalacharms, you met Maxifac! :D

SES, Alia and I were the lucky winners of your Tiki Bob's neckware. Alia loves wearing it- very classy!!

Polynesiac, we were also the lucky winners of your tiki! We love it and are thrilled to have it....it'll be going on a little adventure soon...

A huge mahalo to you both for the donations!

So who won the Benzart #57?

On 2005-04-05 14:32, Raffertiki wrote:
So who won the Benzart #57?

I did -- it's beautiful!

B

Congrats Cynfulcynner on winning # 57. I hope you like it. Wish I could have been there to buy my zillion raffle tickets. Even then I probably would have come home empty handed except for the great time with great peeps.

On 2005-04-06 09:16, Benzart wrote:
Congrats Cynfulcynner on winning # 57. I hope you like it.

I loved how you were able to integrate the wood grain into the piece. What kind of wood did you use?

Pages: 1 2 51 replies