Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Oasis pics

Pages: 1 2 69 replies

Rather than trying to find an Oasis thread best suited for pics I thought I would just make a thread specifically to put up links to my pics and so that everyone else can put up there pics. That way you can go on on thread and see everything.

By the way, I read about casey's situation and that really sucks. I was also bummed not see Mig, Tiki Bong, and my little buddy Spike. Hope I get to hang out with all of you at the next Tiki thing that comes along.

I don't want to bog down the thread with every pic so I am posting up links to directories where you can see every pic.

These are just pictures I took around Caliente Tropics:
http://www.tufftimes.com/images/Oasis5/Tropics/

These are pics of the Tiki Peeps in attendance.
http://www.tufftimes.com/images/Oasis5/TikiPeeps/

Pics of the bands, I was working the door during Fisherman and am very bummed that I don't have any pics form that set. I got some pics of the Mai Kai gents and of Ape though:
http://www.tufftimes.com/images/Oasis5/Bands/

Here go some video clips

Mai Kai Gents:
http://www.tufftimes.com/images/Oasis5/clips/MaiKaiGents_01.AVI
http://www.tufftimes.com/images/Oasis5/clips/MaiKaiGents_02.AVI
http://www.tufftimes.com/images/Oasis5/clips/MaiKaiGents_04.AVI

APE:
http://www.tufftimes.com/images/Oasis5/clips/Ape_01.AVI
http://www.tufftimes.com/images/Oasis5/clips/Ape_03.AVI
http://www.tufftimes.com/images/Oasis5/clips/Ape_06.AVI
http://www.tufftimes.com/images/Oasis5/clips/Ape_08.AVI

Like I said, I was working the door during the Fisherman so I wasn't able to get much this year on them but I did manage to get a clip that is at least worth listening to. You can't see what the hell is going on but just listen, it's pure gold!
http://www.tufftimes.com/images/Oasis5/clips/Fisherman_01.AVI

Fantastic! Great pics of everyone! And the first set looked like vintage postcards! Great stuff!

Some of the video clips are uploading as we speak, they should all be up in 15 minutes

I couldn't make it this time around, though the pics reveal alot and my urge to attend the next one is increasing.

[ Edited by: matt deckard on 2005-05-10 11:34 ]

B

Thanks for posting Sam, Great pic's and files Can't wait to see more. Thanks for starting it off.

D

These are are so wonderful! I had such a nice time and these put me right there again! Great images and clips. Thanks for posting them.

B

Great pix SuicideSam.....I did not take many .....

ShipTrader's carpool lane buddy...

King Kuke was great with the kids but then brings them dangereously close to room 135...

The stage looked great. The ship sail unfurled at night and was the perfect spot to watch Sven's slide show and the wonderful preview of Armchair Traveling......

M

What a BLAST Oasis was. I had such a great time and it was fantastic meeting everyone. Thanks for taking care of an Oasis newbie. Everyone was wonderful.

I didn't take too many pics either, but here are a few.

Holden (of Tiki Farm) & Tiki Tony - I did not get the names of the fellows with the shrunken heads.

Dawn Tik holding up her new Tiki Tony treasure:

Mean Gene shows off his wares:

Me and Sabu - Finally, a chance to "Shout" in person:

Paul & Miles (aka Stuckie) of Munktiki:

TraderPup preparing his deadly Typhoon in room 135:

Humuhumu arriving to room 135:

Doctor Z (helping me stand) in room 135:

Hmmmm... seems I spent quite some time in room 135. I forgot about that?! Thanks Al & Shelley for having us for so long and thanks to Dr. Z for making the crawl happen.

Mahaloz again to everyone that made this such a special event.

[ Edited by: MachTiki on 2005-05-09 14:48 ]

D

Mach I have been lucky enough to avoid having my image posted on TC since 2002 when I joined these forums, then I give you the highly coveted first image of DawnTiki and you misspell my name? Duuuuude...weren't you spelling it DamnTiki a few weeks back :wink: It was so nice getting to meet you and your wife. I wish we had more time to have had a better visit. Too much going on! It's all a fuzzy blur. I had THE BEST time! My only complaint was there wasn't enough time to meet and chat with everyone I had hoped to visit with.

M

DAMNTiki Soop-a-staaaa. It's about time you get some picture cred. It was a pleasure to meet you.

D

Pffhttt! Here I thought I lost it to Mach! TikiPug already had been there and done that! See how these events can be...no more al-kee-haul for me!

B

I, too, took a few (haha) pics of my new friends...

T

Look out! Thar be pirates ahead!

More pics to come...

H
hewey posted on Tue, May 10, 2005 7:46 PM

Now I am feeling really left out...

Looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing the pics with us.

K

Y'all come back now, ya hear?

[ Edited by: Krustiki on 2005-05-10 20:55 ]

T

Saturday at the Reef:

The Beastie Girls

Arrrrrrrr!!!!!

Arrr!!!???

Arrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

That's right son. Go pick a fight with the gnarliest dude!

On 2005-05-09 22:11, mrs. pineapple wrote:
He provided us with several hours of entertainment, beginning with him rummaging through our box of pirate gear, finding the pistol, and running out of our room, and yelling across the parking lot to Otto, "DAD, I'VE GOT A GUN!!!!"

Mr. Pineapple was sad when I told he would never see that gun again.

Little Buddy?! What am I, Gilligan?!

Yeah, I'm kinda bummed that I didn't make it this year but it sounds like you all had a great time. We'll try to get the Menehunes in there next year for sure.

I'll see you soon, Sam. Tell your friend who's playing the Hootenanny that I said hi. You know who I'm talking about...

Great pictures everybody.

Spike

[ Edited by: Luckydesigns on 2005-05-10 23:01 ]

I'll see you soon, Sam. Tell your friend who's playing the Hootenanny that I said hi. You know who I'm talking about...

Yeah iknow the friend you're talking about. She emailed me yesterday. She's touring teh East Coast right now. Her tour is ending this week and she has a show in Orange on teh 22nd, you should come out we can throw back a few.

Great Pics Krustiki.

these are great, wish i was there, but these just get me more pumped about exotica and hukilau now.....cant wait!, come on , lets see some more!!

By the beard of Jack Bamboo was that weekend fired from the cannon or what! BA-BLAM. Ok, I can finally speak a sentence without stretching out me arrrrrr's.
Tiki Oasis + Chongolio= :D

Where to begin...I guess the Accolades is a good place to start although way to many to mention here are a few. First and foremost Mahalo Nui loa to Otto and Baby Doe. I really appreciate the aloha and sense of ohana you helped procreate. You deserve your places in the Tiki pantheon! Another Huge thanks to everybody who helped pull this off. Your hardwork, meticulous planning and decorating permeated the event. This was my first Oasis too and it definetely was a highlight of my Tiki experience and I am so stoked to be a part of it.

Some of my favorite memories...
:D All the folks who came by my booth and picked up some art and complimented my work. It really meant a lot to me and I am blown away by the enthusiastic response.

:) Sharing my booth with the Jungle Trader tribe. JT is a righteous dude with a heart of palm...I mean gold. So much fun hanging out with you, Surfgoof and the rest of the Fam. We will catch up soon braddah. Did I hear somebody say party at your house?

:D Mixmaster Sir Bungalot - A more gracious roomie you couldn't ask for. When I rolled in UB already had his killer surfboard bar set up and cocktails waiting. Da Buggah even had an expresso machine and was serving up joe. I don't even have to mention the drive thru drinkery or your bling-bling.

:lol: King Kukulele- Comedy all the way around the horn. You always keep me laughin' particularly your rendition of "Hooked on a feeling" and "Sanford and son Francisco."

:D All the tunes!!! All the performers were AWESOME! Sorry i missed Iuka's uke session though. :(

:lol: Inky's sock monkey soakin' rays in the pool.

:o The legendary Room 135 jam with those crazy mouth piano straw things. What are those crazy things called anyway?

:D Bongofury introducing me to Dave Burke. Bongo, I owe you a barrel of your favorite rum Brah!

:lol: KTR's clever Garnishes

:D Dr Z's and Dolphin Tiki's pre-party and swamp meet. Sorry about that foot bath Z. :roll:

:wink: Ric and Monica for Da grinds. Ono and very cool of you. It was really good to meet you two in person!

:D Bamzeno and Gia, thanks for the melted cheese and salami snacks. Cooked to perfection in the back of van. MMMM, delicious.

8)Mai-Tai- Thanks for letting me bend your ear during our cruise down. And helping navigate through foul weather and the savage shores of San Berndino. I hope your Pop is feeling better. Maria, thanks for sharing half your Grilled cheese with me.

1. Pupasan- Thanks for the Typhoon. I know Tipping is not a city in China. I'll paypal ya :D

2. DrunkenHat- congrats on the award you are a happenin cat. But remember folks, behind every great bartender there is a woman holding his drunk ass up. Nice job to Tikicleen as well!

:) Monkeyman for being the anchor of rationality in the stormy sea of goofiness that pervaded the weekend. I hope Penny enjoys the Kamapua'a story and pictures.

:) Hangin' out "backstage" with the Boo clan. Great to see you again and meet da boyz.

:) Spotting the missing Baxdog

:) Seamus the dude that worked all day and all night, just so he could take the family to Disneyland after Oasis. What a guy, hope you had fun. Thanks for the tradin' It was great to see you and Jauna again and meet Fiona. The Cave Queens rule!

:D Getting to meet some new friends and getting caught up with all y'all I already knew.

The one Bad Thing...
:( No Menehunes. I was really hoping to hangout with Bong and Gilligan, I mean Luckydesign. Maybe this summer!

My favorite quote goes to Krustiki...
Chongolio: How you doing?
Krustiki: I don't remember

This lil dino had a tiket to Oasis...

This lil dino had none...

More of my pics here:
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/share/view?i=EeINWrJq3btnaQ&open=1&x=1&sm=1&sl=1

You guys are more fun than a barrel of monkeys... filled with rum...dressed as pirates...in the middle of the desert.

Ok just one more...ARRRRRRRRRRRR!
Chongolio.

-- I believe that our Heavenly Father invented the monkey because he was disappointed in man."
... Mark Twain

Come explore http://www.lost-isle.com

Of course its was edited look how long it is.

[ Edited by: Chongolio on 2005-05-12 01:04 ]

Woo Hooo! Everyone's pics turned out great. Wait until you see ours :)
(Boo Hoo! I'm sad :( the weekend flew by so fast)

APE ROCKS !!!

Arrrrrrrrrr...................................Ayeeeeee

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2005-05-11 22:59 ]

Us girls are driven wild by desire for a sleeping Unga:

]

The funny thing about the above incident is that the next morning when I woke up and I was remembering a bunch of us breaking into Unga's room for a viewing, I was thinking "why was Unga Bunga taking a nap at three in the morning? what a silly guy." That is the power of Tiki Oasis -- it is a world where the concept of "sleep" simply no longer exists.

Here's a few;

King Kukulele and Crazy Al makin' noise.

Crazy Al chipping away.

Sea of people.

Winner - Best Dressed Kid:
Hakalugi and Don's Ho present
Tiki Bo Peep (Hailey Celeste)
as the Dolly Headhunter

Winner - Best Dressed Pet:
Mrs. Arizona presents
Buccaneer Beady

Winner - Best Dressed Savage:
Shell in the Pacific

Runner Up - Best Dressed Savage:
The Baxdog

Winner - Best Dressed Nose:
Krustiki

[ Edited by: Hakalugi on 2005-05-14 21:08 ]

On 2005-05-11 21:36, Chongolio wrote:
:lol: Inky's sock monkey soakin' rays in the pool.

Russell says,

"Hey Chongo-bro; that was my favorite part too!"

T

Love that picture Inks! And yes, I STILL remember who you are!

Sorry we did not have more time to visit.

TB

MT

A surfer, a shriner, and a pirate walk into a liquor store. Sounds like an opening line to a joke? Nope, it's Tiki Oasis!!!

What a great fun filled weekend! For as much stuff as I did, the weekend went by entirely too fast. So much to see and do, so many people to talk to and meet - only afterwards in a fuzzy haze do I remember "Oh yeah, I really wanted to meet 'So-And-So' or check out someone's booth, or see if anyone is selling pufferfish lamps, or... the list is endless.

The other list that is endless is my thanks and gratitude to all the people who made Oasis such a special and fun event.

8)Al and Shelly, for hosting in the infamous room 135. Thank you so much for all of your hospitality!

8)Dr. Z for throwing spectacular hangover inducing parties, and then passing out his patented hangover cure.

8)The fantastic plate lunch provided by OnaTiki and Moki. Thanks so much, it was delicious, and I don't know if I could have finished Oasis without it!!! Also OnaTiki's busting my chops of my dad dropping me off at Oasis (There goes your lunch, man!).

8)Sharing cuban cigar smokes with Seamus, HulaHula, and Dr. Shocker, and the many swigs of Australian Rum from Doc Shock's flask.

8)Monkeyman for selling my extra Pele Mugs at his booth, and for all the great conversation during the weekend. Thanks Braddah, you are too cool for school. Glad to see that you got to jump in on that jam session! By the way, did you know that Monkeyman is only 26 years old? :)

8)UngaBunga and Chongolio for letting me stash a whole bunch of crap in their room! And then I missed the party that Unga hosted!!! DOH!!!

8)Otto and Babydoe for throwing such a fantastic event, especially with all of the grief they had to put up with.

8)Will the Thrill and Monica Tiki Godess, for the open ended invitation to check out their swank pad at the Orbit Inn.

8)Hukilau Brown for getting me a volunteer shift, and weathering the storm at the front gate on opening night! How many people couldn't remember their confirmation numbers, or even their last names? Much Mahaloz for getting Coco Loco a last minute volunteer shift as well.

8)Martiki, Rebecca, Sabu, Tiki-bot, and who-ever else got on the phone, and convinced Coco Loco to drive down on Friday evening.

8)Coco Loco for actually driving down late Friday night to attend Oasis!

8)And last, but certainly not least, huge props go out to Chongolio, for navigating like a true pirate through strange tropical monsoons, freakish hailstorms, a scary detour through the ghetto in Rialto (or wherever the hell we were) where we were lost for a good hour, and strange and exotic lands infested with dinosaurs, mang. Thanks for the good times and the great conversation all the way down to Oasis!

It seems like most of my pictures came out great - too many to post here, I tried paring it down to a select few, but it's impossible - here's some of the cream:

Tiki + Oasis = TIKI OASIS!!!

Land Of The Lost (driver). :D

Unga's Room

Uh-oh Tonga-In-Cheeky, you've got competition!!!

ARRRRRRR?!?

Unga gets a lap dance!

Muscle kissing and ARRRRR-GYLE sweaters.

Trader Pup's traditional sake ceremony.

ARRRRRRRR!!!

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Bamboo Sprout.

Room Party! Island Fever, Ho Harr Harrrrr!!!

The Great Cuban smoke-out.

Hey Dr. Shocker, didn't anyone tell you that three on a match is bad luck?!?

Beware Savages!!! ARRRRRRRR!!!!

Party in Hanford and Humuhumu's room.

Repeat after me: ARRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Land Ho ye lilly livered lubbers!!!

My Hangover Cure is elementary, my dear Watson!

On the Planet Of The Apes, we did not have Oasis, only banaynays, banaynays, banaynays...

Hangin' with Seamus' tikis.

And let's not forget that it was Mother's Day Weekend! Happy Mother's Day, mom, and no, I'm not a gay pirate!!!

T

Thanks for the pics everyone, it helps to bring back the memories of the weekend. By the way, has anyone seen my brain, I think I left in a tiki mug in 135 or possibly under a bongo somewhere. Let me know........ Thanks for the effort in the krawl... combover wins the prize here..... but hey I am the one still looking for his brain......so what do I know ... I am missing my girl friend too.......

B

Ok Guys my pix won't come up like yours cuz i gots kinda alot. So click this link to go to my webpage pix:

http://www.biffinc.com/TikiOasis2005/TikiOasis2005.html

We had a blast and met so many new & old friends. Biff , Mike & The Coconut Twins Say Aloha! and can't wait to see you all next time. We'll for sure be at Crazy Al's B-day & Hukilau. Thanks to Everyone .....

Love Yas, Mahalo!!

Are you ready kids? I can't hear you!

Project Pimento -- is that a new theremin?

Iuka Grogg and The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa

Mika'ele Loco Moco has the Best Guitar Ever.

Get that giant Mai Tai off the stage!

Unga Bunga and CynfulCynner

What's that thing floating in the pool?

AL!

Kick_the_Reverb and wench

Otto enjoys a Reverb Crash

Iuka's Grogg made by Iuka Grogg

Voodoo snooze

Diet Coke Bomb!

T

Really, who IS this clown? One of us?

This one did not speak (at least that I heard) and would sort of stare at you.

Clowns scare me.

TB

K

What's that thing floating in the pool?

I don't know, but they just opened an X file.

Hey Hey Kids!

[ Edited by: Krustiki on 2005-05-13 19:14 ]

M

Getting my pix together now.

So, in the meantime, I proudly present my masterpiece of the weekend. I got a lot of winners, but this one takes the cake. Therefore, it is presented in glorious huge, non-shutterfly format. I thought it best to leave the red eye, don't you agree?

Enjoy!

S
SES posted on Sat, May 14, 2005 11:21 AM

Hah! Yes that one is better with the red eye! I also love the monkey on the float in the pool and the shot of everyone talking into their banana phones.
:)

M

OK- here goes!

What a great vacation- just what the doctor ordered. We were welcomed to the southland on Wednesday by the kind hospitality of Dr. Z and DolphinGirl, who gave us the grand tour of the Castaway Lounge. Here's Dr. Z captured in his native habitat:

You can also see some pix of the Tiki Apts nearby in the Shutterfly folder. (link at bottom)

Then it was off to the Ti, where things were great for as much as I can remember. A pleasure to meet PapaToaTane, CheekyTiki, SpermWhale, and I'm sure a host of others. BIG mahalos go out to Tiki Diablo for giving us a ride to the Travelodge at the end of the night. I was apparently unfit to even stagger. (pix in the Wednesday night at the Tiki Ti Thread)

Thursday it was off to OA, The Lucky Tiki, and The Purple Orchid.

Then off to Oasis- many thanks to Otto and Doe for all of the hard work. Thanks to all of the volunteers as well, and to C'Al and his team for the incredible stage. A true thing of beauty! Thanks also to all of the room hosts and Nelva for putting everything together with the taste-off. And now, to the pix!

Sleepy Sabu:

Arrrr!

Extreme Kukulele

Guess which manly man this is?

Wish this wasn't blurry:

Al, don't worry, it looks dirtier than it was:

Pottery can make you hateful:

Bad Tron!

C'Al is nice enough to let Atomic Cocktail know that his prison name is Mary:

Updated:

Lots more gems here: http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeBMXDZw4btH-w

Mahalo everyone!

[ Edited by: martiki on 2005-05-16 11:21 ]

On 2005-05-14 11:57, martiki wrote:
C'Al is nice enough to let Atomic Cocktail know that his prison name is Mary

Hey, my prison name is Debi!

A few pics from my personal collection. See Buccaneer Beady, my little Best Dressed Pet, in various poses.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/share/welcome?i=EeAt2zJq4bOHFg&x=1&sm=1&sl=0

On 2005-05-14 20:10, Mrs. Arizona wrote:
A few pics from my personal collection. See Buccaneer Beady, my little Best Dressed Pet, in various poses.

Those pics are sooo cute. I now wish I would've brought my mini poodle Sadie with us. She's eleven years old though and panics whenever I'm not in sight.

Pages: 1 2 69 replies