Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

New York Magazine rates light rums

Pages: 1 3 replies

A

Well, it's happened: "Rum is the new Vodka" The newest issue of New York magazine rates light rums for sipping and mixing. They rate some I haven't seen mentioned on TC such as 10 Cane, which they rate pretty highly. When I get a few minutes I'll sum up their ratings.

K

So, now that rum is the new vodka, does this mean that the rum in every single bar within a 600 mile radius will no longer be limited to Bacardi white, Captain Morgan, Meyers, Bacardi 151, and Malibu?

Yea! Oooh! Maybe they'll stock raspberry rum now! Oooh! Or some other brand of vile spiced garbage.

Rum is the new vodka when there are 15 decent rums on hand in my local. They have at least that many vodkas.

The article should be titled: "Rum is the new vodka...in New York City"

Heh heh heh!

Ahu

[ Edited by: kukuahu on 2005-05-10 09:24 ]

Yeah Should Be Called Rum Is The New Vodka In New York City...LOL As for rum...if any of my fellow TC members visit Philadelphia my home town, be sure to stop by Cuba Libre in the Old City section of Philadelphia...among the stuck up snobby overpriced old city bars is a cool cuban restaurant called Cuba Libre. Though not tiki by any means, their Rum selection is out of this world, they stock something like 50 or more different rums from all over the place. Any rum lover would be in heaven at this place. Drinks can be pricey but well worth it. Check out there website http://www.cubalibrarestaurant.com

Here's a link to the New York Magazine article:

NYM: Best of White Rum Article

And, I believe you have a typo in your URL:

Cuba Libre Restaurant

[ Edited by: JerseyRED on 2005-05-12 16:29 ]

Pages: 1 3 replies