Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Tiki Gardens CD Weed ??????????

Pages: 1 12 replies

M

Well, I got my Tiki Gardens CD in the mail today, Thanks Dawn. But I was just wanting to know are we still going on with the weed, I promised when I got my CD that I was going to keep the weed going. Now with the new post on saying to stop burning and buy the CD, I didn't know what to do. I didn't want to piss anyone off again, so I'm asking weed or not to weed that is the question. No one ever replied back to any of those post saying not to burn so I didn't know where everyone stands in this topic. A little help to the MaD-TiKi would be great.
Thanks for your help,
MaD-TiKi

Last I heard, everyone threw their cd out...if caught you will face ten years in jail!!! Hide the cd Mad-Tiki!!

I think you just should follow your own concience on this one... If you agreed to burn some for people before we were asked to stop - than finish your deal, and do no more. That's what I did....
Anyway - the owners of the copright will be making a new, signed limited edition for sale sometime soon - so that will be available as well...

D

Thank goodness, for Tangoroa's moral guidance! :roll: My question is...is it really worth having Mr. Shreeves breaking into his piggy bank to make CD's to sell them to a handfull of people. No, not in my opinion, I don't see how copying this CD is any different than copying cassettes in 7th grade and sharing with your friends. I am glad I got a chance to see what all this hype was about! Is it worth all of this drama? NO! I am sure if you had memories of the Tiki Gardens this CD would hold more value to you, but me personally, it gave me a chuckle or two, thanks to Trader Woody's dead on comparison, if your into 1940's roller skating rink music, then this cd is for you! Will I listen to it again anytime soon, probably not. And Thanks again Tangaroa for trying to shame those of us who got the cd for free into sending a note of thanks to Mr. Shreeves.

So, drop him a line if you have the time (especially if you got a free copy!)

I did my part by carrying through on my promise to "The Muggler". Do I owe a Thank You to anyone else? I dont think so. Mahalo - :D

<

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2002-10-22 21:53 ]

I think we've missed an important point in this thread - MaD TiKi. He seems so, well ... gen-tiki-teel. Polite, considerate, and non-abrasive.

MaD TiKi, I understand that you like to be yourself, but what's up? Having an 'off' day? Or have you just been beaten into submission?

I too like to be myself. The trick is to be yourself in such a way that people have a hard time determining if they've been repremanded or not.

Remember - a gentleman in never unintentionally rude!

A thing of tiki is a joy forever

[ Edited by: Tiki_Bong on 2002-10-22 16:22 ]

T

On 2002-10-22 15:59, DawnTiki wrote:
Thank goodnes, for Tangoroa's moral guidance!

Ouch!

D

Gee, I need to get a life! Sorry Tangaroa! I guess you hit my "Free Tiki Gardens LP Guilt" nerve.

You have all had to much weed.
Can we move on now?

As reluctant as I am to join in on a MadTiki thread, I am announcing that I WILL take my four names as I promised and I will send out 4 cds.
First four to email me is in, and Tangaro can just guilt me into some rather un-gentlemenly comments.

Personally, I agree with DawnTiki. I just wanted to see what all the hype was about and to just show Fatuhiva that his were not the only worthy ears to hear this stuff.

And as much as I appreciate the efforts of Dawn and Muggler and everyone else to get this sound out to the Tiki-People, I will stick with my traditional Hawaiian, Polynesian sounds and those never-out-of-date Exotica sounds of the tiki lounge.

So, I say come to me (via e-mail to [email protected]) you tiki-tired and Witco-weary, you restless, you tiki collecting brethren...
The first 4 will be kept in my agreement. (Maybe a couple of others if they suck up to me...my ego badly needs stroked.)

I will not send any thank you letters to anyone who did not directly contibute to this cause. If that were the case, I'd be sending letters out to Styx, Kiss, AC/DC, Benny Goodman, Prince (yes, Prince - several times), Jimmy and Tommy Dorsey, Willie Nelson, Guns 'n Roses, The Cure, Jan Hammer (for Miami Vice, of course)...and probably a million others!

And, hell, with the price of US Postal samps the way they are today, I'll just have to say "Bite Me...and thank you very much."

A sincere thank you to Muggler and DawnTiki for allowing me the opportunity to listen (with my unworthy ears) and see what the big deal was.

For those of you who have not listened to it, I encourage you to get your names in! Don't be ashamed...come on! We'll all go to jail together!
Seriously, it is cheesie, but I think we ALL have to listen so that Fatheaduhvia is not alone in the world.

-C.

OK - Jeez! I just wanted to pass on the words of Ernie's son-in-law - thought some people might be interested...
I certainly don't want to guilt anyone about anything. I mean I've sure gotten my share of "free" music over the years, and no - I don't feel the need to write letters to anyone to say "thanks", although when I meet an artist or musician I like - I think it's cool to let them know that I appreciate what they do.
Also - I'm the guy who ripped this disc into free MP3s for everyone (which Swanky graciously hosted) - the only reason we took it down, was because we didn't want to upset Shreeves family.
So - sorry if anyone felt I was trying to guilt them - that really wasn't my intent!

I guess I could've gotten a worse flaming....Today I am a flame virgin no more!

T

mmmmmmmmmmm.... flaming virgin

OK I'm following this little thread here too, as I just got my copy. (by the way thanks trustar!) When I got it I said I would do the same and send it to four more people. Then this whole thing came out with this guys family and stuff.

So what to do... I've decided (with the help of this thread) to keep my word and send it out to four more people and then this monkey's off my back. I'll post when I'm going to (kick ass and...) take names. It will be soon. Thank you.

To Tangaroa I must sincerely apologize. I had not read your other post. You simply indicated that it may be nice to "drop him a line" of encouragement.

Certainly that is not outside the rehlm of my abilities. And to send a fellow tiki enthusiast some encouraging words is not a waste of my time.

I apologize for taking your comments out of the context that you intended.

And, personally, I think you were not flamed too badly at all. My little jabs were geared more to Fat-head-uhiva, whom I think made some unneccessary and somewhat offensive comments from the start of these threads.

I'm not one to flame...not my style. I just like to be curtious and show up at your front door and tell you what it is that I have to say.

So, again, I do apologize for typing before I read your other post.

ON A LIGHTER NOTE: I have 1 slot filled for the cd and my offer still stands.

Everyone have a nice day.
Thanks.
-C.

P.S.
Now I REALLY feel bad because I see that Tangaroa is the only person to respond to my posts...I must smell really bad.

[ Edited by: the75stingray on 2002-10-24 09:45 ]

No worries!

Pages: 1 12 replies