Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Tiki Diablo's Dr. Jibaro in stock

Pages: 1 2 3 118 replies

So I will post some pics of new merchandise I have coming out. Some tiki mug firsts and .... well. Any other folks show your stuff too if you are so inclined. Good times, good times.

Here's my first lidded mug ever, Hope y'all like it. This is what I did with myself instead of going to the crawl. boohoo

Ok folks, this Marquesan Bowl is another Diablo first . I'll be bringing this one to Oasis as well . A highly detailed ceramic bowl with an resin three tiki- headed base. Sheck it out and hope y'all like it.

panga panga sculpt. Sorry folks, forgot to post pics

I have some T's for Oasis that will be available for guys and girls in some tasty colors. The T's will/do coordinate with my mugs.
I'll have a mug update and even give y'all a sneak peek of the secret mug "TAMBU" made frome a six piece mould!

So here it is!

[ Edited by: Tiki Diablo on 2005-05-11 09:47 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Diablo 2005-10-18 20:36 ]

T

sweeeeet! Is this going t be an Oasis only mug or will the unfortunates also have a chance? :)
I am definately down for one of these!

[ Edited by: turbogod on 2005-04-10 16:42 ]

S
Swanky posted on Thu, Apr 7, 2005 3:00 PM

Is there a straw hole in there, or maybe you put the straw down in his hair?

D

:o GASP! You really are "THE" Tiki Devil! Looks like I'm gonna have a new favorite mug!

No Kidding!

Save one of those for me Danny, I'll buy it from you as you unload your truck at Oasis.

Sabu

T

Holy sutured lips, Batman! That looks amazing! When, where and how much???

K
Kono posted on Thu, Apr 7, 2005 4:39 PM

Oh yeah, that's a MUST HAVE. Please, please don't make it be an Oasis Exclusive. Where do I sign up?!?!

M

That is a GREAT mug. Count me in for one at Oasis!

M

Wow.

exactly, yow!

What a mug! Nice work!

N

Hey Danny that mug is the koolest. I cant make oasis, but i want one, is there any way to get one. Please let me know i have to have it. Thanks and keep those mugs coming.

HH

so dats da wun you was talking about... Beautiful.. I must make it to Oasis to obtain this mug.

B

Damn!!!!! That is one cool drinking vessel. We be wantin' one. Looks like Danny's gonna be done vending in the first 15 minutes.......

B

Really Nice chiki, I Love it. Nice job on the moko.

Howdy peeps. Thanks so much for all the props and interest.This mug will not be an Oasis exclusive. I am picking glazes right now and getting ready to show another tiki vessel here on TC. I am dialing in a price for this as well. This mug will have real twisted and braided cord sewn through his eyes and lips! Dr Jibaro is a chap who will keep all of your drunken secrets and sins to himself.
The mugs full name is "Dr. Jibaro The Retired Head Hunter". A tiki mug first I believe is that my mugs come from fictitional tiki bars or exotica establishments. The good Dr. was the "former" owner of El JIBARO JAI ALAI before... well, we know what happened to him.

Holy crap! That's stunning.....
Is Benzart an influence on that?

Too cool.

Trader Woody

TM

It's all been said already....Excellent Danny! Save one for me at Oasis!

Holy Macumba!! That mug kicks ass! Reminds me of the Taboo 2 album by Arthur Lyman. Kinda Scary eh? Please save one for me at the Oasis too!! I have a feeling they are going to go quick! How many are there anyway Danny?

Jeff

[ Edited by: Jeff Central on 2005-04-08 20:29 ]

Wow - that is an amazing piece... I'm floored. Danny is a good sculptor/artist and I'm appreciative to have helped take him to market. In an earlier unrelated post on eBay he mentioned that he was here to "shake up the Tiki mug world" with an eBay launch to which I overreacted on another post. However, as a supporter of artists of Tiki arguably more than all other producers combined and by working for years to bring you reasonably costed mugs from them (especially so more than any of my contemporaries), I can no longer support his energies with such a post. What I do and who I support - it's what pays my rent, mortgage, worker's comp, etc. At this point and with such a blatant and imho unthoughtful post, Danny's TF mugs are retired but I wish him the best of success. So find 'em and buy 'em 'cause they're gone.
Mahaloz,
Holden

Danny-
Count me in as well!!! That mug is just what I need!!!

On 2005-04-08 22:26, smogbreather wrote:
Wow - that is an amazing piece... I'm floored. Danny is a good sculptor/artist and I'm appreciative to have helped take him to market. In an earlier unrelated post on eBay he mentioned that he was here to "shake up the Tiki mug world" with an eBay launch to which I overreacted on another post. However, as a supporter of artists of Tiki arguably more than all other producers combined and by working for years to bring you reasonably costed mugs from them (especially so more than any of my contemporaries), I can no longer support his energies with such a post. What I do and who I support - it's what pays my rent, mortgage, worker's comp, etc. At this point and with such a blatant and imho unthoughtful post, Danny's TF mugs are retired but I wish him the best of success. So find 'em and buy 'em 'cause they're gone.
Mahaloz,
Holden

Cool brother. Good luck to you too.

S

Danny- unbeleivable!, Put us down for one of those bad boys, you have outdone yourself on this one.

Yo Danny,
Great mug, very cool! Dude you've got my support, I'll be in line with everyone else to buy one of those mugs. Hope you've got a few.

-stuckie

Top notch as usual! YOu better save one for me man --

K

Dang! That's dang cool. Put me on the list too!

DBH

Hey Danny, Awesome sculpt on da mug brudda. I know you'll be hookin me up phat on da Sweeeet head mug.... Say Bro, did you piss in Holden's Cherrios?...LOL....I never saw the posts that started things off on the wrong foot but I think the marriage is over.. Well my friend and friends this is my first post at Tiki Central so I'll try to end it with a great quote: CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG! Rodney King 05/02/92

[ Edited by: Da Big Haole on 2005-04-11 18:52 ]

[ Edited by: Da Big Haole on 2005-04-11 18:55 ]

[ Edited by: Da Big Haole on 2005-04-11 18:57 ]

[ Edited by: Da Big Haole on 2005-04-11 18:58 ]

[ Edited by: Da Big Haole on 2005-04-11 19:01 ]

T

Yeah, weird that this sounds like the tail end of some conflict we weren't privy to. Seems kind of rude to bring it up here in public, whatever the issue may be between them.

S

Man! That bowl is the coolest thing I have seen in ages! I don't buy new mugs very often, but there is nothing I would rather have. VERY nice!

That mug is awesome, please put me on the list if there is one.

This is so cool, there's going to be at least two shrunken head type mugs coming out this year. I believe Tiki Farm is still working on one by another one of our TC Ohana (whose name is oddly eluding me right now).

How did I miss this post?

If there's a list, sign me up. I don't wanna miss out on this one.

-Z

Please put me on the list, too!

T

I live in Michigan :{

MT

Yeah, those are sweet! You can put my name on the list as well, if there is a list.

H

Must...have...the bowl.

Danny, sign me up fer one of each..
have Stef contact me for info.
Mahalo-

K

Danny,

I'll take one of each when they are ready!
Thx,

Kanaka

Count me in, too.

K

ah, hell you can count me in for one of each as well once they are made. The bowl is awesome, great detail.

i still have nightmares to this day that i stupidly passed up mucumba, and the outrigger bowls at hukilau last year ,so i promised myself any new tiki diablo mugs that were released, i would do everything i could to get them.........PLEASE let me know when these will be available for us NOT in california, and let us know if you will be vending at exotica and hukilau (i pray youll be at both)........

On 2005-04-11 09:36, hala bullhiki wrote:
i still have nightmares to this day that i stupidly passed up mucumba, and the outrigger bowls at hukilau last year ,so i promised myself any new tiki diablo mugs that were released, i would do everything i could to get them.........PLEASE let me know when these will be available for us NOT in california, and let us know if you will be vending at exotica and hukilau (i pray youll be at both)........

I'll be at all events this year selling my wares and having a good time(no hurricanes). Duke and I have struck a deal and we have been working on the official event mug for EXOTICA.

Now for the mugs on this thread,thanks again guys for the support. I really mean it. Stuckie check your PM's.
Stephanie is forming a list of all here that have expressed interest in our new mugs and bowls. The list is in the order received between this thread, pm's, emails and phone calls. I think this is the fairest way possible for all.

I will have all styles of my mugs for sale at Oasis V including:
1.HAWAIIANO (both colors)
2.MACUMBA! (coasters too)
3. PANGA PANGA (this is a sales debut)
4. DR.JIBARO
5. THE MARQUESAN BOWL

1. And yes,..... Tiki Diablo has something up his sleeve! I have not seen this tiki done as a mug before, so I hope y'all like it.

thanks TC peeps!

I sent ya a PM about The Bowl & Dr. Jibaro. They'll have a place of honor next to my Macumba!

J
Jawa posted on Mon, Apr 11, 2005 10:43 AM

Und me as well, I want to be on the list!

(I really need to start building a place for all these mugs, sheesh!)

S

I want them all!

T

AWESOME!!!! The lid for the shrunken head is awesome, great idea. The bowl... straight out of an archeological dig from Fatu Hiva. And as for mystery mug #6 at Oasis,.... ha ha, I may be one of the few who knows what it is, and It's gonna be the GNARLIEST Mug probably made to date. No need bringing a booth to Oasis, just the boxes of presold mugs, then in the pool with Crazy Al.

On 2005-04-11 13:50, tikitony wrote:
And as for mystery mug #6 at Oasis,.... ha ha, I may be one of the few who knows what it is, and It's gonna be the GNARLIEST Mug probably made to date.

I need to chime in on Mystery Mug #6 as well. This one is definitely OFF THE HIZZY, YO! Danny is definitely making his mark and taking mug designs to the next level.

K
Kono posted on Mon, Apr 11, 2005 4:45 PM

Hey, my reply up there on the first page is for the bowl as well and the Panga and everything else you ever come up with from here on out! :wink:

K

Bowl! Yes, I want the bowl too (as well as the Dr.)!

Oh, yeah! I, too, want the mug and the bowl!

And anything else that you're serving up!

Pages: 1 2 3 118 replies