Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Cruisin Paso Robles, Memorial Weekend PICTS Added

Pages: 1 22 replies

Anybody goign to this hot rod show? West Coast Kustoms (NOT the "Pimp My Ride" losers) are once again putting on the Cruisin" Nationals 2005 Car Show in Paso Robles, CA on May 28th & 29th 2005. This year is a Tribute to Kenneth Howard (aka Von Dutch). Your ride must be Kustomized, pre '62 and driven into the park.

We'll be there, selling our wares and wandering around looking at shiny things. Stop by our booth and say Howdy! I'll be there with my team, Matt & Mikey, sweatin to the oldies! We'll be on the corner of 11th & Park Sts, on the library side, facing the park.

Anybody else going as a vendor?

[ Edited by: stuff-o-rama on 2005-05-30 21:40 ]

K

Not goin as a vendor, but as a participant... bringing my '54 Ford.

H
hewey posted on Sun, May 22, 2005 3:04 AM

Make sure you guys shoot some pics and post em on here - I would love to see em. If I went to one US based event, "paso" would be it! make sure you get some pics of the primered rides as well, not just the shiny ones!

M

Yup, we spend my b-day every year at Paso.
Not to be missed is the bull riding at Big Bad Bubba's BBQ or the Bowling Alley parking lot shenanigans. Good times.

Rae

M

Hewey, the show not to be missed in Cali for buckets is Billetproof. It's become one behemoth of a show...but still true to the rust. @;-)

On 2005-05-22 03:04, hewey wrote:
Make sure you guys shoot some pics and post em on here - I would love to see em. If I went to one US based event, "paso" would be it! make sure you get some pics of the primered rides as well, not just the shiny ones!

Paso is my favorite car show, there are cars here to please everybody. Naomi from 8-Ball will be there, as well as Twisted Tikis. WCK are doing their reunion show in Paso on Labor Day Weekend, it's a much smaller version but still really amazing. There's another show in Ventura in October called "Primer Nationals" and it's rad too. Mostly primered rods and motorcycles (hence the name). I'll try to get out and take some photos for you Hewey.

[ Edited by: stuff-o-rama on 2005-05-23 12:59 ]

Paso is a rocking show....not making it this year but had such a blast last year (I think hehehehe).............Primers are down here and last years doubled in size from the first year so I imagine it will be even bigger this year....

H
hewey posted on Mon, May 23, 2005 6:06 PM

Thanks stuff-o-rama!

I am not just into rat rods, but the shiny stuff too. Some people kinda dont like the rats, but I love em because of the character, and the fact that they are driven!

Well, the show was jam packed with people, I didn't get a chance to even walk around until Sunday, by then most cars had left. I did get a few shots though.

8 Carbs per serving

Beatniks from Koolsville

Setting up shop

[ Edited by: stuff-o-rama 2007-05-23 12:20 ]

H
hewey posted on Tue, May 31, 2005 4:06 AM

cool pics dude. More! Checking out the link now

Here's another link to some more pictures from the car show

http://www.hotrodhotline.com/feature/2005show/05pasorobles/

[ Edited by: stuff-o-rama on 2005-06-03 18:47 ]

M

Hey did anyone get pics of the inside of that green Scooby Doo lookin voodoo bus with the umbrella stickin out of it?

How the hell that ended up on the lawn at Paso is beyond me, but I thorougly enjoyed it for all it's tiki tackiness...the inside was really crazy. I took pics with my cell phone camera but they didn't turn out...would love to see some pics if any has to share. The guys showed up at the bowling alley on Sat. and came in Animal House style.

I'm bumping this topic as once again this show will be the event to kick off the car show season! I can't believe this weekend is almost here, it's my favorite show, next to Primer Nationals and Hootenanny.

I'll be there in my bright orange tent, stop by and say hi.

Naomi from 8 Ball should be there too. Anyone else going this year?

Also, if you're there you should check out this show later in the evening:

TT

I went to this show last year and it was a blast! I actually bought some stuff from the stuff a rama tent, which was just near the Barris tent.. Got plastered at the crooked kilt too.. what a weekend! wish i was there this year..

K

No more drive-in... boo hoo. They flattened the sucker! What're we gonna do on Friday night?

Come stop by the Road Zombies cars and say hi if you're down there! Mine's the red convertible '54 Ford.

Woody

I had no idea the A&W is gone... that really sucks.

I have the schedule of events

Meet many of the "Legends of Kustomizing" past and present
Special Guest and WCK "Hall of Fame" induction Saturday at 3pm
Vehicle Awards Sunday, Starting at 3pm

Friday May 25th
Pre-Registration City Hall Building 11am-2pm 4-6pm
'50s Cruise Night Spring Street 7-9pm
Dancin' in the Streets 8pm-11pm Downtown
Bowling and Strolling at Wilson's Lanes 9pm-12pm $6 per person

Saturday May 26th
City Park opens Pre-Registered vehicles only 7am
Model Car Show and Swap Meet Park Gazebo 10am-3pm
"Hall of Fame" Induction Ceremony 3pm Old Library Steps
Saturday Evening Concert Under the Stars 9pm

Sunday May 27th
Registered vehicles can enter the park at 7am
Christian Rod & Customs non-Denominational Church Service 9am Old Library Steps
Golden State Classics Car Club Poker Run 9am
Trophy Winners line up for awards presentation and photo opportunity 12noon
50/50 Raffle winner announced
After dinner "bull" session Paso Robles Inn Patio

No news on what bands are in the gazebo, does anyone know? Also, I'm not sure if the bowling alley is happening or not on Saturday...

K

Gizzelle from Wild Records is playing both nights. She's awesome... I've seen her in L.A. and in Vegas.

MT

Man, I'd love to make this event. I'm actually heading down to Southern CA today from the Bay Area. I wish this was starting today, I'd hit the cruise or something on my way down. I seriously doubt that I'll be able to work it into my schedule, but if for some reason I decide to leave the Los Angeles area on Sunday, maybe I'll roll on through.

Hey Kahaka, I talked to Nacho at Forbidden Island last night, and he said that he's going. Are you guys going down together? Is he bringing the giant tiki bar? That would rule!!!

K

Mai Tai... I'm hittin' the road at 3:00 with Nacho and the crew from SJ, southbound and down to Paso! No giant tiki bar. Paso police would not like. You should make plans to go next year... it's frickin' neat.

MT

Hey guys, how was Paso Robles? Any pics? I had a great time in SoCal, and my lamp turned out great!

TS

Paso was awesome... I seen alot of metalflake this year on rides...It looks like it could be the new replacement of the full suede/satin look...The only thing that sort of disturbed me this past weekend were the high amount of lowriders vs traditional kustoms compared to 2 years ago. I feel Paso is really for the smaller group of traditionalists/kustoms rides, since "lowriders" have their own circuit to attend. I fear that Paso will wind up like the Lowrider Super Show in L.A., where it had to be canceled/banned due to the violence of fighting,stabbing and even shootings. Lowriders unfortunately attract a bad element, and I'd hate to see Paso go through what L.A. did, with the new addition to the "cholobillys" & the Veteranos @ Paso...Aside from that, Paso has the kraziest kustoms show up on the west coast. All the top kustom car builders/artists hit this one(minus Boyd)Good,right?hahaha...I have some video I shot in widescreen format, and when i get it edited, I'll post it here...Hey Kahaka, I was over your way I think...I was talking to Alex Gambino for a bit...Are the Road Zombies hitting any Socal shows this year like the Hootenanny in O.C., or the Rat Fink Party @ LACR? There is also the Ink & Iron show in Long Beach(Queen Mary)?

Crazy, crazy weekend. I was so slammed in the booth I hardly got a chance to walk out in the park until Sunday afternoon. Besides there were so many people there on Saturday it was hard to see the cars.

Here's a link to a ton of picts from the show http://www.jalopyjournal.com/?p=932

I personally like the lowriders and the lead sleds. From what I saw and what the pictures also show is that there were a huge variety of kustoms. I love the Beatniks from Koolsville car club's cars as they are not afraid of crazy paint jobs. Not what I'd do personally, but I do enjoy the craftsmanship and skill of their work.

I have been on the go-go-go since Memorial Weekend, this is my first day back home in two weeks so I'm late in chiming in on this one...

Wow....great pictures!!! I really like that bus and the sea-green colored car off the second link. Those are certainly labors of love. Looks like the show takes over the whole city. :lol:

Pages: 1 22 replies