Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

1st Annual TikiCentral Oasis Crawl May 5,6,7 & 8 UPDATE: Drink Card pg. 10

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 217 replies

K

Here here!

I'm hosting next year, wether my roomies want to or not! And early too, so I can meet more people & find out the BIGGEST secret of all. Where & When! Thanks everybody!

A

Shell in the Pacific says:

The room crawl was way beyond my greatest of expectations. I am glad to see it was enjoyed by so many and the Hosts all did a fantastic job! Such attention to detail!

Special Thanks to Doctor Z for putting this bug in my ear and helping me with the arrangements. (And for getting my Oasis started off right Thursday night, and hangover cure for Sun. am!)And to MarTiki for the message passed along to Z.

I can't wait for next year already. Only 361 more days to go! I better get working on next years Crawl Card. Otto what is the theme? Zaaazzz!

Got to get back to class!
Mahalo,
Shell in the Pacific

It was such a blast!!!! The Crawl made it reall easy to meet other TC friends (and let me tell you I consider everyone I met a FRIEND). Talk about Hospitality everyone was so kind and fun to be around. GREAT DRINKS!!! I don't think I was drinkless for the entire 4 days!! I want to thank all of the room hosts for such a great time. What a great idea Dr. Z!!!
Later,
Spermy
EEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooWWWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwww

this was our first oasis and it was far beyond our expectations! tikicleen and i had a great time hosting with tikihula. it was great way to meet people in a much more subdued and quiet environment. we also want to thank all of the other hosts for their hospitality and our apologies to those rooms we didn’t make it to. The crawl was a hit in our book and we can’t wait till next year!

T

On 2005-05-09 10:09, the drunken hat wrote:
this was our first oasis

It was great to meet you and Tikicleen. You are a dynamic couple. And with all the mix up in your reservations, I am glad you persisted and made it.

Also, thanks again for helping me locate our camera (left behind in your Tiki Crawl room - imagine that).

Tiki Bob

In responding to a few other e-mails prior to the crawl:

Aaron's Akua - Pyrat Rum is great, I love this stuff. GiantRobot Tiki happened across a bottle a few years ago and we've had a bottle on our shelf ever since. It's good stuff, I love it straight or over ice.

The room crawl was definitely one of the high points of Oasis V, both for me and for my wife. It was a lot of fun meeting our old and new friends, and to experience the differnt drinks and their presentation.
Thanks everyone for your kind hospitality, and thanks for all who visited us to try my creations. And a big thanks for Dr. Z, Shelly and everyone else who organized it.

Ran

my hair smelled like rum about twenty minutes after finishing my Combover!

Oh my where do I start! Thank you Z for masterminding this event. Thank you Al & Shell for your hard work, with the crawl cards, awesome host badges, and generously offering your room.

Thanks to all the Room Hosts for their hospitality and delicous libations. This was loads of fun and I hope there will be a 2nd TC Oasis Crawl. Half the fun was the walkabout, charting out a plan of attack and socializing. Sometimes it was a crawl but a run to get to a room in time! I'm happy to say my dance car was completely filled (except for #10, I couldn't find it in my travels).

I hosted the same time at Atomic Cocktail, so I sent GiantRobotTiki over to get me a sample. Whew! that was potent. We thought it should be renamed to Nuclear Jet Fuel!

Best overall presentations my vote goes to Sensei Pup, it was truly a Zen experience.

Dr. Z had the best Cocktail flair, it was so busy with the glowing neon stir sticks, palm trees, monkeys.

Wersmoderinc: you made my freak fly!

Most creative Swizzle Stick, Kick the Reverb for the combover! It was great.

UngaBunga, your bar set up was pretty remarkable, I was so envious.

Martiki and Rebecca, as always, delicious, I bow down to the masters, you had people lining up out the door.

PhiPhiRho-loved the ginger accent.

Drunken Hat, TikiCleen and Tiki Hula, you just had to make me suffer by displaying the Giant Grog Trophy! Next year, baby, next year, I shall possess it! For those of you who did not get a chance to sample the winning grog, you got a 2nd chance during the crawl, the stroll to the Royal Sun was worth it!

WeirdUncleTiki, great idea putting the recipe on the CD, and the grog was mighty tasty too.

Futura Girl, nice non-leaded punch, my liver was smiling. I saved my "man-tail" ornament.

Humu, damn, nothing fit, but it gives me incentive!

TikiMatt, nice name for your creation, I can't believe I would say this out loud, "THE MONKEY PISS WAS DELICIOUS".

M

The room crawl was great- The bar is definitely set quite high for next year. It was nice to put a little more organization into the regular room crawling- it really allowed you to meet more people and see more rooms. Plus, drink more! Thanks to everyone for stopping by our place- I felt nude without proper garnishes, but we really threw it together at the last minute. Thank you all for the generous tipping as well- that was a HUGE help for us this year. (times are tight)

Pup's ceremony was the greatest!

KTR- unbeatable selection and entire trees of mint in the drink! World class.

Wish that I'd made it to everyone's rooms.

Next year: expect fire!

The Crawl rocked my world a few times....Dr. Z great idea.....next year I feel there will be twice as many hosts....and as for the card well I think I forgot to get it signed in about half the rooms I hit.....wopps......

Is it too early to sign up for next year? After seeing the great room decorations and sampling the different cocktails, I'm really inspired to try hosting next year. Thanks so much to Dr. Z for getting this thing organized, and for setting such incredibly high standards for mixology and hospitality. You're the best! I wasn't around for the judging, but I think you should definitely get the top prize.

TB

Did anybody get their entire card signed, the only one im missing is Futura #16. Props to anyone that got the entire card filled!

TBird.

Doctor Z and Shell! Thanks for doing this.
I had an awesome time being a host and crawler.
My apologies for hosting a day late (God dam rum).
Doctor Z’s spongy/soaked carpet the next day, freaked me out (regarding hotel damage fee) so I decided to serve out the window (Chongolio’s idea).
Turns out his carpet was only a leaky water cooler. Anyway the concept worked out kind of cool. I had a sense of power, when all I had to do was close the window, and then go on to the next room. Nothing personal my friends. I might take this idea a step further next year.
Anyway, an A+ for fun!
Addendum ~ A little secret;
I never really put Red Bull in my drink. I was just pushin’ you “Tiki Purist’s” buttons. :D

M

On 2005-05-10 23:37, Unga Bunga wrote:

Doctor Z’s spongy/soaked carpet the next day, freaked me out (regarding hotel damage fee) so I decided to serve out the window (Chongolio’s idea).
Turns out his carpet was only a leaky water cooler. Anyway the concept worked out kind of cool. I had a sense of power, when all I had to do was close the window, and then go on to the next room. Nothing personal my friends. I might take this idea a step further next year.

" I might take this idea a step further next year." WHAT-are ya gonna THROW the drinks at us from afar!?!?!?!
I can't belive you gave us a load of red-bull-oney!
I did like the drive through idea of your room bar. Felt like I was at In and Out , but without the words of wisdom on the bottom of the cups! The only "words of wisdom" came after finishing a few of those cups of booze!

Room Crawl was the BEST idea of Oasis... love how it let everyone shine in their own unique way and oh - the splendid commeraderie was a nice by product!

Dr. Z. what a great way to kick off the event with a raging party in the room upstairs - and thank you for saving my Sunday Morning with your signature hangover cure.

KTR - the comb from the combover came in very handy later as a percussive tool later! And we still gotta invent the Barbacide Coast drink one a these days... i think it will need to be shaken and iced like a martini.

TP - oh most great and honorable citizen of tiki, i am indebted to your pleasing presentation and wish you many happy moons ahead.

also loved Hat's winning libation, Martin n Rebecca's Grog, and the tastey "piss"

Tiki Bird - next time I have a party (which will be sooner - not later) i will make you a sample if you like? the unleaded or "leaded" version.

Unga - mine did have a wee bit o Red Bull in it - being it was the tiki "Chillout" chamber.

I'd like to point out (as I have before) that the comb idea was originally Dr. Z's, and I only developed it to be a rat's tail comb with speared pineapple & cherries.
I like to give credit where it's due.

Now, what to do with all the extra rum that I have left?
Ran

The Room Crawl was AMAZING. Thank you Doctor Z and everyone else that helped to pull this off.

I just wish I could have made it to more rooms. I only managed 11 out of 16 but they were all great.

So who successfully received a 16 out of 16?

On 2005-05-10 17:49, CheekyGirl wrote:

I believe it was Cynfulcynner but not sure, come on did anybody get their card completed?

TBird.

I know I didn't hell there were times I couldn't remember to get it signed when I did make it to a room

TM

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that stopped by Rm 205. It was a great time! The generous tips certainly put a dent in the booze exenditures. As requested, here's the recipe:

1 Part Vodka (I use Skyy)
1 Part Amsterdam Chocolate Liqueur by Van Gough http://www.vangoghvodka.com/Van_Gogh_Vodka_amsterdam_chocolate.htm
2 Parts Creme de Banana

Shake w/ ice and pour into a Martini Glass
Pretty easy, eh...

Tiki Mugs, Vintage, Tiki Bars, Carved Tiki Poles, Apparel and more!
Everything Tiki at: http://www.bartiki.com

[ Edited by: Tiki Matt on 2005-05-12 14:46 ]

On 2005-05-12 10:57, Tiki Bird wrote:

On 2005-05-10 17:49, CheekyGirl wrote:

I believe it was Cynfulcynner but not sure, come on did anybody get their card completed?

I think #10 was my invention. Here's the recipe:

JONESTOWN MASSACRE
A tasty drink served in poor taste!

In a shaker filled with ice, add:
4 oz of the cheapest vodka you can find
4 oz simple syrup
Fill to the top with grape Kool-Aid.
Serve in a Dixie cup with a grenadine float.

:lol:

C

WOW! I have to say that the Crawl was certainly a highlight of our first Tiki Oasis (but not our last!). Thanks to Shelly & Al for being great hosts & organizaers - that is one amazing MaiTai, Al!!!
My personal favorite fromthe crawl was the Typhoon - nice job on that one, which will be made here in Wisconsin. But they were all so fun - it's just a bit harder to remember some due to all of the crawling.....especially on Saturday!

N

The room crawl was AWESOME! I remember most of it : ) Anyway, ditto on the thanks to Al and Shelly for hosting much of the crawl and the evening get togethers. I had a wonderful time and met a lot of great TCer's.

Any body goin to Tiki Oasis that might be lookin for a roomate...just got the time off work...so I havn't booked a room yet...happy to split the cost and act as your personal bartender:)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 217 replies