Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

ebay: Beachin says: HELP ME get rid of da bums outa my studio! Pirate Mugs!

Pages: 1 2 64 replies

B

I'm givin' ebay another try. Put my favorite mug up for auction today.

I really do love this mug and know you all will, too. I just gotta sell him, cuz he's a drunken bum, but he's so cute!

I lowered the price cuz he got real drunk last week and I just want him to move out of my studio. Tired of his wicked ways! I'm sure he'll LOVE your Tiki Bar (but lock up the RUM!)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3970813219

http://www.kimberlypcoburn.com

[ Edited by: beachin on 2005-04-19 14:34 ]

B

I put another drunken bum up on ebay, too. Seems they were drinkin' buddies, and I couldn't kick one out and not the other.

You would think my studio is going to get quiet after gettin' rid of this scallywag, but he's got brothers.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3970814311

[ Edited by: beachin on 2005-04-19 14:31 ]

B

Yup...I done did anudda one. This guy is called Bradley, and he's named after--well--Bradley. (He's my brother and it looks just like him!)

I'm selling him. No reason. Just want to. (Because he's family--no--really!)

Bradley is fun to have around. He's great for nuts. He is nuts. Just go buy him. I'll be glad you did.

edit: auction ended...

[ Edited by: beachin on 2005-04-19 14:32 ]

B

Roundin' up the posse is my boy Bling Bling. Check it out, yo! He's got a gold tooth.

Inspired by the primarily ... er... ethnic college students with whom I aspire to improve my educational status, this tiki be representing, my brother.

Now come on' peeps. There is no way you can leave him sitting on my shelf. He's got personality, character, and apparent wealth. Just think how connected you will be with him on your side.

edit: sold

[ Edited by: beachin on 2005-03-31 15:36 ]

[ Edited by: beachin on 2005-04-19 14:32 ]

I just bid on the Pirate Mug. The ebay gods have been angry a me lately, but maybe I luck out this time.

B

What a nice fishy you are! Thank you! Apparently, you and somebody else both want one. I'll just sit back and watch. This is my first ever gosh-darnettt sale on this there new-fangled internet highway thingy.

Whooopeee!

B

Help me out, guys and gals! I broke the bank paying for my plane tickets to the Oasis and now have to pay for a room! The pirate mug will sell, but the other three don't even have a bid.

sad pathetic begging ensues...

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

D

Remember people usually get busy bidding in the last few minutes of an auction. Good luck.

B

Thanks DawnTiki. That's right...someone told me that before. I forgot. Forgive me? I promise to catch on and grow a thicker skin.

Beachin', I don't know how to tell you this, but have you ever considered that your style of ceramics, with it's bright colors and rough lines, does not appeal to the majority of the members in the Tiki community?

While the aesthetic of original Oceanic Art is so-called "primitive", the color palette tends more to the dark browns, greens and black, and the lines and forms are often elegant and smooth. This is even more the case in "Polynesian Pop", the 20th century re-interpretation of Oceanic Art.

This is not a dogma, variety is the spice of life AND art, but just a preference I noticed.

B

You know, I hadn't noticed that. I'll take it into consideration. If nobody has the taste for my art in this forum, I'd certainly be happy to hear their opinion. I still find that the people I've met in TC are wonderful people and artists.

Thanks for the advice.

B

On 2005-03-30 11:56, bigbrotiki wrote:

While the aesthetic of original Oceanic Art is so-called "primitive", the color palette tends more to the dark browns, greens and black, and the lines and forms are often elegant and smooth. This is even more the case in "Polynesian Pop", the 20th century re-interpretation of Oceanic Art.

Is this truly the opinion of all 3017 members of this community? I mean, I don't want to offend the group and if my art is found offensive to the popular opinion, I'm big enough to go away. I'm not likely to change my art, though, as that's not really an attractive option.

I appreciate the opinion. I really do. I just wonder if you speak for everyone. I don't know you, so I don't have a way to interpret your opinion. I value everyone, though, and would love to hear that from other members of the community.

I'm fairly new on the scene here, and have not met anyone in person yet. I will be attending the Oasis in May, and if I feel that I offend the general population there, then I think that our interests are too widely varied to be a member.

I have found some clique-ish comments in reading various threads across the board here and wonder if newcomers are more of an irritation to the old-timers. I don't know enough yet to find if that is just on isolated cases based upon members dealings with newbies.

I have been warned off of mentioning anything that doesn't concern Tiki. I just don't know what that means to the rest of you. If your views are similar to the 3016 others, then I truly am in big trouble in my attempt to fit in.

I'd be interested to hear from others in this regard, specifically from other artists who have been members of this community for more than 6 months.

I think BigBro was trying to give you constructive critisism, not dis you. And though I can think of a few more colorful items that are highly sought after (like the Steve Crane Bird bowl) the standard color schemes are more "earthy". For example, when I saw your pirate mug, I instantly perked up. I thought, "wow, cool mug!" and if you notice, thats the one thats being fought for on Ebay. Seriously, don't take it so personally. I remember my first college level art class and having to put up last nights homework on the big board... then the prof & the rest of the class tears it to pieces- but constructively. Same idea. Believe me, BigBro knows his stuff and he was, I'm sure, trying to help you into a direction that would get more people interested.

Don't you be going anywhere, just keep creatin'

-Z

Beachin,

I would never EVER discourage anyone from creating. In this world of hustle bustle and only doing things that move ones career forward, taking the time to make art is rare indeed.

Bigbro is one of the most diplomatic participants in this forum so if he is trying to inform you, you can rest assured that he is trying to do it in a way that is respectful of your feelings.

Although some people here can be a little too direct (I could be included) you will find that most folks subscribe to the credo "If you cant say anything nice, dont say anything at all".

What does that mean? It means that when you post pictures of your creations or are trying to PUSH something you have for sale and you dont get much of a response....Its likely that many Tiki Central members are not interested.

There is a forum for everyone and we are all happy that you are here with your positive and energetic attitude.

Although we do have a very wide variety in what people like decorating their homes with, MOST of us have a very narrow idea of what we think is Tiki. My mom and freinds try to buy me stuff for my home lounge but generally they miss the mark.

Your creations DO have the right theme (hula/pirates/etc) but they just dont have the "look" that many of us are seeking. I picture your creations in something more like a Hallmark store (that is not an insult). Cutesy, colorful, and animated.

I promise you this....When you do create something that strikes interest in this group, you will know it. We have many generous members who praise graciously and spend generously when the product hits their "sweet" spot.

Beachin-
Don't go anywhere we like you here and I especially like your Art!! I like it when artists post their work!! And variety is the spice of life!! Alot of the people here (including myself) like some of the aspects of Tiki that are more of a retro/vintage stuff. I agree with feeling Zombified - Bigbro was just giving you an opinion and was in no way trying to hurt your feelings or scare you away. Please keep posting!! And don't be scared to share your work!!
Later,
Spermy
P.S. I look forward to meeting you at Tiki Oasis!!

[ Edited by: The Sperm Whale on 2005-03-30 14:44 ]

B

Beachin, don't get all in a huff when someone offers constructive information. No one said anything Near to you Offending anyone. What was offered was an observation only given as friendly advice. Your work is different and very appealing to many people. BigBro has been ere a long time and is the well respected author of the BOT. Believe me when I tell you ha meant nothing malicious by his post.
Just trying to help.

Oh Ben, now I have to defend her: It's funny, but I didn't read her response as "gettin' all in a huff", I think when she said she would go away she meant it very matter of factly, not like a hurt kid, but just stating it.

I think her request for more opinions is very common-sensical, and her writing quite honest and straight forward. Sounds like she can take it.

B

Let me start by making an apology. I don't now or ever ever want to offend anyone. That's not my style. Not Big Bro or anyone else.

I appreciate all of your comments. I especially appreciate the honesty and support from a bunch of people who have never met me.

I am in awe of you all. I am in awe of a group of people who are so supportive of each other and their endeavors.

I am not in your group to sell to you. If none of you ever buy any of my art ever, I don't care about that.

I do want the opportunity to get to know you. If my art is something that's not your taste, that's ok, too.

I do have an investment that I need to back out of if the art isn't what you're all into. I appreciate an honest opinion, because as I said, I'm new. My trip to Oasis is costing me over $1000 the week before I graduate from college, and I'm pushing it to make it. I want to go because I want to meet people that I've been corresponding with here for a little while now.

Any of you who have been corresponding with me might remember that our family lives in poverty with no expendable income. Three of us are in college and the fourth attends in the fall. We don't own a car. It's just that $1000 is tough to come by, but I'm willing to spend it to meet you.

If the art isn't something people here are interested in, that will save me a LOT of trouble trying to figure out how to package and ship approximately 400 pieces of ceramics to California. I could better spend my energy and efforts in passing my final exams.

That doesn't mean I won't correspond. It just means that I know (and respect) your tastes.

I'm not knocking Big Bro's advice. It's valuable to everyone. If I were here specifically to sell my art to you all, then I would happily change my style to suit your purposes. I am here because we happen to share the same interests in the Tiki Culture.

Taste is very personal. It's individual. I would never disregard someone's opinion. If I sounded like that, then I'm sorry. I probably chose the wrong words. I never meant to come off as rude, insolent, or ungrateful.

As for your support, again I say that I am in awe. You are a very kind group of people who, from my experience so far, will walk across fire for your friends. I hope that someday, I will be one of those people. It the way I operate, and I admire the trait in others.

I hope that clears up any ruffled feathers, misunderstandings, or hurt feelings. I appreciate all of you, I really do.

B

On 2005-03-30 14:26, Feelin' Zombified wrote:
I remember my first college level art class and having to put up last nights homework on the big board... then the prof & the rest of the class tears it to pieces- but constructively. Same idea.

I think you hit the nail on the head. It's always hard to take constructive criticism even when you know it's dead-on. I have never in my career had any criticism, so this is a new experience for me. For what it's worth, I'm glad you interpreted it.

T

WOW - The Pirate Mug went for $28.00. I meant to bid, but was a little late. Please make more of those mugs. I think this is your best work. I was actually hopin' to win so I could drink my cocktails at Oasis out of this mug. I do hope you come to Oasis as I would like to meet you.

B

OK, maybe it was me who misunderstood, sorry about that.
In this world of art, if you're an artist, you want to 'Do your thing" and you also want to sell your art. What you do is take clues from what sells and lean more in that direction while easing off on the things that don't sell. Obviously TC likes your art and that also means that you won't sell everything as most of us have experienced.
You will find a happy medium and sell a lot of your art. I have faith in that. Just believe it and create what sells. You will really love the Oasis and I hope you sell a ton of art.

OK, that is all good and well guys, but I think what we owe her a.s.a.p. is an honest assessment of if she can ship ca 400 of the style of mugs she has offered here to the Oasis and expect to get her money's worth or not---it is crucial for her to know!

PS: Tiki Pug, maybe you should consider changing your signature before you say "I would like to meet you!" to an unknown lady, :wink: it makes for a funny combination...

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki on 2005-03-30 17:10 ]

T

Good catch BigBro... What I meant to say was "My lovley wife and I would like to meet you"

signature left off on purpose

B

On 2005-03-30 16:59, bigbrotiki wrote:
OK, that is all good and well guys, but I think what we owe her a.s.a.p. is an honest assessment of if she can ship ca 400 of the style of mugs she has offered here to the Oasis and expect to get her money's worth or not---it is crucial for her to know!

PS: Tiki Pug, maybe you should consider changing your signature before you say "I would like to meet you!" to an unknown lady, :wink: it makes for a funny combination...

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki on 2005-03-30 17:10 ]

Maybe I'll just bring the stuff with the earthy-type tones and leave the bright colors for the internet and ebay. That way, I don't pay to ship them, and we know what will probably move in Ca. That advice is crucial.

As far as the humping dog with the overture would have completely passed me by, but has me rolling on the floor!

TM

I feel a bit like Simon on American Idle (yeah I watch it, shut up!), but I have to be honest here. I agree with BigBro's initial post concerning this issue. In my own words, I like vintage style mugs (earthen tones, etc.) Your mugs have a very crude (not in a bad way), folk art feel to them and I'm sure there's a market out there for you. I'd be disingenuous if I told you I like the style, because it's not to my particular taste. Again, I like the vintage vibe. That isn't to say your stuff doesn't fit in. Tiki Farm does mugs that are in bright colors, and they wouldn't if it didn't sell. I have just recently started adding new kine mugs to my collection (mostly limited edition / bar specific), many of which are bright colors - Purple, blue, green, aqua. As others have said, the Pirate Mug is a great example of something that would do well with the folks here on TC and probably do well at Oasis, Hulilau, etc. I think the measuring stick as to how your goods will sell at Oasis is here on TC. If you've sold a lot to the folks here, then you may do well at Oasis. If not, maybe you won't.

Tiki Mugs, Vintage, Tiki Bars, Carved Tiki Poles, Apparel and more!
Everything Tiki at: http://www.bartiki.com

[ Edited by: Tiki Matt on 2005-03-30 17:59 ]

Nice stuff! I got me a steal on that Pirate mug, can't wait to see it in person. As far as colorful, you should see my Munktiki collection, a friggin' rainbow. Keep up the cool work please.

and what about Bosko's rough lines, and Steve Cranes bright colors? Your mugs remind me of both.

B

You are all amazing to me! Your comments are really causing me to think about what I do for a living!

As far as selling art, they should teach artists how to sell their art. They focus in college on how to make quality art, but nothing about marketing, demographics, or business techniques. I've checked out a book in the library to beef up on the holes in my education.

Prior to this I was a secretary for 20 years. I supported marketing directors, executives, and CEO's of Fortune 500 companies. Luckily, I watched and learned how the guys I supported conducted business. Unfortunately, none of them were self-employed or small business owners. This is all new to me.

You guys might be my current classroom on how to succeed as a "professional artist" vs a person who makes art. It's truly a different animal. One thing that I have learned tonight, is that I need to be more flexible. Another lesson is that I need to know what I want more: to support myself with my art or to make art just for my taste.

I have to really look closer at what my goals are for my studio. Believe me, you are all causing me to be honest with myself. That is something no instructor has ever done in my years in college. That is a lesson that (I think) is more important than any lesson in light, shading, or workmanship.

I appreciate the investment you are all making! It's a gift that will keep on giving.

B

On 2005-03-30 18:23, McDougall wrote:
Nice stuff! I got me a steal on that Pirate mug, can't wait to see it in person. As far as colorful, you should see my Munktiki collection, a friggin' rainbow. Keep up the cool work please.

I promise to keep making something! You are in Ft. Lauderdale? WOW! I told Benzart that my hubby and I are trying move out there. It's been my first choice destination for years.

Sure would be nice if I could deliver this in person instead of shipping it. Maybe someday, I come visit the mug at your tiki bar! :) I'm glad you got it. I know Raffertiki was bidding, but I didn't know others from TC were. Thanks a million for the kind words!

Can't believe noone bought "Bling Bling" can I get him also? Was away from computer earlier or I would of bid on them all. I think you should make what looks and feels good to you, not the mass market or anything else.

T

I agree with McDougall. If this is your style, and you enjoy making it, and they are selling, why try to change your style to emulate what has gone before? We already have vintage mugs, we already have Munktiki and Tiki Farm. Surely there is room for this new style of folk-art, colurful tiki mug? Who knows, it could be the next big thing! Then all you earth tone snobs will be lining up to get 'em!

D

Not judging here, just throwing some questions out...
Can or should you alter your creativity based on what's popular? We all know the general public are a bunch of lemmings, just waiting for someone to tell them what to like and what not to like. With no clue on how to think for themselves. If appealing to everyone and selling your wares to everyone
is your ultimate goal, then yes, you'll have to be bland and safe enough to appeal to the masses.
What are you looking to accomplish?

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2005-03-31 09:14 ]

Guys- All this philosophizing about mass market taste versus creative freedom is very nice, but what we should provide for "Beachin" right now is a cold hard look at if she will sell enough of her 400 mugs at Tiki Oasis.

The internet and global marketplace is a huge field where somewhere there is someone for every item. In contrast, the Tiki Oasis attendees will be comprised of very specialized, dedicated Tiki Fans that are spending lots of money on the trip, and will look very closely at what else they will spend money for.

I have advised many of today's carvers and mug makers on their work, and I am spending my time with this matter because I feel a certain responsibility. Maybe not directly, I do not know if Beachin even knows the Book of Tiki. But I have had quite a few other Tiki converts tell me things like "I quit my boring job and started carving Tikis because of your book" or "I was inspired to open a bar because of it." While it is very elating for me to hear that my work was the inspiration for life changing endavours, there is also some trepidation for that person's decisison like "Ooops, are you sure you did the right thing?" in the back of my mind.

Beachin is by her own statement in a financially tight situation. Will YOU take the responsibility and buy her mugs if she doesn't sell'em? No. Supportive positivism and noble thoughts on free creative expression won't pay the bills.

OK, I'll step up to the plate.
Bravo BigBro for having the nerve to say it like it is. Very brave and nice of you. Who wants to hear critisism no matter how constructive it's intended. Beachin know this first, I'm no artist, what I am about to say is just a consumers opinon based on seeing your website. Never having held one your pieces in my hand I don't know if they feel any different than how they appear to me from your images online.
K, here goes...
I like a few of your pieces, they have a sense of humor about them I really like. I also think they look like they might be a little cumbersome to handle. And maybe the ceramic texture might be a little too ruff on the lips to drink from. I guess thats what straws were invented for. But those are my own issues with mugs I personally like to use. I am also one of the folks that like the more subtle earthtone types of mugs. I do like your volcano bowl and the ultra-white big nippled wahine, but with the 195.00 price of the bowl there is just no way I will buy it, not at Oasis at least (not that they aren't worth every penny). It's price is way outta my league. So my answer is No. Not that I wont ever buy one, but I have passed by too many other artists for far too long and have my big $$ items already planned out. I still say stay true to your vision. ~ Sincereley ~ CheapAss DawnTiki

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2005-03-31 13:09 ]

I would be interested in knowing how many of the vendors who sell at these events really make bank at them. I may be wrong but, I always thought selling at events was more promotional than anything.

B

In an aside, Benzart gave me some wonderful insight into the reality of marketing art. I just wanted to share my reply with others who might be in the same boat as I find myself.

I have read about this "catering to your market" in other forums of which I am a member. The general consensus seems to go along with exactly what you state. Know your target market.

What I originally said about not wanting to change my style was possibly a little misinterpreted. While I made some strong statements, it comes on the heels of some very deep soul-searching in reference to my goals for my art business.

It will be crucial to know my market, particularly if I am attempting to sell to TC people. I have to know their likes and dislikes, so all of these opinions are important to my business. They will help me decide in which direction to take my art in the future.

Another aspect, though, has been brought out in the thread. That is whether or not to follow the fad or "create" the fad. When I first began designing Tiki, I was inspired by BigBro's book (which is dog-eared, covered in clay and glaze, and pretty beat up by now) and then used that as a jumping-off point to create in my style as my talent required. I think anything else might be a watered-down copycat of the type of art that I can achieve.

The most important learning point for me is what Benzart stated: make what you don't love to make money, then use the money to make what you love. I think that there is a balance that must be learned in that endeavor. In ceramics, the common complaint is that so much time must be devoted to the "best-sellers" and very little time remains for the genuine art.

I just don't want to be like everybody else, as that would be a waste of my creativity, talent and (in my opinion) selling out. Then I would be a slave to the fashion instead of a creator. I want to be a creator.

A special thank you, Benzart for the insight. I value your wisdom, and appreciate all of you that are taking the time to enlighten me. I mean that most humbly.

Another to BigBro who has kept it real and posed some challenging questions. Reality can be tough, and the business sense of the deal is something to be reckoned with. You have been around the block a time or two, and what you have learned is important. There no sense in any of us re-creating the wheel.

In order to assist others who might stuggle with these decisions, I'm posting this. I think this discussion has been very healthy not just for me but applies to all artists. The high integrity and questions of value of art is something we can all share, whether we are painters, carvers, ceramicists, or musicians. I am certainly not one to back down from lessons to be learned. I hope that I'm still learning the day I die.

Furthermore, DawnTiki and PurpleJade have discussed another aspect of the Oasis.

PJ and I spoke about possibly getting together and try to determine what pieces I can take and what pieces I can leave at home. As she's been to Oasis before, she had some of the same ideas that DawnTiki mentioned.

One of those is that there won't be much expendable cash on-hand that isn't earmarked for --er--alcohol beverages--and general bawdiness (of which I sincerely plan to partake). Knowing that, I will endeavor to travel to CA to meet and greet, create goodwill, and invest some of my time into all of the fine people with which I have had the pleasure of corresponding.

If nothing sells, then I haven't lost much. From what PJ said, most people don't see their investment at Oasis or any of the other big shows. It is a great place to advertise, network, and get good and drunk.

I'm looking forward to all of it, really.

As far as the expensive stuff. DawnTiki is in the majority. I have to charge the high prices for some of that because the materials are so damn expensive. I have only sold a few of those and the people who buy them have money coming out of their asses. What they do with their money is their business, and if they want to spend it on my art, I won't stop them. I don't expect the average patron to go for those prices. I can't, however, be flexible with some of those.

For my part, I can't ever see me paying what some people pay for art. Most of the time I trade art to build my collection. The barter system is cheap and fun and exposes me to other mediums that I can learn about.

For all of you, your each and every one valuable to me. Your comments are a selfless investment you are all making on my behalf and I am so very grateful.

B

On 2005-03-31 10:31, bigbrotiki wrote:
Guys- All this philosophizing about mass market taste versus creative freedom is very nice, but what we should provide for "Beachin" right now is a cold hard look at if she will sell enough of her 400 mugs at Tiki Oasis.

BigBro...will it put your mind at ease to know that upon the suggestions of yourself and many others, I will NOT be lugging 400 pieces to Oasis? I've already bought the tickets, but will not be investing any more money to make the trip. I don't want you to worry too much about the financial aspects, because this discussion has saved me a LOT of grief (and money).

I will bring a few items on the plane with me and leave the others at home. I'm definately bringing a few pirate mugs with me. As for the others, PurpleJade and I talked extensively last night about the logistics of selling at Oasis. She's offered to help me with that.

You taking the time with this is quite nice. Yes, I know your book (don't we all?) and yes it was an inspiration. I became an artist though for so many reasons, and was introduced to BOT by my ceramics instructor who saw my art and thought I might share the same interests. It's a very nice collection you have published there, and it's enjoyable to peruse.

I doubt you meant to spark such a topic with your advice on my art, but don't you agree that it's been a nice experience? And rest assured, the knowledge I've gained will help my financial situation. I know now what to expect.

Stress less. Worry more about that poor guy running a Tiki Bar without a clue. Scary, huh?

thinking out loud here,which allways seems gets me in trouble with some in here (insert big smile here) two words "limited production" TD

but really now ,make what sells so you can make what you like. TD

T

Beachin - bring as many of the pirate mugs as you can. Fridays's theme (at Oasis) is Pirate's Ahoy. I fully believe you could sell all of those. I want to buy one, so save a mug for me.
Thanx

B

I don't know, Pug. I might just have to put a dog humping a pirate on yours!

"If we followed your warning signs
Children would swim alphabetically
Mountaintops would all fall in line
Single-file by height
If this was the only way, daydreaming would stop at 5 o'clock
And the programmed corner newsies flashes off from left to right

Lies, lies
You don't always get your way

Saturday, slow to wake, Bugs Bunny love
Thought those people would never go home, guess it's the price we pay
If everyday were Saturday
Oh, most people couldn't even go it alone

Lies, lies
We don't always get our ways

Oh, and it's time, time to sleep
Nightdreaming starts with hands held high
Maybe then we'll finally turn it on
Like a brand new TV

Lies, lies
We don't always get our ways
Turn it on
Turn it on
Gentle
Fragile"

-Widespread Panic

On 2005-03-31 12:40, DawnTiki wrote:
I would be interested in knowing how many of the vendors who sell at these events really make bank at them. I may be wrong but, I always thought selling at events was more promotional than anything.

It's a pain in the ass and you don't make shit!!! Long hours. And, everyone else that isn't vending gets to have all the fun cruzing around. Welcome to the world of vending. Just my 2 cents. It's all a gamble. You never know. You could be eating filet and lobster that night or, top ramen.

p.s. Thanks Sven. Your god damn book fucked it all up!!

It's Thursday right?? LOL!!! underbergs and douple bocks!! Yee ha!

B

Just think how much lobster I could have eaten if I had decided not to go to Oasis. I'm in though. I get the iffy-ness of the whole deal now.

Worse case scenario, I don't bring enough, run home and mail out a shitload of mugs within 36 hours Oasis. I'm up for that.

"Worry more about that poor guy running a Tiki Bar without a clue. Scary, huh?"

That reminds me what has swanky been doing lately. Just kidding, this post has been very useful and informative. I am working on becoming a potter also and all these posts have been watched closely, you might remember the trademark one last year I posted on and learned a great deal from. How do we get a pirate mug from you?

B

Ok...by request.

On the front page there's a button to click to the Pirate Mug for sale. If I sell out, I'll have a week's turnaround time.

If I sell out, I will kiss you all at Oasis! Hell, I'll even kiss pug's dog!

T

I just purchased two of the pirate mugs. Yeah!! My pugs love to kiss back(among other things obviously), so it's a date.

Vegas BABY!

[ Edited by: TikiPug on 2005-03-31 21:54 ]

B

I'm bringin' my extra-special gravy-train-flavored lip gloss and bacon-flavored breath spray. But NO HUMPING ALLOWED!

Pages: 1 2 64 replies