Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Recipe: The Ukulele

Pages: 1 9 replies

P

I went to a place called St. Bart's Island House the other night... and they had 25 top shelf rums including Zaya, Plantation, Coyopa and Ron Zacapa.

I had them run through their other ingredients so that I could get a decent mixed drink with dinner.

We came up with a pretty good concoction of 1 shot grapefruit - 1 shot passion fruit nectar (not syrup) - 1.5 shots Plantation Rum and a half a shot of Licor 43 topped off with a squeeze of lime.

The bartenders all tasted it and asked it's name - I told them to call it The Ukulele.

They were all eager that I come back to teach them how to make more drinks. I may be onto something here thirsty Floridians. Next weekend, I intend to go there with a tropical mug (probably not a tiki one but bamboo or palms or something) some orgeat, some passion fruit syrup, some falernum and some fresh mint.

I've known the owner of the place for quite some time as this was the place I took the Amber Love Goddess for our first date back when it was a French Restaurant.

Could it be that we too, as Tampons, might possibly have a place to go out and get a real drink? I'll do my best.

watch out theyll probably hire you. thanks for the recipe. aloha

DZ

If they've got Licor 43 on hand (most places don't), be sure to introduce them to the "Beachbum's Own" (from Intoxica!), one of the best drinks I've ever tasted!

P

Yes indeed, Beachbum's Own, (which I call Beachbum Zone) is one of my favorites. In fact, I think I'll make a batch for this Thursday's Lagoon Lounge Jam V.

Should go good with the Curried Sea Stew and Pipi Stew I'm going to make.

M

Hey pablus,

Thanks for the info -
Can you please post a street address on this place? I'd like to go check it out.

Muchos mahalos.

On 2005-03-28 06:16, pablus wrote:

Yes indeed, Beachbum's Own, (which I call Beachbum Zone) is one of my favorites. In fact, I think I'll make a batch for this Thursday's Lagoon Lounge Jam V.

Should go good with the Curried Sea Stew and Pipi Stew I'm going to make.

Why a Thursday? Do you Tampons start your weekends earlier than us in Zero-Lando?

S

And why is this not on the Tiki Events calendar! I have missed my chance to book a flight and get the day off work! Arrrr!

J
JTD posted on Tue, Mar 29, 2005 1:29 PM

Why indeed!

P

The place is on Howard just north of Bayshore.
St. Bart's Island House.

I doubt they'll know what a "Ukulele" (drink) is unless you describe it and get the same bartender... but I always ask if a place has orgeat or passion fruit syrup. Just to get it into people's minds.

BTW - the Mai Tai Mahi (or was it Black Grouper) is a killer dish

As far as the Lagoon Lounge Uke Jam V - Uhhhh - I don't know why I didn't post it - it's only been in the works for a week, so maybe that's it. Got a buddy in from Iraq I want to drown in rum and music.

Uke Jam VI won't be far away, you can bet on that.

I want to have a TC-centered party but want to wait until summer, (late April - mid-May) so we can swim. My pool stays cool all year round from the shade.

Pablus,
Set a date so we can plan. I hope to be splitting bamboo for the Honolulu Lounge in late April (I'm still waiting for windows), but I'll probably need a break.
KG

Pages: 1 9 replies