Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Juxtapoz

Pages: 1 6 replies

Anyone else get really excited when the recent edition arrives in the mailbox? Some great artists in this magazine. Every month I get into someone new. This Month is great with my 2 of my favorites Sas and Colin Christian and as always some stuff I never seen before. I get into a new artist every month because of this Juxtapoz. They need to do an article on Munktiki and some of the other mug makers I think, bet it happens.

S

Yeah- I wait for my issue too, helps keep my finger on the pulse of lowbrow art. I collect some mugs, but what I really focus on is lowbrow tiki art.
Looking forward to the upcoming issue which should feature a well deserved article on TC's own Kooche (Miles Thompson)!

definately one of my all time favorite mags......

one day.. i will be listed in there

Love this magazine. It was my gateway drug into all things tiki...well that and Martin Denny.

Tiki News had a deal with them, if you subscribed to TN, you got a free issue of Juxtapoz...

Vander really likes this particular issue, it took his attention away from Spongebob for a few seconds...

This picture has been on our fridge for a while, every time I look at it it cracks me up on so many levels...

K
kooche posted on Mon, May 2, 2005 9:47 PM

yeah i happen to know that this magazine drives aspiring artitsts like myself CRAZY! ...but knowing now that i am bound to be in it next month (thanks SG for being a bean spiller) i can't lie...it is pretty cool...though i have to admit that from time to time i feel like they just completely MISS ...you know what i mean? some of it is just piss

Pages: 1 6 replies