Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

"Hungry Tiki" children's dish set

Pages: 1 11 replies

I found this online at http://store.yahoo.com/retrolounge/index.html and had to buy it for my daughter. Click on this link: http://store.yahoo.com/retrolounge/tikidishset.html

I've had this set for 2 years now and my son always insists on the tiki plate when it's time to eat! On occasion I've had to take the dirty plate or bowl out of the dishwasher and wash by hand so he can use it when all the other plastic dinnerware is collecting dust in the cupboard. Usually I wouldn't go through all that trouble to pacify him but it's got a tiki on it for god's sake... I wish they made them in adult sizes!

So John, do you have a tiki mug sippy cup to go with the dish set? I wonder if such a thing exists.

I have a pineapple sippy cup that was bought a couple of years ago for a friend, it's "Kenz Sippy Cup" so he doesn't spill when he's drinking at our place :wink:

It's ok, he likes to be made fun of.

J

Joe, believe me I've looked... I found a pineapple sippy cup but it's kinda junky and doesn't get used much. Someone needs to come out with a full-on tiki mug sippy cup!

Have you ever tried taking a plastic tiki cup/mug and try to find a similar sized top part of the sippy cup to put on it?

I tried that already... I have one of those plastic cups w/the straw lid and it doesn't fit... another problem is the size of those cups. If my son got a hold of one of those 32 oz. cups full of apple juice I'd be changing diapers every 15 minutes! :)

OK this is going to sound pretty absurd... and I am fully aware of that. lol! I have no children. My boyfriend Steve and I live together, but we dont have any kids.

And yet...

I had to get this. I bought it last year, and am keeping it for the child I hope to someday have! I figure in a few years, I might get married, and eventually pop out a pretty cool tikiriffic kid... and he or she will have this really great dining set to eat off of! Ya know?

Also, one time I saw a Hawaiian themed bathing suit that came with a little grass skirt. For babies. I bought that too. You know... for ONE day. No day TOO soon, I hope! LOL! But ONE day. :wink:

~L

J

Tikilicious, it's a most gratifying experience having a kid who suddenly likes the things you do! I've pretty much guaranteed that my 2 year old son will be a tikiphile... this weekend we're driving down the street and pass a yard sale my son starts saying, "look at all the tiki mugs!" I had to turn around and take a look hoping that he was possessed with a supernatural tiki-sense that defied all logic... and would you believe I bought a Ren Clark's severed head mug for $.50!!!!

Just kidding! There wasn't anything there but at least he's got my back! I'm gonna have to start taking him to the Goodwill with me - he does find tiki in the most unusual places!

Hi Lenore,

I don't think it is weird that you bought the dish set. I remember when my my wife and i were in Hawaii on our honeymoon (so, before our daugther was born), we saw some personalized items of Hawaiiana that had the name "Sydney" on it. There was one item in particular that we both really liked. My wife and I knew even before we were married that if we ever had a daughter, we were going to name her Sydney after my grandfather Sidney. We ALMOST bought the item when we were in Hawaii... and now I wish we had! The only reason we hesitated is that we had no guarantee that we would have a girl. So, we might have bought the item for nothing. But, as chance would have it, we did have a girl and her name is Sydney.

Johntiki,

I'll keep looking for the tiki sippy cup, and let you know if I ever find it. But your kid might already being drinking Mai Tais from those tiki mugs by the time we find one!

P.S.

Congrats on your 1000th post!

Ha. My Boy just got this set from his Grandmother. Very cool thought I.

Pages: 1 11 replies