Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Intro and Art, Thanks for looking!

Pages: 1 2 57 replies

Hey everyone,
It’s Keith Ciaramello from Kustom Kulture Gallery & Tattoo in New York.
I tattoo, paint, draw, sculpt, stripe(newbie), and work on the Mac.

I own the gallery and also run the Sketchkult art forum (home of Stripekult).
Please visit http://www.kustomkulturegallery.com and download the 2005 calendar for all of this years events, demos, classes and exhibitions. Also join up at http://www.sketchkult.com and display your tiki art!

Feel free to contact me off-board [email protected] with any questions about the gallery, sketchkult, or whatever you need...

Here's some of my work, let me know what you think!

Prints are available, thanks for looking!

B

Welcome KustomKeifer. Looks like you will fit right in nicely here at TC. Your art i Awesome Can't wait to get to your websites to check more out. Come on in and stay awhile, glad to have you.

Welcome aboard first off.

I saw the article in the may issue of ol'skool rodz. Very cool stuff.

Thanks for sharing. Hope to see lots more.

I just looked at your forums, Wow theres some talent on there. I think I will lurk for awhile. I need to more comfortable posting my stuff. I also am learning to stripe.

[ Edited by: rodeotiki on 2005-04-21 21:53 ]

Thanks a lot! Hope you join my forum too. It's still pretty "folksy" at 200 members or so, but it's a great group. Would love to see more TIKI STYLE represented there!

nice nice nice Keefer...I have a special
place in my heart for sweet wahines...
cool stuff!

Great stuff, welcome aboard. Dig it all, but especially the wahines. I get out to New York at least once a year, where are you located?

Thanks Matt!
Baldwin, NY
(see sig above)

[ Edited by: Kustom Keifer on 2005-04-21 23:23 ]

M

Nice Art indeed. Welcome!

Mahalo!

What's this, another L.I. boy making tiki!? Nice stuff. I hope we get to see more.

T

Welcome... You will fit right in

sorry, double-postage

[ Edited by: Raffertiki on 2005-04-22 10:09 ]

awesome stuff.... I went to your site....way cool art, but my only complaint was that there was no pricing on the art....there were so many pieces i was interested in, i.e. Tidwell's art, that i couldn't possibly call in to ask for info on all of them...this seems to be a problem with most gallery/artist sites. ...never pricing available. I have collected low-brow art for years and when i visit a site, i want to make a purchase immediatly, if not sooner.....another peeve, and this doesn't really involve you, is when artists post a site and i visit it, and all the art or most of it is sold already....?????...again, I visit with the hopes of buying something and when confronted with sold out stuff i get frustrated....it's great to see the work an artist has done and to see that they are selling alot, but people, if you don't have enough stuff available for sale, why send people to your site...wait and build up a body of work, then send us on over. Am I just being crazy, or does anyone else get as frustrated about this too. I don;'t mean to come off sounding bitchy and keifer, i apologize for using your thread to go off about this....I'm not trying to pick on you so please forgive me...i'm just trying to understand all this....

Um, just call or e-mail and tell me what you're interested in. 516 623 5665....See how easy that is. Now, Breathe....Ahhhh...LOL!

We are in the process of re-launching our site for fall 2005. You will have the ability to order online with pricing, availability, and descriptions. The thumbnail gallery we have now is a quick-fix, and thank God it has worked to facilitate sales for the time being.

As for my own work/prints, I chose not to feature my art (other than tattoos) on the gallery site at first because I felt it made the wrong impression. The gallery is meant as a hub for the lowbrow art community, as is sketchkult.com. I will have my art on the re-launced site among the other artsts. I do not want to be the focus,

As for your other questions, I can't speak for everyone, but in my case....
I am a one man band! I have to paint, tattoo, design, sell, contact, market, advertise, ship, recieve, pick, pack, ...(getting the point???). By the way. Many gallery sites don't price because values can change daily.

I agree with all your comments and crits for the most part. As we grow as a business, look forward to more convenience, new products, events, and more fun!

Thanks for your input, no need to apologize,
Keef and Broccoli

[ Edited by: Kustom Keifer on 2005-04-22 08:33 ]

Raff,
Stop by the store. I think you'll like it!

Welcome Keith - Of course, your artwork is top notch. It's nice to see a fellow "kustom freak" around here too!

http://www.samgambino.com

[ Edited by: Sam Gambino on 2005-04-22 10:40 ]

Thanks Sam! You rule, but you already knew that...
I need cool rankings on sketchkult...Sam, you are now a Grand PooBah!

Fantastic work! Welcome to TC!

Josh

Raff,
Stop by the store. I think you'll like it!

Sounds good. What are your weekend hours?

[ Edited by: Raffertiki on 2005-04-22 14:47 ]

"Grand PooBah"? Thanks, Keith! :)

Hey everyone - he's holding out on us - There's a TON of cool stuff he's done!

http://www.samgambino.com

1-9pm Tues-Sat

Sam, sshhhhhHHH! How many boards I'm I gonna post my crap on! Everyone come to sketchkult.com for more!

Thanks again for the warm welcome!!

Kustom K, Awesome art! Welcome to TC, any friend of Sam's is a friend ours. Look forward to cruising thru your site and looking around. Always a treat to see new eye candy.

Chongolio

Still in progress...

Thanks Chongo!

T

Wow...your stuff is pretty good. I like the black and white sketch of "Mr. Tongue!" You've got style.

Here he is in person! (I have the shirt on)

Damn that last one is nice. You need to make prints or shirts of that.
I would be down for one.
I have been tossing aroung the idea of stripping a carving , not sure how oneshot would take to the wood.

Thanks for sharing and your forums are awesome.

I just checked out the Kustom Kulture shop. Man, what a sweet set-up. Wall to wall with awesome artwork. A lot of it was new to me, and blew me away. I'm sorry I missed you KK, but Pon was a cool guy, and showed me around. Maybe when I sell a few more prints, I'll stop back and actually buy something.

Keith,

Dig your work braddah! It's nice to see an artist that portrays polynesian models as just that, and NOT blonde bombshells that do not portray anything polynesia.

Hey Keith, It's about time you got your ass over here! Welcome to TC.
Found your work by accident about a year ago, and have been a fan ever since. Hope to own one of your lithographs soon.
Unga

Hey Raff! Sorry man, I was at Kahunaville in DE for their hot rod show. Hope Pon treated you right. He is an excellent tattoo artist (available on Thurs & Sat). The store is my baby, I like giving people the tour. C'mon back when you can.

Thanks Rodeo! That design is for shirts. We will have them mid-may. Just contact me at the gallery.

Thanks Bong! I hoped she looked real wahine...

Bunga...A fan? of mine? Wow! I'm flattered! You're my #1 fan! (1 of 1) LOL! I really apreciate it, thanks!

Thanks again for all the kind words everyone. Please come meet more cool people on my forum http://www.sketchkult.com

Here's the finished product...

Perfection, Keith!

I'm going to order one of those shirts, definitely. Welcome to TC.

Sabu

S
SES posted on Mon, Apr 25, 2005 3:55 AM

Fantastic artwork!
Welcome to TC.

B

Definately NICE. love the shirt.

Thanks! Hopefully I have a hit on my hands with that shirt. Investing a few bucks in production.

Thanks again for all the support from TC!

T

One of the best pinstripe tikis I've seen. Great look and not a wasted line.

put me down for some of those shirts too....i'm thinking x-mas gifts. email me when they are ready...

cool stuff!!

HeY KK-
I am also a fan of your work!!! Put me down for one of your shirts, as well. Be sure to let us know when they are available.
Later,
Spermy

I am selling these at the NYC tattoo convention May 13,14,15. I will sell the remainder as of the 16th. Just call me and I'll take care of you.
516 623 5665
Thanks again for all the support and encouragement!
More stuff to come!
(BTW-can I post non-tiki art here, or is that againt protocol?)

DONE!!!!

T's, Hoodies, and maybe stickers....
Not tiki...is that OK?

Cool Stuff -- Lucha Libre rules!

Very cool! It really has that 50s-60s "Monster" feel to it which I like. Who was your hand model? :)

Just wanted to legitimize the tiki shirt by commiting it to a panel in 1-shot. I'm pretty happy with this...C&C welcome. 13"x19" on panel...

SAM! I actually used my hands, but I trimmed and cleaned my nails, and removed some wrinkles in the final art. LOL!

That is great. I have made that pic the new wallpaper on my computer. Thanks for sharing.
Any details on when shirts will be available? And maybe shipping to canada?

Keep em comin...

The panel and the Illustrator file are both works in progress....
Any background ideas?

Thanks for looking!!!

Here's the final AI for future T's and stickers. I really wanted too do a black panel....next time for sure!

K
kirby posted on Sat, May 7, 2005 9:47 PM

your artistic abilities realy inspire me. keep it up and if you like let me know what you think of my work.

Pages: 1 2 57 replies