Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: eBay: Yankee Tiki! LARGE Tiki Totem Heads!

Pages: 1 14 replies

Hi!
I am Tiki Jim and I have been making Tiki Totems for about 30 years. I call them YANKEE TIKIS. I just started selling them on ebay. My Tiki Head Totems are LARGE and colorful- they look good indoors or out.

Do an ebay search on "yankee tiki" or check out my current auctions:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3971255752&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3971255754&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Thank you for looking at my auctions!
-Tiki Jim

[ Edited by: yankeetiki on 2005-04-23 13:19 ]

[ Edited by: Yankeetiki on 2005-04-23 13:33 ]

[ Edited by: Yankeetiki on 2005-04-23 13:39 ]

TG

Uhhhhh thanks? We should be thanking you for sharing these extraordinary TIKI mask. Boy, your quite the artist there Jim. VERY original and VERY Tiki I must say. Good luck on your auctions, thanks for sharing these awesome pieces of mastercraftery with us. Have you ever discussed anything on here before with anyone or did you just post on here to try to sell something to us? Just asking.........

T

ummmmmm.........:-?......they are colorful

[ Edited by: tiki5-0 on 2005-04-25 11:45 ]

Come on now.... There is a buyer for every product. I like your art tikiGfreak but vampire fangs arent exact "tiki" either. People will vote with their wallets.

Lets be civil.

In case you havent noticed, the ranks of new TCers hasnt exactly been swelling lately. Lets not scare off the ones that at least create something.

TM

Good points Monkeyman...

Hey Tiki Jim - A bit of advice: Try and get to know us here on TC before pitchin' wares. It is a mistake that is often made, and people can get pretty harsh. TC is much more than a place to sell your goods. Stick around, you may like it....

[ Edited by: Tiki Matt on 2005-04-25 13:17 ]

Yes, my Tikis are very controversial! I would love to post some of the comments I've been getting on ebay but I would probably get kicked off this forum!

I have been making them for 30 years but I have only been selling them since 1998.

I have found that people either hate them or they loathe them.

My brother has a firewood business and I have hundreds of tikis hanging in his wood yard.

I have a few regular collectors- I guess having just one isn't loathsome enough for some people.

I don't need an excuse to post my photos here! To me, that's what "Tiki" is about- No excuses!

Here are a few more photos to stir up some trouble (the Tiki on the right is called "Trouble"): -Tiki Jim (the "Yankee Tiki")

J
JTD posted on Mon, Apr 25, 2005 2:16 PM

On 2005-04-25 13:58, Yankeetiki wrote:
I have found that people either hate them or they loathe them.

Well, that must not be too encouraging. Good luck all the same and welcome aboard!

J

Hey, this just gave me an idea for a new tiki toy: Mr. Tiki Potato Head!

TM

On 2005-04-25 14:30, joefla70 wrote:
Hey, this just gave me an idea for a new tiki toy: Mr. Tiki Potato Head!

I'm gonna copyright that.

TG

On 2005-04-25 11:57, Monkeyman wrote:
Come on now.... There is a buyer for every product. I like your art tikiGfreak but vampire fangs arent exact "tiki" either.

Monkeyman,

I like your art too....Thanks.

[ Edited by: Tiki G. on 2005-04-26 08:28 ]

I wonder if the issue should be whether these are tiki at all. Nothing wrong with what they are, but are they necessarily tiki simply because they are a face? There are plenty of people who carve masks or figures or whathaveyou that are not "Tiki". These, to me, seem to fall into a very wide definition of "tiki".

Hey...One of those would work great in my backyard to scare away the rabbits that keep eating my Hibiscus plants.

OK but what are the rules of Tiki??
Is there an official written definition of "Tiki"?? Or is it just in the eye of the beholder?
If you go by the dictionary definition then A LOT of things diccussed here as "Tikis" are not.

Tiki: Mythology. A male figure in Polynesian myth, sometimes identified as the first man.
A wooden or stone image of a Polynesian god.
A Maori figurine representing an ancestor, often intricately carved from greenstone and worn about the neck as a talisman.

So, what about all these skulls, vampires, monkies, fish, volcanoes and naked women called "Tiki" mugs?

BTW- I have made a Tiki to keep my wife's chickens off the back porch.
-TJ

say what you will about vampires...skulls..
fish and volcanoes...but when monkeys
and naked women are out...I am too!

...Amen to that, Congatiki!

Pages: 1 14 replies