Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

THIS WEEKS: Royal Announcement

Pages: 1 24 replies

T

I hereby declare Wheat Thins to be the prince of all crackers.

(I did an extensive search on this topic prior to posting.)

[ Edited by: Tiki_Bong on 2005-04-18 09:22 ]

M

Excellent search work Bong. I'm surprised this topic hasn't come up before.

Who else dost thou nominate to thee cracker court?

Hey I had wheat thins for dessert last night! No fooling! Tasty little buggers.
-Tw

T

I fondly remember the first time I tasted the cracker of royalty in 1974.

At the time, my step-uncle was a controller for Castle & Cooke. As an executive he received 2 weeks in a private house on a then secluded area of beach owned by Castle & Cooke on O'ahu's north shore.

I went with him and my father and step-mother for my first trip to the islands.

The first night the house wasn't ready so we stayed at the Reef Towers in Waikiki. I saw Rip Torn at Trader Vic's at the International Market Place; downed my dad's booze; downed my step-mother's wine; smoked my uncle's pot. Life was good. The next day we headed to the north shore.

It was a sweet early 1900's house right on the beach. The caretaker was an elderly man that told us he was standing on those very grounds and saw the Japanese planes fly over to bomb Pearl Harbor.

It was a secluded area; As far as I could see up or down the coast, not a sole.

Learned to play dominos; drank my dad's booze; drank my step-mothers wine; smoked my uncle's pot.

BUT, the second day - someone bought the prince of crackers - WHEAT THINS, and I became an ardant subject.

(and they were GREAT for the munchies!)

On 2005-04-07 13:04, Tiki_Bong wrote:
I saw Rip Torn at Trader Vic's at the International Market Place...
Ok, this is a rabbit trail from a Bilge topic but I had to share this - I just learned two weeks ago that Rip Torn is HIS REAL NAME!!!

An elderly friend of my mom was talking about, "[her] UT roomate Carrie [or something] Torn, you know, Rip Torn the movie star's sister, and..."

"WAIT, WAIT, WAIT!! You're telling me that's his real name?!? I always thought it was a bad movie star name, like Dash Riprock!!"

"Oh, I hadn't even thought about that - like "rip" and "torn" - why yes! I see. That is rather funny."

It felt like I was living the Monty Python skit where Cleese and Idle have the exchange when Idle introduces himself as "Nigel Smokestoomuch" and Cleese jokes, "Oh, better cut down then!" Idle responds in such a way that we realize he's never heard that joke before and he laughs at his own name for the first time! How could this woman not have realized how weird/stupid/fabulous Torn's name was?????

I swear, she wasn't pulling my leg.

Ok, back to our regularly scheduled program about Wheat Thins, Prince of Crackers (do we have to change the name of the cracker to a glyph now? "The Cracker Formerly Known as Wheat Thin"?)

I confess that I've eaten generic Wheat Thins from Kroger ("Wheat Squares"?"Wheat Crisps"?) I know - Traitor!!!!!

wheat thins are all about the sandy duncan.

T

On 2005-04-07 15:31, Johnny Dollar wrote:
wheat thins are all about the sandy duncan.

I don't like it when the duncan gets sandy. I makes my little Elvis sore...

UB

On 2005-04-07 09:37, Tiki_Bong wrote:
I hereby declare Wheat Thins to be the prince of all crackers.

You da "prince of all crackers". You big dummy!

I love my wheat thins so much that I let them cavort with the tikis. And in a silly hat even!

In English..

And also in French for our frog speak brethren.

Wheat Thins are Norm's favorite food!

Meow!

"The Gismow" says "Wheat Thins are better than Milk Bones! YEAH!!"

Joe Flynn says,

"Imperial Margarine, fit for a King!"

You can watch the commercial here

If Wheat Thins are "The Prince of Crackers" (which I agree whole-heartedly with), then what brand is "The Queen of Crackers"?

Would Ritz crackers be the cousins with a still in the backyard?

On 2005-04-08 22:05, ZebraTiki wrote:
If Wheat Thins are "The Prince of Crackers" (which I agree whole-heartedly with), then what brand is "The Queen of Crackers"?

Would Ritz crackers be the cousins with a still in the backyard?

Ritz are good. But the queen of crackers is in my white-trash opinion the Saltine cracker.

Tiki Bong........Rips!

On 2005-04-08 22:05, ZebraTiki wrote:

Ryvita must be the bastard offspring that gets hidden in the tower for 80 years.

(If it's unavailable in North America - be pleased. It tastes like chipboard)

Trader Woody

P
pablus posted on Sat, Apr 9, 2005 1:44 AM

Last night, I munched a few of the Prince of crackers while watching a bit of telly about Charles and his forthcoming wedding.

It made them taste ever so much more regal.

The crackers, I mean.

[ Edited by: pablus on 2005-04-09 01:45 ]

Okay, where do Cheezits fit into the family?!?

ARRRR...hardtack is all these blood-thirsty scallawags will be gettin' tonight!

Oxygen is the prince of gasses.

(Hydrogen is by FAR King; Argon blows!)

So does that make nitrous oxide the Court Jester?

On 2005-04-18 15:50, purple jade wrote:
So does that make nitrous oxide the Court Jester?

Not bad, not bad at all. I think you and I can bust this town wide open with stand up like tha t!

T

Methane stinks!

T

T

Helium thinks it's above it all.

Trustar

T

Hydrogen, it's da bomb!

"Not enough coffee yet"
Trustar

Pages: 1 24 replies