Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Last Tiki-Ti night before they close for ~1 month: Sat 3/26

Pages: 1 12 replies

Heads up, everyone: Tiki-Ti is about to close for their annual spring vacation. This Saturday, 3/26, is the last night they'll be open until the re-open on Wednesday, April 20.

Beyond that, it just so happens that this Saturday is the last night of what Monica has dubbed The Craziest Mofo Plan Ever. It all starts on Thursday, when Monica flies to L.A. from Seattle, and we immediately drive out to Vegas for Sweetpea's Hooch & Smooch, spend the night at the Gold Coast, drive the next morning to the Burbank Airport, where we fly up to SF to catch the Trainwreck/Supersuckers/Rev. Horton Heat show, then the next morning we fly back to Burbank, make a visit to Tiki-Ti, then hit Hollywood and wrap the evening up at 101 Coffee Shop, then Monica flies back Sunday. Three cities in three days (technically, four cities for Monica). My God, it will be beautiful.

M

you iz sum sycho wommins!

V

I'll be at tiki ti that same night...(thanks god it didn't close before I come).
I'll be there at opening time (around 6PM I guess).

I'm going to try and make it too - Tiki Ti and then the Frolic Room, although Vrani, I'll probably miss you as I'll be in later.

TM

Probably be there around 6, then off to the Shag show...

Im gonna try to make it should be funn .

Posted: 2005-03-22 14:11

I'll be at tiki ti that same night...(thanks god it didn't close before I come).
I'll be there at opening time (around 6PM I guess).

I can just see Virani, waiting impatiently outside the various establishments he is going to visit, for them to open.

Humu, I really must try that someday. I am in awe.

And very annoyed that once again Tiki Ti will be closed right when I am in LA for the Film Noir Fest. It's Just Not Fair.

There really ought to be a sleazy old Tiki bar on Hollywood Boulevard. Boardner's doesn't quite cut it. Although it is...uh...interesting.

Sigh.

On 2005-03-22 13:00, mrsmiley wrote:
you iz sum sycho wommins!

Have tiki, Will travel?

Tiki babes on parade?

H

Ahhhhh... a divine evening, all around. Virani, I'm sorry we missed meeting you! I'm glad I know I'll get to meet you soon at the Crawl. Kevin & Jody, bless their ever-tiki-lovin' souls, gifted Sven & I with Pele mugs they'd been able to buy at Disneyland! (They said they literally weren't even hitting the shelf, that as they were brought out from the back, they were just handing them to eager buyers.) Monica really enjoyed herself, not that that was any surprise, everyone enjoys Tiki-Ti. When it was time for us to venture on to another stop for the night (Bar Marmont), Charlie offered to drive us there--in his Rolls Royce convertible! Deluxe!

My pics:
http://photo.humuhumu.com/v/crazymofo/hollywood/

Good god, what am I going to do with my Wednesdays? I miss Tiki-Ti already. :(

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

[ Edited by: Humuhumu 2005-09-23 15:08 ]

What, no pictures of the mug?

[i]On 2005-03-29 14:08, Humuhumu wrote:

Good god, what am I going to do with my Wednesdays? I miss Tiki-Ti already. :(

It will make the return all the more sweet. :)

Otherwise, Purple Orchid?

H

Yeah, I missed getting a pic of the mug. Purple Orchid, yes, and of course now we also have Lucky Tiki. Could use a visit to Bahooka now that I've finally found the one good drink on the menu, too. And, the Trader Vic's doesn't get nearly enough of my business, I need to take better advantage of that whole stumbling-distance-home thing.

Pages: 1 12 replies