Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Shecky Mug

Pages: 1 32 replies

Where can I get a Munktiki Shecky mug?

T

Thanks turbo!

I just ordered my Shecky Mug! Thanks guys! I figured you couldnt get them anymore.

Yay! I got my Shecky mug today...it's awesome guys...if you don't have one, order one now! :sheckymug: :sheckymug: :sheckymug:

I got mine last week! It is awesome!

:tiki:

Maybe the Tiki Central Store should sell Shecky? Or maybe, Munktiki can design another mug just for Tiki Central...perhaps through a mug designing contest...what does everyone think about this?

C

I missed the first contest and would definately submit an idea(s) for a new mug. What self respecting tiki artist wouldn't leap at a chance for his art to be imortalized as a mug and then passed down through the ages to tommorrows tikiphiles. You never know it might even become a collectors item and sold on ebay for millions in the future. I would buy one.

Chongolio

R
Reever posted on Thu, Nov 7, 2002 9:10 PM

Or maybe, Munktiki can design another mug just for Tiki Central...perhaps through a mug designing contest...what does everyone think about this?

I LOVE this idea. Not sure how the Munktiki crew feels about it, but if they're in, I'll start sketchin! Everybody's a winner!

By the by, are the Munktiki folks members Tiki Central members? I assume they are, since they used TikiFish's design for Shecky, but I'm new in these here parts!

T

Yeah,
Stuckie is. He hasn't posted in a while though. u/n stuckieshaft or something like that.

Or maybe, Munktiki can design another mug just for Tiki Central...perhaps through a mug designing contest...what does everyone think about this?

Shecky was designed just for Tiki Central - through a mug designing contest. The mug is even marked as such.

*** * * The Polynesian Popster * * ***

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2002-11-08 10:09 ]

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop 2013-02-05 09:58 ]

T

Yeah I agree with Pop, ONE mascott per bb group should be the quota.

I wouldn't want to take anything away from my Shecky... he is special!

T

I just got my Shecky mug and it might be my favorite mug yet. I'm not a serious mug collector, I just buy what appeals to me from a design standpoint. I'd never thought much about collecting mugs as ceramic sculptures til I saw the Munktiki stuff. I just wish they would sell the eBay stuff elsewhere, where it might be affordable. On the other hand, they really are limited edition works of art and they deserve to be compensated as such.

As for a new design contest, I'm all for it! It doesn't have to be a TC mascot, just a cool new Munktiki mug. I'd definitely participate in such a contest.

I've had large scale artwork on display at the Houston Space Center, which has been my career highlight. But a Munktiki mug potentially designed by me might be even better. :)

S

Awesome mug!

A must have for every Centralite! Just got mine today. Shecky is an awesome mascot and the TC logo on the back of the mug is perfect.

Get yours now while the gettin' is still good!

D

I just ordered mine, can't wait...

M

The world of Tiki is full of surprises. A little shop here in Portland, (Gallery Bink)
which is practically walking distance from my house, sells Munktiki mugs over the counter. I bought the really tall Super Tiki Deluxe yesterday and felt a little less isolated from the mainstream of tikidom.

Another contest is possible, maybe sometime next year though. We are way too busy right now to do custom stuff.
I imagine that if there was to be a new contest it would be a much bigger event considering the amount of people here now.
I dont think shecky is in any danger of being ousted by a new tiki central mug. His postion is pretty much set in my opinion.
anyways talk it all over, if enough people are interested I will help out again.

Later
-stuckie

On 2002-11-08 11:17 Tikibot Said:

As for a new design contest, I'm all for it! It doesn't have to be a TC mascot, just a cool new Munktiki mug. I'd definitely participate in such a contest.

Now, this makes more sense to me. I know that Munktiki comes up with some cool designs on his own but I'm sure the creative folks here at Tiki Central can come up with some cool designs to add to his line. Maybe the mug can be named after the design winner's user name.

S

On 2002-11-10 16:34, PolynesianPop wrote:
Maybe the mug can be named after the design winner's user name.

Excellent idea!

T

Yeah great idea, now when I win the contest the mug's gonna be called "tikimug"??

I knew I should of picked a cooler username. :-?

by the way I have a cat named kitty

tikimug,
You have a point! If I won the contest the mug would be named..."Polynesian Pop"? That sounds more like a soft-drink!

*** * * The Polynesian Popster * * ***

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2002-11-11 13:39 ]

S

True...but really what are the chances of either of you winning?
:D

R

Hey hey... easy there folks. Let's not get nasty. We're all rowing the same outrigger here!

I can picture a Baxdog mug with a little poem on the back
This Baxdog mug is not for the faint at heart
To many drinks will blow you apart
I thought by drinking I could get smart
Now I push around this stupid shopping cart
Mr. Deeds would be proud?

T

Personally, I'm looking forward to licking the rim of Hanford Lemoore.

R

Wow. THAT's how you cap off a thread!

Fish, you're a treasure.

Baxdog, are you sure thats not your epitaph?

:tiki:

T

On 2002-11-12 06:46, tikifish wrote:
Personally, I'm looking forward to licking the rim of Hanford Lemoore.

So is Hanford!!!

I would settle for
Hanjob Samoore

Ah yes thanks Stucky and nice work tikifish. I just got my Shecky yesterday! He will be sitting tall on the new shelf that I just built special for my mugs. Pics will come after get it installed.
Cheers
Chongolio

I would love to get a "Shecky", but i need a username/password to to get to that website for some reason. any help would be great!

You need to utter the phrase, "I'll have the Hairy Colada", while miming the act of lighting up a pipe for a monkey wearing a fez.

Actually, it's just a case of getting in touch by e-mail, and following the instructions. You're a member of Tiki Central now, after all. Not sure if any are left, though, as some selfish bastards (er...myself included) got more than one.

Good luck!
Trader Woody

Thanks for the info! I'm a "budding" tiki bar lover/ mug collector and I've gotten a lot of great info from this site since I found it! You guys rock!

Pages: 1 32 replies