Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

DJ Lee's Exotica Night at The Lucky Tiki, every Sunday starting April 3

Pages: 1 2 3 4 169 replies

D
DJLee posted on Tue, Mar 22, 2005 2:00 PM

Hey gang!

The Lucky Tiki is proud to present "DJ Lee's Exotica Night" at The Lucky Tiki every Sunday, beginning April 3.

I'll be spinning Exotica, lounge, surf, and all related every Sunday Night from 8:00 PM to 2:00 AM at The Lucky Tiki.

See you there!

"DJ Lee"

H

Hooray! I've been hearing rumblings about this for a while now, I'm excited to hear it's happening. This will be a fixture on my schedule, for sure.

H

YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS...there is a God afterall......

Ahhhhh. The perfect way to unwind after a busy Sunday!! I am SOOOOOOO there for the opening night!! Support this event!!!!!!

D

Sounds awesome, I'll be there on the 3rd for sure!

T

Where were you Mr. Lee on the 13th. when I was there unwillingly listening to heavy metal on the jukebox? :wink:

I'll see you all there next on May 15th, the day after Club Satisfaction!

TB

Don't worry Jab... The jukebox was reprogammed. No more Metal rap or crap.

This is good news, indeed! Knock 'em tranquil, Lee!

-Weird Unc

H

Jus' wanted to bump this up as a reminder to all that this starts this Sunday. I'll be just coming back from the SF Crawl, but I'm going to try to make it for this. I may not be able to swing it this time (boy, am I going to try!), but in future weeks this is likely to become part of my regular routine.

Wow. Drive (and play) safe, Humu! That's a HUGE weekend! If you make it, great!! If not, we'll see ya some other Sunday, for sure.

I will be there! :drink:

Tonight's the night! Let's pack the joint!

H

I think Q-tiki and I are going...see everyone there...:drink:

H

DJLee was great, music was perfect all night. Nice meeting PapeToaTane, and Vintagirl hope to see more TC people next week.

I figured a lot of people would be out of town for the SF Crawl. So yes, it was a rather laid back evening (which was fine with me). Our little group got the whole back booth to ourselves. Brought some newcomers with me too. (One of them happened to photograph Sven many years back for the LA Times magazine.) They quite enjoyed it. Also went to the Safari Room for dinner beforehand. (The catfish was quite good.)

Yep...it was a good time all around.

DJLee - you did a smooth job all night! Hiltiki, it was sure nice sharing those old "small-world" of Hollywood stories with you. Great time, good people, XLNT bar...what more can we ask for??

Oh....well, I guess for Mr. Denny's version of "Cubano Chant", eh, DJLee? :wink: I'll bring my vinyl copy next Sunday if I can find it! It was nice meeting Vintagegirl and her "posse", too. (Hope I spelled that right!)

H

Sorry I couldn't make it, guys... I was so pooped yesterday that I didn't even manage to get on my flight, I came back this morning instead. Looking forward to checking it out next week!

D

DJLee! Excellent Job! I thank you for playing some of Robert Drasnin's LP "Voodoo" LOVE IT! I am already making plans to be there next Sunday!

A BIG MAHALO to everyone who came out to support the first night of 'EXOTICA INTOXICA' with DJ LEE and SUZY at THE LUCKY TIKI!!!
It was truly a pleasure to meet all of you, and provide for your lucious libation needs. I hope you found the drinks, decor and music equally intoxicating!
We look forward to becoming your weekly tiki oasis in the valley!
Thank you again for your support. See you next Sunday!

H

For sure and thanks for the good drinks, and great music. Nice meeting you Atomikitty.

D
DJLee posted on Wed, Apr 6, 2005 2:37 PM

Thanks all for coming on Sunday! Looks like we're calling it two different names, I've been calling it DJ Lee's Night Of Exotica and Suzy's been calling it Exotica Intoxica! I think we should take a vote...

See you next Sunday, also drop by The Bigfoot on Wed nights and say hi!

Best from DJ Lee!

H

Ok, who is going tonight???? I will be there with Nantiki and Lulu see you there.

I'm sick! :( Even Suzi's mai tai's won't erase this sore throat! have fun!

Another fun night of exotica on the 10th. Thanks again DJLee! I saw Humuhumu there, but didn't get a chance to say hello, so...hello Humuhumu!

Well, shoot, I'm sorry I missed seeing you! Got a chance to talk to Atomic Cocktail, who I hadn't seen in a while, and hiltiki. A mysterious member of the tiki illuminati was there, too, but I think he prefers to run undercover. :wink: Didn't get enough of a chance to chat with Lee, but he was busy entertaining the troops. Suzy made me a very delicious drink called a Bossa Nova. Great crowd, great music, great drinks, great company, a great night.

H

Humuhumu. it was nice seeing you there, I had a great time as usual also. DJLee is the best. Hope to see more TCers there next Sunday.

I will be there tonight. Anyone who wants to join in on the jungle-fun is most welcome, indeed!

-Weird Unc

I shall be there as well. Probably 9:30 -10:00. I have a going-away party for friends earlier in the West Valley. Looking forward to meeing you, Unk. Couldn't make it to the b'day bash. Sounds like it was awesome!!

Another fine night at the L.T. Good crowd. Weirdunkletiki, fresh off his birthday bash, was there. So was Vintagegirl and the gang, Hiltiki and TWO daughters this time (my goodness, what a good gene-pool there, fellas!) Q-Tiki - and I'm sure a few TC regulars who I didn't meet! Suzi, true mixologist-artiste, behind the bar - and DJLee, layin' it down smooth and tropical as usual. Lee - please post that pic you took before I left! Sundays at the Lucky Tiki are not to be missed!

Another great night at the Lucky Tiki. Always a groovy yet laid back vibe going on there. We came to meet up with Weird Unc who was still recovering from Trader Vic's the night before. But was also pleased to run into Phantom Surfer, PapeToaTane, and Hiltiki among others once more. Suzanne, the bartender, was in top form last night too.

I'm looking forward to enjoying more of Lee's music & Suzy's mixology this evening -- who else is planning to make it tonight?

H

Looks like I can make it after all see you there.

Certainly going to give it my best shot!

H

Who is going???? I am there, with some friends....

T

I'll be there this Sunday night (5/15). Hope to see some of you there!

Arrrrrggghhh!! Wouldn't you know it?? The one weekend I'm out of town! Maybe next time, Brother Jab!! I met Martiki and wife at Tiki Ti last week, and they said I would enjoy meeting you! Carry the torch for the L.T. regulars, hiltiki!!

H

I will be there...

D
DJLee posted on Wed, May 11, 2005 3:32 PM

After working the Oasis we stayed in Palm Springs and had a great night and day of vacation. Sunday night Kristine and I got toasted on a bottle of Judd's wine (thanks Weird Uncle Tiki!) and watched TV. On Monday, went to Sheild's Date Farm (thanks to Otto for the suggestion,) drank a Date Shake and hit a bunch of thrift stores all over the desert (and did I ever score a stack of great records to spin at the Lucky Tiki!)

So I'll be back this Sunday the 15th, hope to see the regulars and some new friends from Tiki Oasis!

On 2005-05-11 15:32, DJLee wrote:
After working the Oasis we stayed in Palm Springs and had a great night and day of vacation. Sunday night Kristine and I got toasted on a bottle of Judd's wine (thanks Weird Uncle Tiki!) and watched TV. On Monday, went to Sheild's Date Farm (thanks to Otto for the suggestion,) drank a Date Shake and hit a bunch of thrift stores all over the desert (and did I ever score a stack of great records to spin at the Lucky Tiki!)

So I'll be back this Sunday the 15th, hope to see the regulars and some new friends from Tiki Oasis!

Verrrrrry tempting Brother Lee. But it would mean getting off the golf course in Las Vegas at 4:30 - spending the last hour or so with the 16 guys who will be there with me enjoying a few adult beverages - and hitting the road for a 10:30 - 11:00 P.M. Lucky Tiki arrival time. Not wise. I'll keep my Vegas room for the night and play it safe. Navigating to Pasadena from the L.T. on a "normal" Sunday is hard enough!!

D
DJLee posted on Wed, May 11, 2005 6:32 PM

Verrrrrry tempting Brother Lee. But it would mean getting off the golf course in Las Vegas at 4:30 - spending the last hour or so with the 16 guys who will be there with me enjoying a few adult beverages - and hitting the road for a 10:30 - 11:00 P.M. Lucky Tiki arrival time. Not wise. I'll keep my Vegas room for the night and play it safe. Navigating to Pasadena from the L.T. on a "normal" Sunday is hard enough!!

Pops, we wantcha safe, and DJLNOE will be at the LT for many, many Sundays so enjoy your game (and can you or a pally throw three bucks in a progressive slot for me?) Let's meet for dinner in Pasadena and maybe a drink at Bahooka!

So....who's going Sunday night?

I've got to hit this up.......it's practically in my back yard..........and being in the 'burbs.....that's absolutely incredible!

O.K. - who's going tonight????? :drink:

Fr. Scott - unofficial publicist for the Lucky Tiki and DJLee

The Mrs. and I, plus Jonpaul (Tiki Magazine photographer)and his girlfriend Marie, and possibly some other folks that I can't speak for.
A rare Monday holiday provides a great excuse to finally enjoy DJLee's music and see the Lucky Tiki.
So who's up for it?
Ran

K

im goin too, gonna grub sum bbq at hogley wogleys right down the street (its the best) first and then gonna head over there early see ya there....kirby

KIRBY

http://kirbysisland.com/

[ Edited by: kirby on 2005-05-29 11:59 ]

Back from the Lucky Tiki... hoooooooooo-boy Blasts-ville all the way!

Some of our Ilustrious Tiki Centralites. Including our founder.

Dj Lee sets the mood. Which in my case became quite blurry after my Mai Tais with secret ingredinents Hic....

See what I mean?!?

Kiiirby! Dude!!! Brah!!! You'll get the dry cleaning bill...

A drinks eye view.

A second Drinks eye view... is it getting dark in here?

Humu captures the evening.

Wahines!

The last thing I remember.... I think...

All in all, a great evening. Had a great time meeting more of the tc regulars and irregulars. Good conversations all around, fine drinks, great tunes, and some easy on the eyes wahines. What more could you want?

Dj Lee spun a great set, and endured my dj by proxy suggestions with tact and aplomb.

Good times... Good times...

H

This was my best time at the Lucky Tiki thus far! We had a great turnout, lots of fun folks, and as TG said, great conversations. I feel so fortunate to have such an immersive tiki joint so close to home. Hanford's got a bunch of pics on his camera, but he's not quite in the same rhythym that I am re: taking & uploading & posting. :wink: I'm just going to have to start bringing my own camera out to events again.

Humu underestimates me ....

Photos from Lucky Tiki

~Hanford

Are you guys at oppsite sides of the living room again?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 169 replies