Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Sea World-Hedley Tiki?

Pages: 1 9 replies

Foung this Tiki in an antique store. It's 13" tall and a heavy ceramic/plaster. It looks like one I saw posted by Tangaroa in a Main Discussion topic on Sea World, page 1 of a postcard showing drinks with Tiki in background.

The bottom is imprinted "HEDLEYBA"

Back of Tiki with old sale price sticker.

Maybe these were sold at Sea World?

Interesting.

My Moms nick name is Ba. Maiden name Hedley. My Dad, my Moms ex husband (not Eli aka Grandfather on Moms side ) used to have a ceramic and plaster lamp and accessories biz. My Dad and Eli are in heaven so it'll remain a mystery.

Cool score Bongo.

T

Interesting! Can you link to the pic I showed? I don't recall it.....

Not sure how to do that Tangaroa. It is about 3/4 way down the page in the main discussion area. Sea World Post by Maui_Matt. The card you psoted was on the first page. Can you link it? Thanks for your input BambooBen.

I hope this is okay:

BACK OF POSTCARD (NOTE TIKI IN BACKGROUND!)

and here is a link to the entire thread:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=1801&forum=1&31

"Hey, at least I'm housebroken."

[ Edited by: Polynesiac on 2005-05-23 21:15 ]

Cool find Ron! Hey Ben, I bet this was a lamp the family used to make or something.

Thanks Polynesiac......that's the one......TD, it looks like it would have been perfect for the lamp hardware to sit between the raised hands.

Thanks Polynesiac......that's the one......TD, it looks like it would have been perfect for the lamp hardware to sit between the raised hands.

HL

I bought one of these from someone off eBay about 6 months ago. The first one arrived damaged so they send me another one.

Perhaps someone unearthed an old mould?

I've found one of these too. If you check pg. 58 of "tiki finds" you'll see this guy I found at an antique mall. It also contains the "hedleyba" marking.
I've taken some better photos since:

[ Edited by: Slacks Ferret 2006-04-29 21:37 ]

Pages: 1 9 replies