Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

i love chipotle

Pages: 1 36 replies

J
john posted on Thu, May 26, 2005 4:07 AM

its great. if you ask nicely you can get them to start a quesadilla then open it before its crispy (cheese all melted) and put the burrito stuffins (steak is the best) in it an fold it like a burrito, its good.. if you are a student you get free drinks.. good thing i kept my id! anyways its late an im tired and rambling

Creative Glassworks "Island Series"
http://www.creativeglassworksaz.com
[email protected]

[ Edited by: john on 2005-05-26 04:10 ]

I've heard that the hot ticket is to get the quesadila with fat free ready whip in it.

EWWWW! Gigantalope!!!

I'm a big fan of the smoked jalapeno, otherwise known as the chipotle. There is this great salad dressing I can't seem to get in Victoria, it's Chipotle Cheddar by Brianna's.

A little spicy, and very tasty. Yum!

hey John, are you this kid ?

i think he waxes more poetic than thou about Chipotle.

I don't think chipotle would be so popular if it wasn't so fun to say!

J
john posted on Thu, May 26, 2005 12:17 PM

On 2005-05-26 12:02, dogbytes wrote:
hey John, are you this kid ?

i think he waxes more poetic than thou about Chipotle.

now more than ever the differences between an english degree and an art degree are so clearly evident

DZ

Ohhh... "Chipotle" is also a restaurant! (the capital "C" makes all the difference)
Now I get this thread...

Ahhhh! They don't have Chipotle restaurants up here either.

Thanks Dogbytes, I would have gone on in complete ignorance for who knows how long!

J
john posted on Thu, May 26, 2005 2:57 PM

sorry, i should have mentioned that... like i said it was late and i was rambling

H

Ah yes, the all-important shift key -- they didn't put two of the suckers on your keyboard just 'cause they had space to fill.

I love chipotle. I'm eating Salsa Baja from Baja Fresh right now. Yummy. I haven't tried Chipotle the restaurant yet, we don't have many of them down here. Aren't they owned by McDonalds?

J
john posted on Thu, May 26, 2005 3:37 PM

hey cut me some slack. i was painting happy trees the day they taught the proper use of punctuation and capitalization.

chipotle oops sorry.. Chipotle sets the bar to where all other burrito places line up. the only thing similar between mcdonalds and chipotle is you will get fat if you eat enough of em. comparing chipotle to baja is like comparing red lobster to long john silvers

Creative Glassworks "Island Series"
http://www.creativeglassworksaz.com
[email protected]

[ Edited by: john on 2005-05-26 15:38 ]

The Chipotle in Berkeley has the sad misfortune of being 2 blocks away from Picante, which is the best fancy mexican place in the East Bay. And by fancy, I mean the bathrooms are clean, and it's not a truck. It's just a teensy bit more $$ and the chef is a Chez Panis alum. Mmmmmm. But, Chipotle is pretty good.

H

I picked up a bottle of the new chipotle flavored Tabasco sauce the other day:

It actually tastes like A-1 Steak Sauce mixed with Tabasco, but I've found that I like it quite a bit and I'm putting it on everything. It was especially good on my mashed sweet potatoes yesterday. At the moment I'm eating it on some baked cheddar cheese & potatoes.

if you're talkin the fast food chain (ala Mcdondoes)... slap it bland.

if you're talkin chiles, you might check into anita's in the tucson barrio... ask gloria to set you up, but ya gotta get there an' pick it up yourself! her tortillas rule, too!

you could venture into the drunken non-mecca of new mexico and capture the flag an' flee mit der chile... don't forget to grab a pasole recipe, too. tiki n' posole make for an odd but warm mix.

elsewise, force dry jalapenos on your own.

when all else fails, frozen diced green hatch chiles will do, just mix 'em in your stew.

J
john posted on Fri, Jul 22, 2005 12:05 AM

oooh no, slap it yummy!!!
if authentic is your thing la parrilla suiza in phoenix is bestest!

the chipotle pretzel nuggets from The Popcorn Factory are the whip! I've been able to order them separately from the catalog, but on the website I can only find them as part of a Sampler

they're addicting.

-Z

I love Chipotle (the restaurant and anything else related). A Chipotle opened up by me a few years ago and their introduction was a brown paper bag placed in my local newspaper that read: "bring this bag into Chipotle's and we'll fill it with your favorite burrito FREE of charge". Needless to say, I ran down the next day & picked up my FREE carnitas,frijoles,arroz,queso,guacamole,cilantro y salsa chipotle burrito and have been a fan ever since. It's a walk-up production line kinda place like Subway, where you start uot with a tortilla (the blank canvas) and add to it as you go down the line of ingredients until you pay and walk out with about a 1 lb burrito (good for lunch AND dinner).

pound for pound, i've heard that chiplote beats taco bell and burger king combined.

chow down, rasta!

On 2005-07-22 21:07, alohabros wrote:
pound for pound, i've heard that chiplote beats taco bell and burger king combined.

chow down, rasta!

what about Carls?? / Green Borritoooo!!!!

M

Chipotle is the sizzle...I gotta question though. Does your local Chipotle have a-sexual restroom signs like mine does. Both the women and men signs are triangles. I laugh everytime I see it. I walked into the little boys room twice before I figured out I had gone into the wrong one. Needless to say, the 2nd time, I had company...@;-)

Rae

J
john posted on Sat, Jul 23, 2005 7:58 AM

what about Carls?? / Green Borritoooo!!!!

carls jr./green burrito

chipotle

On 2005-07-23 07:58, john wrote:
chipotle

So...

Chipotle has a plastic aftertaste?

-Z

On 2005-07-23 12:58, Feelin' Zombified wrote:

On 2005-07-23 07:58, john wrote:
chipotle

So...

Chipotle has a plastic aftertaste?

-Z

... just stuffed crust...

After reading this post again last night, I ran up to Chipotle and got a barbacoa, pinto bean, sour cream, guacamole and spicy tomatillo salsa burrito. MMMM...best meal I've had all week.

On 2005-07-24 11:13, Shipwreckjoey wrote:
After reading this post again last night, I ran up to Chipotle and got a barbacoa, pinto bean, sour cream, guacamole and spicy tomatillo salsa burrito. MMMM...best meal I've had all week.

Joey, I'm telling your wife! :P

P.S., try the Fins K38 & replace the fish taco with the grilled Ono taco, make yo mouth happy!

You know what they say Dr. FFL - "loose lips sink ships". My wife hates Chipotle. When it comes to Mex-Take-Out she's more of a Rubio's or Taco Bell kinda gal. She would probably like Fins as well. We don't got one of those in da 'hood. I have to drive 8 miles to get L&L BBQ (but I get a big hero's mahalo when I get back so it's worth it).

there was a fins by lowes & ikea... in mission valley.

come to think of it chipotle is just like rubio's and taco bell... same tepid fare. aren't all chipoltes located next to a kinkos???

albiertos (formerly albertos) on old highway around moonlight beach is the bomb... order up a catknuckle burrito with rice & beans and you're good to go...

[ Edited by: alohabros 2005-07-25 18:51 ]

Chipotle sucks! Crapdonalds meets upscale tacobell

B

i do like to eat (hence the belt with the holes punched in), but the Chipotle needs to investigate making a small(er) burrito.

J
john posted on Tue, Jul 26, 2005 4:46 PM

dude, im 6'7" 250 - the burritos need to be bigger!

J
john posted on Tue, Jul 26, 2005 4:47 PM

On 2005-07-26 09:27, Monkeyman wrote:
Chipotle sucks! Crapdonalds meets upscale tacobell

at least its not filibertos (dont know if they have em in cali)

TM

Chipotle is probably the best mexican restaurant in town!

I can't eat there enough times!

D

went to Chipotle today over in Bellevue the food was good enough, but the dining area was ear-piercing LOUD. music up high, screaming children running amuck, everyone was yelling to converse. the industrial sheet metal interior only served to bounce and amplify the noise.

great guacamole n chips, for a take out place.. next time we'll eat in the car!

e

(ps: looked at the tower where the new Trader Vic's will be.. open open open!)

A

... a woman was sitting on an airplane next to a nicely dressed man, they started talking, she said she had chipotle tacos for lunch and wanted to know if her breath stunk, she blew really hard into his face and said, "well"?...the man said "i don’t know, do you usually put cat shit in your tacos?"...

H
Helz posted on Thu, Nov 10, 2005 9:35 AM

Chipotle is the greatest thing ever (ok, the best thing ever...that comes wrapped in foil).

When I lived in Denver I lived on these things. Then one Sunday night when I went in to get my usual Barbacoa Burrito with Guac (1280 Calories http://www.chipotlefan.com), the manager hands me my burrito and says "This ones on us. You come in here all the time, and we appreciate it."

Then I moved to the Bay Area and my love affair with Chipotle continued. But then we relocated once again to South Florida and I was without...until last week when they opened an Brand Spankin' New Chipotle a half mile from my place here in Boca Raton. The gods have truly smiled upon me...

Oh yeah! Chipotle rocks... well, for "fast food" at least. Pretty cool especially for us Vegetarians, although I appreciate where they purchase their meat and why. I had one open near work up in Chicago 'burbs, we ate there at least 3 times a week. Chipotle makes Moe's and Baha Fresh pale in comparison. I about flipped when I was told they extending the franchise to Florida.

Chipotle Tips:

1. Try their Guac! (Very fresh, Extremely tasty)
  2. Have 'em mix 1/2 hot salsa 1/2 sour cream in a salsa cup, it has all the burn and a nice cool too!

Now when it comes to fast, fresh, Mexican food you gotta have Zona Fresca! (apologies to Chipotle) It's just a short drive down US1 from the Mai-Kai and the place is simply incredible. Literally every time I'm in that area I eat there. Heck, I was eating a burrito from Zona Fresca at the Hukilau!

Dang! Now I'm hungry!

I still have to say I love Chipotle, especially the Barbacoa...I eat there after practice at Tiki Bong's house once a week. I need to unwind at chipotle after practicing with that cranky yet loveable old curmudgeon/goat and the burrito "bol" hit's the spot! I never find it to be too loud, but since the music is always cool and interesting, who cares if it's loud? The other day I heard some acid jazz followed by astrid gilberto followed by Jhonny cash.

Pages: 1 36 replies