Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Sam's Seafood.... King Crab night this Monday!

Pages: 1 2 3 137 replies

I'll be meeting Laney & MTKahuna at Sam's Seafood this monday night (5/16) for $12.95 king crab dinner. If there are any Hoity Toitys up for it, please join us! It just a casual excuse get crabs with Laney.... and cheap!

We'll be meeting about 7pm, usually seated in the bar.

[ Edited by: Traderpup on 2005-05-15 20:33 ]

E
eel posted on Fri, May 13, 2005 1:49 PM

CRABS!

Will there be the traditional "Getting Crabs" ceremony

The drink special will be a Quell and soda, with a nit comb stirrer.

King crab! tomorrow night! Join us!

Try to get a Sneak Peak of the Hidden Village (Banquet Room). It will make you Woo Hooo!!! :)

E
eel posted on Tue, May 17, 2005 8:15 AM

I had so much fun getting crabs with you guys. My friend, Jen, also had a blast! I even think Nick was having fun (before the leap of faith)
I say we make it a monthly thing. I'm in! Pup? MTKahuna? SCD?

That was fun! Jen's laugh is pretty infectious. (We need to get her a tiki name too). As always, TraderPup is always great to be around and I'm glad I got to catch up with MTKahuna since it's been so long! Last, but not least, my bud Nick is 'da Man! He knows how to liven up a gathering! If this should become a monthly thing, then we need to make Nick's Leap of Faith a monthly ritual, even if Nick isn't there! Are you next Laney? Maybe MT...

I never thought I'd enjoy getting crabs so much! Great company, great entertainment (Nick).... monthly is a go with me! I'm already there monthly for crab as it is....!

Crab night once again! Monday, June 27th!

R

I'll be there around 6-ish.

On 2005-06-24 11:53, Riptide wrote:
I'll be there around 6-ish.

Hey Rip,

You didn't say anything about going when we were surfing yesterday. Maybe we can talk story around the table about Jimmy Buffet concerts...

R

On 2005-06-24 12:56, Tiki_Bong wrote:

Hey Rip,

Maybe we can talk story around the table about Jimmy Buffet concerts...

You know any good ones?

On 2005-06-24 13:31, Riptide wrote:

Hey Rip,

You know any good ones?

Well, word on the street is that there are some real interesting ways to get to the front rows...

R

On 2005-06-24 17:27, Tiki_Bong wrote:

Hey Rip,

You know any good ones?

Well, word on the street is that there are some real interesting ways to get to the front rows...

O.K. Bong, you got me. So, I've had great seats a couple of times at some Buffett shows. Big Deal. Nothing I did would be considered illegal or wrong in Amsterdam or Greece.

Also, remember: A "buffet" is usually an overpriced place to get bad, watered down food. "Buffett" concerts are a place to...oh I'm not gonna win this argument. Nevermind.

On 2005-06-24 23:36, Riptide wrote:

On 2005-06-24 17:27, Tiki_Bong wrote:

Hey Rip,

You know any good ones?

O.K. Bong, you got me. So, I've had great seats a couple of times at some Buffett shows. Big Deal. Nothing I did would be considered illegal or wrong in Amsterdam or Greece.

Also, remember: A "buffet" is usually an overpriced place to get bad, watered down food. "Buffett" concerts are a place to...oh I'm not gonna win this argument. Nevermind.

Alright, I'll let it slide as long as you take the Buffet (Home Town that is) sticker off you vehicle when we surf...

On 2005-05-13 13:52, Unga Bunga wrote:
Will there be the traditional "Getting Crabs" ceremony

I think so...

I'm a Sam's Seafood fan from way back, but have you noticed that occasionally, for some odd reason, it smells like heavily used fish...

R

On 2005-06-26 18:05, Tiki_Bong wrote:
... for some odd reason, it smells like heavily used fish...

I think that is just the "red-tide" in Sunset Beach. (Not the "Riptide" which we know doesn't exist.)

bump

see y'all tonight! I'll be getting there around 6:30

Thanks for a great crabby evening! $1 draft beer... woo hoo!

M

When's the next Monday meeting?
King Crab and dollar beers ROCK!!!

R

Good times last night: Good crab, good priced beer, and good company. It's also alway nice to be politely asked to leave.

See you all again next month, if not before.

DZ

On 2005-06-28 09:14, Riptide wrote:
It's also alway nice to be politely asked to leave.

Yeah, but at ten o'clock??

I agree: good food, good friends! However, I was a little freaked out by all the bright light in the bar when I arrived, but then I realized that it was the sun. (I usually don't get to Sam's until waaaaay after dark.)

I say we hit Turk's afterwards next time!

Laney/Pup,
Any word on the next crabby gathering?

A
Al-ii posted on Wed, Sep 7, 2005 4:45 PM

Monday????
Mahalo,
Al

Laura and I will try to be there this Monday 9/12 (work permitting). What time?? 7:00pm at the bar???

[ Edited by: The Sperm Whale 2005-09-07 17:03 ]

T

YES!!! This monday, Sept 12.... king crab night at Sam's Seafood!! 7pm I reckon.....

7ish? I think we can make that. Any room at the table for Tiki Bird and I?

There's room for all!!

A
Al-ii posted on Mon, Sep 12, 2005 7:49 AM

In
Mahalo,
Al

Ok, I'm in too -- see y'all there.

E
eel posted on Mon, Sep 12, 2005 11:55 AM

I'm there...going to try for 6:30 and grab a couple $1 beers...bring my mugs pup!!!! see ya there

Great Hoity Toity night of king crab dinner!

bummer. Too bad I missed it. I'll definitely have to drag the missus up for the next one. There is going to be a "next one", right?

E
eel posted on Tue, Sep 13, 2005 10:38 AM

We had a big crowd this time, poor delicious crabs!
Thanks to everybody who bought stuff from Nick's school fund raiser. It also means you'll have to come next month to get yer stuff. A round of drinks is on me (uh...$1 beers tho, I'm not made of money) I hate those things and it just started yesterday so he was all pumped up to sell too. Thanks again, Laney/eel

On 2005-09-13 10:38, eel wrote:
We had a big crowd this time, poor delicious crabs!
Thanks to everybody who bought stuff from Nick's school fund raiser. It also means you'll have to come next month to get yer stuff. A round of drinks is on me (uh...$1 beers tho, I'm not made of money) I hate those things and it just started yesterday so he was all pumped up to sell too. Thanks again, Laney/eel

(twist my arm)...ok I be there!

TBird.

I am glad I had a chance to say 'hi' to you good people, even though I was there a total of, what, 30 seconds? Hope I wasn't rude. Next time, I'll make sure to stay awhile.

However, in my rush, I did manage to chug a mai tai. Good thing we weren't in the Bahooka... gulp...mmmmmm...GHHHAA!!! FIRE!

I'm feeling crabby...when's the next crab social?

M

If you look closely... you can see bits of crabshell in the beard of TP.

Anyone up for crab Monday???

What does the menu look like for the rest of the week?

Be careful... the tikies are watching

[ Edited by: MTKahuna 2005-10-19 17:46 ]

Me want crab!!

R

Count me in!

TB

Utopiandreem & I are in!

TBird.

[ Edited by: Tiki Bird 2005-10-20 19:12 ]

I am pretty sure The Whale Rider and I are in!!(work permitting) We will probably be there around 7:30ish. What time were we planning on meeting? MMMMMMMMM Crabs!!!
Later,
Spermy

Will there be a crab night during the 1st week of December?
I'd like to meet some of you fine artists when I paddle over from Kailua.

DZ

I, too, am feeling a mite crabby...

A
Al-ii posted on Sun, Oct 23, 2005 5:23 PM

The He Man Woman Haters will be at Sam's Mon. We'll see you then.
mahalo,
Al

Pages: 1 2 3 137 replies